• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Kokodezil.

applause biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Kokodezil.

no...no..noooo!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    FAIL!

Five No's at least D.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Who generally makes more sense?
    Nautilus or Sunil?

Marselus wrote
    Kokodezil.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    I'll repeat that 3 Solomon Kane tracks are up for free & legal download. It's additional music composed by Andrew Raiher and it's quite good, particularly the track "Crucifixion".
    Download Andrew Raiher's Showreel -- (21 tracks - 47.6 MB ZIP)
    (The tracks are included in Raiher's showreel from SMA Talent's website.)

Nautilus wrote
    Who is better composer, Klaus Badelt or Harry Gregson-Williams?
    I used to think Gregson-Williams was amazing for his work on Antz, Chicken Run and that one great action track in Shrek. Then I found out Powell had written all of the tracks I liked out of any of those scores. :P I don't really like Badelt all that much either really, but I haven't listened to Ned Kelly recently and I've never heard Le Petit Nicolas for some reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Feliz wrote
    I'll repeat that 3 Solomon Kane tracks are up for free & legal download. It's additional music composed by Andrew Raiher and it's quite good, particularly the track "Crucifixion".
    Download Andrew Raiher's Showreel -- (21 tracks - 47.6 MB ZIP)
    (The tracks are included in Raiher's showreel from SMA Talent's website.)

Nautilus wrote
    Who is better composer, Klaus Badelt or Harry Gregson-Williams?
    I used to think Gregson-Williams was amazing for his work on Antz, Chicken Run and that one great action track in Shrek. Then I found out Powell had written all of the tracks I liked out of any of those scores. :P I don't really like Badelt all that much either really, but I haven't listened to Ned Kelly recently and I've never heard Le Petit Nicolas for some reason.

F, are you familiar with TMNT, Rescue Dawn, The promise, Beat the Drum, Ned Kelly, k-19: the widowmaker, the time machine and invincible with Zimmer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009 edited
    I've heard all of those except Rescue Dawn, but it's been a few years. I'll admit I'd forgotten about K-19 and Time Machine. Time Machine is undeniably a great score. I never really properly listened to all of Ned Kelly either. Apparently I've been listening to all the wrong albums: Constantine, Poseidon, the Recruit, The Pledge, etc. My basic opinion is that Badelt's personal style has a loads of potential and is in fact better than just about anyone out of the MV factory. His touch on some action tracks is incredible. However, he rarely really puts it together with memorable themes. Now I love some of his scores (Invincible, PotC - PotC being an all time favorite) but I'd always attributed this to Zimmer's thematic contributions + Badelt's style. TMNT was a perfect example of this, in my opinion. A soundtrack that's awesome while you listen, but in the end completely forgettable and something that could've been so much more with more complete and developed themes. Maybe a few relistens (and Solomon Kane) will change my opinions though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009
    The Promise has no forgettable themes.... it is chock-full of pure melodic awesomeness!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I think Klaus is a very thematically inclined composer. He hasn't shown himself to rely solely on meaningless dronings or atonal percussion cues like his former peers at RC. That alone makes him a better composer than them. Though I wouldn't say that he's better than Harry Gregson-Williams. They do score different genres and even wildly different films within the same genres, so I can't really compare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, you can still compare what each of them does for their own genres. At least BADELT is re-inventing whilst HGW remains stationary and with a slowly but steadily decreasing quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, you can still compare what each of them does for their own genres. At least BADELT is re-inventing whilst HGW remains stationary and with a slowly but steadily decreasing quality.

I can't really see Badelt reinventing the genre... Examples?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not the genre, himself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not the genre, himself.

Le Petite Nicholas isn't proof-positive that he's reinventing himself. It could be the case Klaus has always been capable of doing that score, but was never given the chance to, like he alluded to in the video interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    Andy Brown, the head of the London Metropolitan Orchestra, offers a behind-the-scenes look of the recording sessions for The Extra Man. Score by Klaus Badelt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE_aywmM … _embedded#
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I like the music I heard in that video. It's really good that Badelt's working on this kind of movies nowadays. They're the ones where I think he throws in his very own style and not the one he gained from his Media Ventures days.
  1. LMO just recorded his score for a foreign film, by the American name "22 Bullets".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hey, Klaus and I share the same birthday! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote

Love is growing stronger and stronger then! kiss tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregje wrote

I share mine with John Powell! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    And I share mine - which is today - with Joel Goldsmith. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nice! We were predestinated since the very beginning.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    You guys can celebrate sharing your birthday with Klaus Badelt and Joel Goldsmith all you want. I share mine with David Mamet and Winston Churchill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me Goethe, Tolstoy and...Jack Kirby! cheesy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Eat me. I share mine with Marlon Brando.

End.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Eat me. I share mine with Marlon Brando.

Operative term: eat.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bregje wrote

Yep, haha! love wink

I think it's funny because years ago, when I wanted to write a biography for scorereviews, I searched for a birth date but couldn't find it anywhere. And yesterday I saw the birthday and it's June 12th.

That was Anne Frank's birthday too by the way and that's all the people I know!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bregje wrote

Yep, haha! love wink

I think it's funny because years ago, when I wanted to write a biography for scorereviews, I searched for a birth date but couldn't find it anywhere. And yesterday I saw the birthday and it's June 12th.

That was Anne Frank's birthday too by the way and that's all the people I know!

Quite a surprise for you to share the same birthday eh? smile kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    While we are at the birthdays, I share mine with Andre Previn and.......... Butch Cassidy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I share mine with Brahms, Tchaikovsky and Rabindranath Tagore (Nobel prize winning Indian writer and composer of our National Anthem).
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    DemonStar wrote
    I share mine with Brahms, Tchaikovsky and Rabindranath Tagore (Nobel prize winning Indian writer and composer of our National Anthem).

Did you know that Tagore visited Hungary in 1926? He spent some time in a famous sanatorium in Balatonfured. When he recovered he planted a tree at the shore of the lake there. It is today an alley that wears Tagore's name.