• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. LAKESHORE RECORDS PRESENTS
    THE D TRAIN - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music By Andrew Dost
    Plus Songs By INXS, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD), The Vapors
    And The New Song “A Million Stars” Featuring Andrew Dost And Jack Antonoff (fun.) With Vocals By Andy McCluskey (OMD)

(April 22, 2015 – Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release THE D TRAIN – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack digitally on May 5th and on CD May 26, 2015. The album features original score by Grammy-winning songwriter Andrew Dost, classic tracks by bands including INXS, The Vapors, Quarterflash, Mr. Mister, and Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD), and the original song “A Million Stars” performed by Andy McCluskey (OMD), Rob Kroehler (Ladylike), Jack Antonoff (fun.) and Andrew Dost (fun.).

“The directors Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul, absolutely had a clear vision,” said Dost. “They knew right away that they wanted a synthesizer-driven, John Hughes-esque score. We tried a few different ideas anyway - a western, Morricone style sound, for example - but when we landed back on the synthesizers we knew it was the way to go.”

Andrew Dost is a songwriter who has recently begun shifting his focus to composing for film and television. He grew up in northern Michigan playing in concert bands, brass and percussion ensembles, punk bands, jazz bands, and learning to play any instrument he could find. He attended Central Michigan University, where he wrote a musical and began touring. After years of traveling in Anathallo, he co-founded the band fun. fun. toured extensively on their first album Aim and Ignite, but it was their sophomore effort Some Nights that finally garnered mainstream success.

All his life, Dan Landsman (Jack Black) has never been the cool guy. That’s about to change ­ if he can convince Oliver Lawless (James Marsden), the most popular guy from his high school who’s now the face of a national Banana Boat ad campaign, to show up with him to their class reunion. A man on a mission, Dan travels from Pittsburgh to LA and spins a web of lies to recruit Lawless. But he gets more than he bargains for as the unpredictable Lawless proceeds to take over his home, career, and entire life. Showcasing Jack Black and James Marden’s most intoxicating performances to date, THE D TRAIN serves up the question: how far would you go to be popular? Co-starring Kathryn Hahn and Jeffrey Tambor.

“The first scene I did was when Dan is looking through his yearbook, fantasizing about going to the reunion with Oliver,” Dost explained. “That one struck me right away as an important moment for the overall tone of the film. It could be funny, it could be ludicrous, it could be sincere; ultimately, it’s everything. So I tried to play up the wonder and mystery rather than try to pick on Dan. Jarrad and Andy were really helpful with that type of moment - they’re masters of walking a line between funny, hyper-serious, sad, and everywhere in between. Jack Black played Dan with so much depth, I felt something different every time I watched the movie.”

Track Listing
    01. A Million Stars - McCluskey, Kroehler, Antonoff and Dost
    02. So In Love - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
    03. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
    04. Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
    05. I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
    06. Turning Japanese - The Vapors
    07. Kyrie - Mr. Mister
    08. Far Behind - Candlebox
    09. See If I Can Flip You to a Yes - Andrew Dost
    10. Certain Realities of High School - Andrew Dost
    11. Yearbook - Andrew Dost
    12. Heading Out to the West Side on Biz - Andrew Dost
    13. You Will Be Giving Those People a Gift - Andrew Dost
    14. Coming Home - Andrew Dost
    15. Lawless RSVP-ed - Andrew Dost
    16. Classic Lawless - Andrew Dost
    17. Is That Supposed to Make Me Feel Better? - Andrew Dost
    18. I Peaked in the 11th Grade - Andrew Dost
    19. The D Train - Andrew Dost

IFC FILMS presents THE D TRAIN opening in theaters nationwide on May 8th. Lakeshore Records presents THE D TRAIN – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, available digitally on May 5th and on CD May 26, 2015.

###

http://www.lakeshore-records.com/
    Facebook.com/TheDTrain
    #TheDTrain

For more information contact KrakowerPolingPR@gmail.com, or @KrakowerPoling on Twitter