• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2009
    Excellent! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Am I the only one who just not fond of these short tracks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In the case of Badelt, the shorter the better. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2009 edited
    It depends on the score. I really like The Promise, Ned Kelly, The Time Machine, and K-19 and Rescue Dawn are also good. As for some other scores of his, I have to agree with you...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Last night I watched Dragon Hunters, a French animated film with music by Klaus Badelt. It wasn't extraordinary music, but it was still a lot of fun in the same way TMNT is. I did notice Asian influences in the music.

That said.... It never got a release.... I don't even know if a promo exists.... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Oh yes, I listened to a DVD rip and it was quite a fun score. Shame though it's unreleased. Hope for a promo if possible, sometime.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    As much as I like anticipation and looking foward to movies and scores, sometimes it brings my hopes so high, I just end up being disappointed. On the other hand, I really love it when something completely unexpected arrives at my doorstep. This is exactely what happened with Klaus Badelt’s score Le Petit Nicolas this week.

I don’t know Badelt’s whole body of work . His newest score is miles away from his colourful The Time Machine, the serious/ russian K-19 or his romantic The Promise and Ned Kelly. This is more in Danny Elfman’s territory. That’s why it surprised me so much to hear such music penned by Badelt. It is very imaginative and quirky. The orchestrations are really outstanding. The choice of the instruments is the highlight. It goes from acoustic guitar, varied percussions, mandolin fiddle, accordeon, whistling, flute, vibraphone, banjo, electric guitar, mandolin, a brass band, bass, an orchestra, a choir and even a bicycle bell! The score is quite upbeat with a few dark passages and action parts. The opening 7 minutes + cue is really good varying from slow movements to swing and jazzy moments. The following main titles reprise the main theme of the movie with other arrangements. Imaginative indeed.

This really came out of left field. Hats off to Badelt!

and an interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGV7O1TcqA
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Martin, obviously a depart from the overly familiar thriller scores by him filled with electronic pads and chords, like in his also recent KILLSHOT which i've heard in the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I completely agree with Tintin here.
    Guess this is the benefit of leaving the craziness of Hollywood and working on films that actually have a heart.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Am I the only one who thinks Badelt looks MUCH younger now with his "new look" than he did just a few years ago?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I'm with you on that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sylvos wrote
    Guess this is the benefit of leaving the craziness of Hollywood and working on films that actually have a heart.

Word.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sylvos wrote

Or maybe it's the benefit of leaving a composing studio which does not allow individual composers to have creativity and instead imposes on them a single template which they have to follow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He did good stuff in MV too. I think Sylvos has a good point here 'cause the whole Hollywood lack of creativity seems to be affecting the majority of the big name composers working in it today as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009 edited
    I´m watching "Solomon Kane" next week, another foreign (France - UK) project scored by Badelt. This one is an action - adventure film, I can´t wait to listen what Badelt has composed.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Southall wrote

That doesn't go for his hair. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Tintin wrote
    and an interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGV7O1TcqA

I love this interview!! punk

Ahh, and still that gorgeous smile... cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He looks like a she. wink
  1. Marselus wrote
    I´m watching "Solomon Kane" next week, another foreign (France - UK) project scored by Badelt. This one is an action - adventure film, I can´t wait to listen what Badelt has composed.

Ironically, this one is probably his most MV/Remote Control-sounding score since he left the company. People who like this kind of music (in the vein of Pirates or King Arthur) will love score (lots of non-film music people who have seen the movie have commented on the music which is extremely big and prominently mixed in the movie), just don't expect anything too original.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009
    Scorefanatic wrote
    Marselus wrote

Ironically, this one is probably his most MV/Remote Control-sounding score since he left the company. People who like this kind of music (in the vein of Pirates or King Arthur) will love score (lots of non-film music people who have seen the movie have commented on the music which is extremely big and prominently mixed in the movie), just don't expect anything too original.

King Arthur-esque and extremely big and prominently mixed? Thanks, just two things I wanted to hear punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Scorefanatic wrote
    Marselus wrote

King Arthur-esque and extremely big and prominently mixed? Thanks, just two things I wanted to hear punk

WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    WANT, me too! Any news of a release??
  2. Sounds like my cup of tea, too. Extremely big cup and prominently mixed tea? Bet on me buying this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, seems pretty different than the recent electronic ambience of KILLSHOT and the fluffy quirkiness of LA PETIT NICHOLAS.
  3. For anyone interested, you can hear some of Badelt's music in this short MTV featurette:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=8692
  4. Lots of more Solomon Kane score samples can be found here:
    http://www.facebook.com/solomonkanethem … amp;ref=nf
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    Scorefanatic wrote
    Lots of more Solomon Kane score samples can be found here:
    http://www.facebook.com/solomonkanethem … amp;ref=nf

Thanks! Like what I hear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    Sounds great! I do hope there will be a release.