• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008 edited
    I know a lot of people don't like him. But I think he's a very fine tunesmith. "Rescue Dawn" has such beautiful themes that I listened the CD for five times one night.

Today I found that he's going to score the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympic game 2008, which is great news IMO. I guess he'll deliver another "The Promise". The source of the info is here:
    http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/mv/rcprod.php?numid=2

And he has replaced Frederic Talgorn on the French animation film "Dragon Hunters". You can check out the movie's website here: http://www.dragonhunters-themovie.com/

From the trailer I'd say it looks like a very promising project ! Probably another "Time Machine" ? And the background music of the website sounds very "Badelt-ish" to me. If the whole score is this good, I'd jump in joy !
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    Rescue Dawn was easily one of last year's most notable works. I also adore his work for BEAT THE DRUM and very much like K-19 THE WIDOWMAKER, the original PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, THE PROMISE, NED KELLY. Also THE TIME MACHINE is quite good, i enjoyed the intimate and dark character of THE PLEDGE, the beautifully sweeping string lines of INVINCIBLE. EQUILIBRIUM and the RECRUIT had some very good elements in them as well.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    I think Badelt is significantly better when he's working on smaller films.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Well BEAT THE DRUM is actually written by Ramin Djawadi. Badelt's name was just on the cover as the production company wanted him on it as he oversaw what Djawadi was doing who he had no credit at that time. It's the same story as with Badelt & Zimmer on INVINCIBLE where Zimmer had nothing to do with score except overseeing it.

Anyway, what about the thing that Badelt is scoring Starship Troopers 3 and The Scorpion King 2? I can't imagine that he's doing Direct-To-DVD projects. Do you have any info on that Mikael?
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    There is a Scorpion King 2? lol Hollywood and creativity = 1000.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    Dom wrote
    Anyway, what about the thing that Badelt is scoring Starship Troopers 3 and The Scorpion King 2? I can't imagine that he's doing Direct-To-DVD projects. Do you have any info on that Mikael?

Yep.

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … auder.html

mc
  1. Chasseurs de Dragons is out this week in France...

I'll be in the theater next sunday to watch that amazing CGI film (there's nothing in the French cinema, but at least we have CGI ! punk ) and discover that score written by Klaus...

Nothing about any score release unfortunately... angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008
    Hopefully Milan will handle it...

I can't wait to hear Badelt mixing Russian and African instruments together...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008 edited
    elenewton wrote
    Hopefully Milan will handle it...

I think our best bet is Varese actually. I think I heard that Milan refused to release Badelt's TMNT in the past, for whatever reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Sylvos wrote
    I think I heard that Milan refused to release Badelt's TMNT in the past, for whatever reason.

Well Milan once tried to release it but it didn't work out because of the regular reasons. They never ever refused it to release it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thanks for the heads up. smile
  2. And TMNT was a great score... slant crazy
  3. Hybrid Soldier wrote
    And TMNT was a great score... slant crazy

I would have loved to hear more from it yes, the first track on the soundtrack was a really fun track
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. I was looking forward for a TMNT score release and I wonder what are the "regular reasons" are. Also,e ven if it didn't they should have try a different record label or sell it digitally or let alone put it out along with with the other turtles music from the other movies and cartoons into a box set.
  5. what are the "regular reasons" ? Is it lawsuits, producers, or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    Well as for TMNT a song combialtion was released and as on many other movies the studio simply wasn't interested in a seperate score release. Apart from that they already put two short suites of Badelt's score on the CD. Considering the short time Badelt had for writing, recording and mixing the score it's already a "miracle". That are the regular reasons I was talking about. I mean that's nothing new for us isn't it...
  6. like spider-man 3
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    Spider-Man 3 is just one example out of hundreds.
  7. It's a shame that - as far as I can make out - buying the TMNT song CD doesn't allow you to buy only the two score tracks. You have to buy the whole CD-worth of tracks. rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    ^.....which are very good tracks btw, the Badelt ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    It's a shame that - as far as I can make out - buying the TMNT song CD doesn't allow you to buy only the two score tracks. You have to buy the whole CD-worth of tracks. rolleyes

Same on iTunes. The score suites are on available with the whole album.
  8. It just seems daft that they can't organise a way to release the 2 tracks separate from the songs. How many people who bought the soundtrack for the songs bother to listen to the score cues, and how many people who have no interest in the songs would pay to have the score tracks?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. Yesterday I saw Chasseurs de Dragons...

Perfect animated film and beautiful score...

In the TMNT style (asian instruments) but without the electric guitars... biggrin

The action cues (4 or 5 in the entire film) are really Badeltish (same rythm as POTC)... beer

There's no big MV anthem as Main Theme (even if the opening titles contain a strong cue), but a little theme with some variations during the film... lick

There's a scene, near the end of the film, only based on music (no dialogues), which is AMAZING ! shocked

This really disserves a score release (the complete score is 55/60 min) ! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Yesterday I saw Chasseurs de Dragons...

I hear a LOT of good things about it!
    Anyone know if there is any sort of release?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    I listened to "the pledge" today. It's unbelievable that Badelt and Zimmer also brought us POTC when you listen to this dark, intimid score.
  10. Martijn wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Yesterday I saw Chasseurs de Dragons...

I hear a LOT of good things about it!
    Anyone know if there is any sort of release?

No, because in France, we do not know what a "soundtrack" is... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008
    Christoph wrote
    I listened to "the pledge" today. It's unbelievable that Badelt and Zimmer also brought us POTC when you listen to this dark, intimid score.

That's a very dear score to me, frequently revisiting it.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    Is this going to be Klaus Badelt's "Song of Solomon"?

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … -kane.html

mc
  11. needless to say, it seems Klaus is ready to throw in some propulsive action scores, let's hope they are carrying a balance between the thematic and the interesting
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    Maybe some people missed the talk over the now playing thread (was it that?) so here's the info from HANS-ZIMMER.COM on Badelt's piece for the 2008 olympic games:

THE FLAME OF LOVE
    Co-composed by Klaus BADELT

Yesterday, spanish tenor Placido Domingo and Chinese top female singer Song Zuying jointly presented a song entitled "The Flame of Love" at the Beijing Olympics closing ceremony, echoing the tender theme song "You and Me" at the opening ceremony.

The lyrics were created by Chinese writers Song Xiaoming and Yuan Yuan. While the music was produced by Chinese top composer Bian Liunian and Klaus Badelt.

Read more at www.Xinhuanet.com