• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010
    Can you download these?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I'm afraid not.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    You can use Firefox plugins like DownloadHelper to rip them onto your computer, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmmm......if one finds a way let us know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Klaus added a nice track from The Extra Man. And it looks like you won't have to bother stealing that one. Klaus says it "will be available for download from my store." Together with Solomon Kane that makes two scores soon to be released from Klaus' score! Yay!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Feliz wrote
    Klaus added a nice track from The Extra Man. And it looks like you won't have to bother stealing that one. Klaus says it "will be available for download from my store." Together with Solomon Kane that makes two scores soon to be released from Klaus' score! Yay!

The Extra Man cue is very pretty. I'll be getting that one for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Feliz, if you mean me, then relax. I am not stealing anything, it's there for people to get.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Feliz wrote
    And it looks like you won't have to bother stealing that one.

I feel I need to address this, as this -to my mind- is a major misunderstanding and indeed a HUGE misrepresentation of what happens when material is made available on the web, which has lead to the most RIDICULOUS of claims in cyberclueless courts.

Material that is streamed already leaves a temporary file on your computer.
    You already have it. It has been physically put to you.
    YOU CANNOT STEAL WHAT IS ALREADY THERE.
    (Aside from the more fundamental question on whether or not copying is actually stealing, but let's not get into that here: that's something no two courts in one country can even decide upon, and it's a global issue! shocked )

But painting retaining what's already been made readily available to you with a criminal monnker is going several steps over the line for me.

Klaus says it "will be available for download from my store." Together with Solomon Kane that makes two scores soon to be released from Klaus' score! Yay!

That is excellent news.
    Badelt in fact has my ENORMOUS admiration as an internet entrepreneur and pioneer by actually employing and advocating a way of disseminating his music that has been suggested by internet/ecommerce pundits for years (and has been staunchly ignored or refused by the whithered and scared heads of mainstay entertainment who desperately need to kling to an outdated system that is making a very few very rich).

Just on a matter of principle I would buy anything from him through his extremely well represented "pay what you think it's worth" sales. Even material I normally wouldn't be too interested in.
    That's how impressed I am by this major, bold step.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What an absolutely ridiculous assumption and cocky comment to make, Feliz. I own every Badelt score i liked on CD as everybody else here who loves his music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    You already have it. It has been physically put to you. YOU CANNOT STEAL WHAT IS ALREADY THERE.

Good point. I've really never given it that much thought. I guess I try to go by author's intent. If the author would be pleased that you have the music, then no problem, and visa versa. Sometime they surprise you. I wrote Grant Kirkhope and asked him if there was any way to hear the unreleased cues from Viva Piñata. Seems like Grant doesn't know where he put the extra cues and told me I should go hunt down a gamerip. :P

Sometimes it's confusing though. On Heitor Pereira's site, for example, all of his tracks can pretty easily be downloaded as mp3s if you have Quicktime Pro. However, the fact that he went to all the work to make them "streaming" through quicktime and doesn't directly link to the mp3 files it makes me wonder if he doesn't want the tracks downloaded and maybe isn't aware of the Quicktime Pro capabilities. I dunno, it's confusing. In this case though I'd say your definitely right. Klaus is already giving his music away and would probably be fine with people saving temp internet files.

I wonder about other things too. For instance, which is "more illigal" in the eyes of those "cyberclueless courts": pirating a commerical release or downloading an unreleased promo/expanded bootleg score? If you own a commecial score release, are you "more allowed" to own its unofficial expanded score? This probably isn't the place for a legal mumbo-jumbo discussion, but I think these are some good issues.

Christodoulides wrote
    What an absolutely ridiculous assumption and cocky comment to make, Feliz. I own every Badelt score i liked on CD as everybody else here who loves his music.

At which point Feliz runs away and hides under a rock.

Sorry Christodoulides, I definitely didn't mean direct offence at you or anyone. If that text could've conveyed the jovial human intonation that ran through head when I wrote it that would've been more obvious. A good amount of Klaus' music is only available (right now, at least) as promos or bootlegs, which is frustrating. I just did a poor job at expressing my excitement at receiving another official release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No worries, thanks for letting us know on these new links and excellent new music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    Don't remember if it was mentioned before but i found these news to be very interesting.

Emperor Qin Opera - Premiere Winter 2010

The Chinese Government and the ancient capital Xi’an (Shaanxi province, China) has commissioned Klaus to write the opera about Emperor Qin.

More info here:
    http://klausbadelt.com/post/emperor-qin … inter-2010

If his "THE PROMISE" score is of any reference, then this can only be simply stunning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Upcoming works

Présumé Coupable
    Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
    Point Blank
    The Prodigies

The Extra Man
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Don't remember if it was mentioned before but i found these news to be very interesting.

Emperor Qin Opera - Premiere Winter 2010

The Chinese Government and the ancient capital Xi’an (Shaanxi province, China) has commissioned Klaus to write the opera about Emperor Qin.

Wow, seems like Klaus caught somebody's attention after The Promise. I'm glad for him.

Christodoulides wrote
    Présumé Coupable
    Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
    Point Blank
    The Prodigies

Also glad he continues scoring foreign / independent films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ......where's he's created great things during the last years! Away from RC territories, this is where he found himself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Indeed. Looks like the Pirates experience was an inflection point in his career (with some exceptions *cough catwoman, ultraviolet, scorpion king 2 cough*).
  1. Martijn wrote
    You already have it. It has been physically put to you.
    YOU CANNOT STEAL WHAT IS ALREADY THERE.

Maybe, but on the other side of that coin, when you view pages with copy righted images, for example disney pictures of trade mark logos, they go into the Temporary internet Files folder, but I'm sure the companies and cororations don't mean for you to OWN a copy -- it's just the way computers work.

Isn't your arguement like sort of saying "I found bags of stolen money in my barn, and I kept them because they were already stolen, so I didn't steel it -- they were already there!".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So you're saying Disney would put material they've stolen in my virtual barn, and I would be to blame? smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    So you're saying Disney would put material they've stolen in my virtual barn, and I would be to blame? smile

No, not at all. You've misread my post.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Orrrr your analogy maybe doesn't work. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    Interview with Klaus

ASCAP: At the time you were working with a mentor and that’s how you ended up getting a job. Is that something that you recommend to people who are interested in getting into the business?

KB: I think there are two main ways of doing this: One way is to either do the mentorship, try to get someone who is doing it. Ghost write, you know, dig a very deep hole, get your ego in there, put it underground for a while and just work - for someone else. The other way is to maybe go to film school, try to meet directors, young directors, do short films, and just do a lot of things on spec.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    .....or there's the sure way: make friends with Zimmer and co.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Interview with Klaus

ASCAP: At the time you were working with a mentor and that’s how you ended up getting a job. Is that something that you recommend to people who are interested in getting into the business?

KB: I think there are two main ways of doing this: One way is to either do the mentorship, try to get someone who is doing it. Ghost write, you know, dig a very deep hole, get your ego in there, put it underground for a while and just work - for someone else. The other way is to maybe go to film school, try to meet directors, young directors, do short films, and just do a lot of things on spec.

Wow, that sounds like something I had posted a while ago around Jun 19th 2010? ... kiss

lp wrote
    ASCAP interview with Klaus Badelt

"...dig a very deep hole, get your ego in there, put it underground for a while, and just work."
    May 3, 2010

Interview with Klaus Badelt at the ASCAP EXPO in Los Angeles, April 2010.

ASCAP: Welcome, Klaus, thank you for being here. You had a panel earlier, tell me what your panel was about.

KB: I was at the panel of film composition and I think there’s a lot of song writers and writers here at ASCAP. I understand that many of them might be interested in how to create film music and I was probably supposed to say how this works, and if there was only one way in doing this I would have told you…

ASCAP: You actually went from being a programmer to being a film composer. What was your path?

KB: I actually started with film more than with music. I had a super 8 camera when I was ten, and I filmed my neighbor, and did all that before I had my first keyboard. So my love was always film and then music. That’s how it came together.

ASCAP: Tell me about the first film you ever worked on.

KB: I came to America 15 years ago and my first film I ever worked on was a $100 million production called “The Time Machine,” that was the first one I did under my name. You can imagine, I was a bit nervous.

ASCAP: How did that happen. How did you get that job?

KB: I was working at the time at the studio of a very famous film composer. He didn’t have time, and how things work that way when you have a mentor, he said: “You know, Klaus can do this.” And so I had to write all the major themes over night, play them to this fantastic producer [Walter F. Parkes] - he did all the Steven Spielberg movies. I was pretty intimidated.

ASCAP: You kind of had a little trial by fire. Your first film was absolutely enormous. You worked on a lot of films since. Does it ever get any less intimidating?

KB: That’s a great question. Because the actual job is actually as intimidating as before. I have a lot of respect for the job. Writing doesn’t come easy for me. It’s really a big challenge. Like one writer, a script writer once told me, what you do is you pour gasoline all over yourself and then you burn yourself. And then you start feeling it, and you have to let go. You have to suffer, you have to torture yourself a little bit first. It’s not like, you pull out your guitar and have a great idea and you play that. Sometimes it works that way, but it’s a bit deeper often.

ASCAP: So when you’re about to start a new film, where do you start? How do you get inspired?

KB: I try to go behind what’s on the screen, it’s always about: What’s the story? Who are the characters? I think my responsibility is to make you feel for the character, and not score what you see. Because you see that anyway, sometimes you have to do all that too. I think that’s a big difference between writing songs free and writing songs or writing scores for film. You have to service, you have to create an emotion, you have to support something, at the same time writing something which has substance on its own.

ASCAP: Tell me, what’s your impression of ASCAP so far?

KB: I see ASCAP as a great melting pot, as a great opportunity for everyone to come together. I said before, I think ASCAP is my best publisher, they do the job of getting writers together, promoting, I love to write, and collaborate together on a score. Songwriters for example. ASCAP is a great opportunity for all the songwriters to come together and get to meet me and vice versa. You get a lot of synergy like that.

ASCAP: This is your first ASCAP Expo. How has the experience been so far?

KB: It’s quite a blast. I haven’t been here before. There are a lot activities. I like the support you see from all sides. Everybody is very very hungry for information.

ASCAP: And are you providing the information to them?

KB (laughs): Well I can’t give anybody a recipe, but I love to talk about it.

ASCAP: Well thank you so much for being here.

KB: Thanks so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    shame shame
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010
    the score from THE EXTRA MAN is now available at his store.

http://store.klausbadelt.com/album/the- … inal-score
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks for the heads up. There's a shitload of stuff from the album to listen to in that page. It sounds like the usual soft Thomas Newman, classically-colored rom-com scores Zimmer often puts out. Interesting but not for me at this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Lars wrote

I like it! Klaus keeps surprising me with his recent works.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2010
    Lars wrote

There's also a $250 special edition package in there with a lot of stuff in it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    eh? uhm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I repeat the above sentiment.....