• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010
    lp wrote Why hasn't he released Shanghai? or other scores that's actually worth the purchase?

He probably can't release Shanghai until the film is released worldwide. Or that the Weinstein Company owns the distribution rights to his Shanghai score.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Christodoulides wrote
    how is this like ?

It's a thriller/suspense score, and it's much stronger on the percussion and driving beats than the themes. Nothing wrong with this as far as thriller suspense scores go, but Klaus does do a lot more interesting things in The Extra Man and the like. For a good flavor of this score "Subway Foot Chase" is an intense track and the last 1:30 of it has some good stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Any melodies / themes / dramatic pieces in there?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Not so much on this one, unfortunately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Any melodies / themes / dramatic pieces in there?

It's more like The Recruit crossed with standard take on HGW scores for Tony Scott films. Very predictable stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Matt C wrote
    lp wrote Why hasn't he released Shanghai? or other scores that's actually worth the purchase?

He probably can't release Shanghai until the film is released worldwide. Or that the Weinstein Company owns the distribution rights to his Shanghai score.

Shame. It's already available on Blu Ray in other parts of the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I see. thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010
    I've heard parts of Shanghai and it's nothing to be released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I've heard a bout portant too. Same applies.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    Matt C wrote

i have spoken to badelt and it's the latter reason! he needs to ask weinstein first!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    I've heard parts of Shanghai and it's nothing to be released.
    Really? I think I heard 2 different tracks from it a while ago and thought they were quite good? I'll have to go have another listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It only has an opening title which resembles THE PROMISE, it's just that. The rest is irritating drone.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Christodoulides wrote
    I've heard a bout portant too. Same applies.

I actually like A bout Portant (guilty pleasure for me) and Die Jagd nach der Heiligen Lanze. The problem with the former is that the electroncis and synths are so thick that you can barely hear the orchestral nuance.

But now that you mention The Promise, oh how I wish Badelt got more movies like that. Such a wonderful score.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    His score for Small World is available now on my store. As usual, name your price and enjoy.

http://store.klausbadelt.com/album/smal … inal-score
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Listening to it streaming right now.
    Very sweet little guitar/violin/keyboard based sound.
    Nothing ground breaking, but extremely listenable, surrounded by a soft melancholic aura.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    oh nice to hear that. His last 2 releases before that were terribly boring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know you didn't like The Extra Man, but to be fair: it most certainly isn't boring: it has a wonderful baroque quality I really, really enjoy! In fact, I immediately bought that score, while I won't be purchasing this one (as it just meanders on after a strong opening. Wonderful mood setter, but to my taste short on substance)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i am not talking about the extra man but the 2 drone ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010 edited
    A Bout Portant was a drone, yes. A well-produced drone, but still a drone. However, Die Jagd nach der Heiligen Lanze has some nice tracks. "Hall of Fame" "Origin of the Lanze" "Codebreaking" "Krimi's Breakup" "Stealing the Helicopter" and "Brandenburg Gate" and more. The album definitely has slow points and it is repetitive, but calling it a drone is a little much. It just makes a better listening experience as a reduced tracklist. I'm glad Kalus released the album to us, even if just for the last minute of "Codebreaking."

"Small World" however, is definitely the good old Klaus. I haven't finished listening to the album yet, so I can't say yet whether I got the same meandering feel Martijin did from it, but the first tracks so far have been wonderful. Not a revolution, but beautiful and right up my alley. I gave Klaus some well-deserved cash for it--well, more for this concept as a whole than the score itself. I'm always ridiculously pleased every time I see he's put up a new release. It's great that he continues to be so generous with complete, high quality releases. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am talking about Shanghai.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011 edited
    Ah, well. Nevermind then. :P

Finished listening to Small World. It's a pleasant score with two sides, light and cheerful, and darker and remorseful. "Pregnant" was a nice restrained action track. "Dans la Panade" has a beautiful soft atmosphere. The darker side of the score moves very slowly, which I think is why Martijn got that meandering feeling. The darker mood kicks in at track 4 and lighter tracks pop up sporadically after that. "Papa Flashback" and "Elvira's Secret" are possibly the best tracks from the darker mood. And then the score ended on a sweet note with "Last Journey," a simple but perfectly executed piano/guitar/violin theme--it's 6 minutes long, which is a good thing. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011
    New interview with KLAUS BADELT

http://www.hans-zimmer.ch/interviews/klaus-badelt.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011
    Anyone heard anything about this and can comment?

ENTRE LOBOS, music by Klaus Badelt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011
    New pay-what-you-want score from Klaus' webstore, Hexe Lilli:

http://store.klausbadelt.com/album/hexe … inal-score

I haven't been able to listen to more than a few seconds yet, but they sounded good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I have a small low quality promo of this score, it has some really good parts, I'm excited to get the whole thing in good quality!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How is it like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011 edited
    Don't think you'd like it much, too much mickey-mousing and the good parts are just typical RC power chords with some nicer-than-average orchestrations. I'm just a sucker for that kind of thing. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    You lost me at mickey-mousing my friend wink Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Yeah, you probably wouldn't like the score as a whole, D, but since you can stream individual cues you should listen to a few cues. It has a neat Indian flavor to it in parts that's worth hearing.

Anyone curious about the score, try these: Lilly The Witch Mandolan, Exploring Mandolin, Return of Nandi

(...And maybe That's Mandolin and To The Forbidden City)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Funny the track titles and lengths are way different from the promo...