• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009 edited
    shocked .... WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    Sounds good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009 edited
    A guy from FSM at Facebook asked about the score CD release at the film's official page, and here's the reply -

"The soundtrack is planned to be released in December, maybe available as download prior to this date."

So there's a CD release! W00T! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    Sounds like an RC action score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Sounds like an RC action score.

Ain´t it cool? punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I listened to Ned Kelly the past weekend and this score amazed me again. I think Badelt just has to find the right pictures and he can compose great music. Beside his electronic loop-driven boring music there is a Badelt with a heart for emotions and composing skills.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    keky wrote
    I listened to Ned Kelly the past weekend and this score amazed me again. I think Badelt just has to find the right pictures and he can compose great music. Beside his electronic loop-driven boring music there is a Badelt with a heart for emotions and composing skills.

Couldn't agree more. Le Petit Nicolas is also lovely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    After hearing some of Le Petit Nicolas I agree. I am really really surprised by this.
    He did more different stuff, but most of it was a longer time ago. His recent work didn't get my attention.

I think it is a good thing for composer when you can do anything. Smaller movies to experiment with and make a completely original score and develop yourself and also bigger movies where you just do something the producer wants and nothing more.

It's the same discussion over and over again and it's just like in art school. Becoming an independent free artist is the best thing you can do (so do some snobbish artists think) and being an illustrator or designer is so-so, because you work for someone else and it's commercial and you're not free to do what you want and yadayadaada. The slave of industry and commercy argument.

Well, there are several reasons to do something like this, for instance to make sure people keep remembering your name, to make some money, because you enjoy the job, whatever. What is wrong with that? Nothing, especially if you get the chance to show different sides of what you can do and you work on different projects you like.

Criticism on the same RC action stuff again is mostly directed to the producers I guess. I really can't blame composers for accepting the job.

Anyway, listen to Le Petit Nicolas everyone and you'll know RC action stuff is not all Klaus Badelt can get out of his pen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote

That is one of the most beautiful music he ever written. Have you also tried his "INVINCIBLE" score with Zimmer? Hard to find but absolutely gorgeous the thin red line-esque melancholic string-driven score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Also, i am intrigued that you waited until LE PETIT NICHOLAS to find out Badelt's diversity...? Haven't you heard THE PLEDGE, RESCUE DAWN, BEAT THE DRUM, THE PLEDGE etc? Le petit Nicholas is pretty fun but not that special, imo. At least nothing so inventive..
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Also, i am intrigued that you waited until LE PETIT NICHOLAS to find out Badelt's diversity...? Haven't you heard THE PLEDGE, RESCUE DAWN, BEAT THE DRUM, THE PLEDGE etc? Le petit Nicholas is pretty fun but not that special, imo. At least nothing so inventive..

You actually mentioned THE PLEDGE twice...that's your idea of versatility? wink

Seriously, though, I thought that was Zimmer's baby?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009 edited
    All Badelt and ZImmer scores are reportedly Badelt's babies in reality, but presented otherwise.

As for repeating myself, sorry, i am just getting over my Horneritis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

Let me add, in his big, symphonic works category, "The Time Machine", "The Promise" and "K-19".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed. Although these are a bit more Zimmer-ish than the diversity we're talking about here wink Also INVINCIBLE is a pretty good score, as mentioned above. And of course Ned Kelly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't care much for Badelt though some of his scores have their moments, particularly Invincible, Ned Kelly ( some John Barry inspired music here methinks ) Rescue Dawn and The Promise.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, i'd say that these along with his invincible score (with Zimmer) are indeed his best works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited
    Scorefanatic wrote
    Marselus wrote
    I´m watching "Solomon Kane" next week, another foreign (France - UK) project scored by Badelt. This one is an action - adventure film, I can´t wait to listen what Badelt has composed.

Ironically, this one is probably his most MV/Remote Control-sounding score since he left the company. People who like this kind of music (in the vein of Pirates or King Arthur) will love score (lots of non-film music people who have seen the movie have commented on the music which is extremely big and prominently mixed in the movie), just don't expect anything too original.

Finally watched "Solomon Kane" this morning, and it is really a RC sounding score: a powerful main theme (with many, many arrangements in the movie), a villain´s standard theme and the usual RC action cues. The epic version of the main theme (specially one with percussion arrangements) is perfectly used (great with the visuals by the way), and the music is mixed really loud and clear. Excellent!

Edit: Klaus Badelt conducted the London Metropolitan Orchestra himself in this score punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Scorefanatic wrote
    Marselus wrote
    I´m watching "Solomon Kane" next week, another foreign (France - UK) project scored by Badelt. This one is an action - adventure film, I can´t wait to listen what Badelt has composed.

Ironically, this one is probably his most MV/Remote Control-sounding score since he left the company. People who like this kind of music (in the vein of Pirates or King Arthur) will love score (lots of non-film music people who have seen the movie have commented on the music which is extremely big and prominently mixed in the movie), just don't expect anything too original.

Finally watched "Solomon Kane" this morning, and it is really a RC sounding score: a powerful main theme (with many, many arrangements in the movie), a villain´s standard theme and the usual RC action cues. The epic version of the main theme (specially one with percussion arrangements) is perfectly used (great with the visuals by the way), and the music is mixed really loud and clear. Excellent!

Edit: Klaus Badelt conducted the London Metropolitan Orchestra himself in this score punk

want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    Who is better composer, Klaus Badelt or Harry Gregson-Williams?

Who do you think? tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    Badelt
  1. Badelt, he surprised me more in the end
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Badelt, hands down. I've never liked Gregson-Williams.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Absolutely Badelt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    Badelt has by far showcased a far more diverse and richer musical palette through the years. His musical work has become increasingly more mature and melodic as years go by and the shadow of the RC/Zimmer colossus slowly fades away off his name.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Who is better composer, Klaus Badelt or Harry Gregson-Williams?

Who do you think? tongue

possibly the most difficult question ever posed
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Who generally makes more sense?
    Nautilus or Sunil?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Kokodezil.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Who generally makes more sense?
    Nautilus or Sunil?

Oh man, that's far too 'Sophie's Choice' for me dizzy