• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2007
    Don't you think that Hugh Laurie perfectly disguises his British accent in the TV series. I wouldn't have known he was British were it not for the fact I saw an interview
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2007 edited
    You know: it's one of the reasons I've had a hell of a time getting into this series: I've known him for about twenty years as a full-on Brit (obviously)... to hear him with a mid-Western accent is VERY disconcerting!
    But he does it EXCRUCIATINGLY well!
    I'm well impressed!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Irrelevant: Bregt: are these threads going to be wiped out in the reset as well or now that you've transferred them they'll stay? To know whether to start "normal" discussions or not wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    sure, shall i start already with it?

they aren't really deleted, but set invisible
    we can go live by thusday or so
    i'm going to do a final rush tomorrow

by wednesday i also want the features to work
    i had planned 3 interviews, but none of them has been ready (arnold still needs to be typed out, takes me ages, he talks so much, danna hasn't had the time for over 4weeks, and benjamin wlalfisch over 14months)

I wished i could have used these interviews as a good starter kinda thing, you know
    perhaps we can officially launch the site later then
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2007 edited
    What do you need to do exactly with the Arnold one? Send it to me to help you if you want so we can launch the website Wednesday!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    Martijn wrote
    You know: it's one of the reasons I've had a hell of a time getting into this series: I've known him for about twenty years as a full-on Brit (obviously)... to hear him with a mid-Western accent is VERY disconcerting!
    But he does it EXCRUCIATINGLY well!
    I'm well impressed!

If it fooled Tom it must be good!

Can't say the same for Johnny Depp's terrible "would you adam an' eve it" accent that's all over the place in From Hell, though to be fair it's light years ahead of Dick Van Dyke's in Mary Poppins wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    The last couple of episodes I have listened to him very carefully to see if there was any hint of a Brit and I couldn't hear it. Can you tell Timmer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007 edited
    *I* certainly cannot, and I've been watching him like a hawk to hear him slip up, and hear some of the ol' Laurie I know from the Blackadder series. ( "I say, HURRAH, and all that!" )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    And you Timmer?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    sdtom wrote
    And you Timmer?

The same as Martijn Tom, though I'm not watching him like a Hawk waiting for him to slip up wink

How about Damien Lewis in Band Of Brothers Tom? When I first saw this series I didn't know Lewis was British, did he convince you?

I do keep hearing 'London'isms' every time Bob Hoskins does an American accent ( Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Cotton Club ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    Hugh Laurie is one of my favorite actors, but I know him better from his Blackadder days. The show House IMHO is one of if not the best show on TV.

sd smile

next to Doctor Who of course.
    Goldsmith Rules!!