• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    Really? Interesting, I didn't know about that. Thanks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    Hey, Klaus and I share the same birthday! cheesy

December 13?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very witty biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Hey, Klaus and I share the same birthday! cheesy

December 13?

I wasn't gonna say... shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Andy Brown, the head of the London Metropolitan Orchestra, offers a behind-the-scenes look of the recording sessions for Shanghai. Score by Klaus Badelt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDuBo7Xi … r_embedded
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I loved it! A very simple but effective melody. Badelt had already proved by The Promise that he can compose wonderful music inspired by Chinese stories so I hope this score will be good too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I like the paths Badelt is taking during the last 5 years, towards more organic, more orchestral, more varied and way less and less RC music. I am looking forward to his future career.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I like the paths Badelt is taking during the last 5 years, towards more organic, more orchestral, more varied and way less and less RC music.

....with some orchestral works in which he returns to his roots smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VOmjbahoYY
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009 edited

Sounds really good. Thx Justin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    Wow. Really good. Is Badelt compensating those years he was below the radars? So many new projects, and everything I hear from him sounds equally good.

It also seems like Badelt's is building some kind of working relationship with the LMO similar to that of Trevor Jones with LSO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thanks. Very Badelt-like piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Beautiful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks Justin!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    Wow, that's a very pretty cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Check out the man at the far left at 2:09. Looks like Ford Thaxton! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    oh
    oh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Check out the man at the far left at 2:09. Looks like Ford Thaxton! biggrin

Doesn't he just!? shocked

BTW, lovely piece of music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorStamper
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009 edited
    Hi Guys,

I met Klaus while making his interview ("The Music from Le Petit Nicolas") last September (watch it here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGV7O1TcqA ).

Klaus is a very nice guy, and is always trying to find concepts for his music (not just writing a theme and arranging it). For exemple, with Le Petit Nicolas, he explained to me he was trying not to make anything "childish", but was more focused on real drama played with small instruments (because the heroes are children - small characters).
    Really interesting talking with him.
    I have an uncut version of the interview, 20 minutes or so, will ask him or his assistant if they are ok to add it to Klaus new website when it is ready.

And I don't think he was below the radar. It looks more like he was trying to do different things, not the same "Big Hollywood score" over and over again. He traveled a lot and worked on several projects around the globe.

Nice to see other Badelt fans here ! smile

See you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Welcome Stamper beer

Personally I'm not a Badelt fan but over the last few years have grown to appreciate him more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Welcome aboard, we are all looking forward to the new score! I've seen the video preview and the music is wonderful!
    • CommentAuthorStamper
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    I watched Solomon Kane recently. The first half of the movie's really nice, but I thought the second half was pretty weak (storywise & actors).

BUT I must admit that Klaus wrote a very good score. Very melodic, some drama cues have a Lord of the Rings vibe to it, and the action is reminiscent of the best action cues from Poseidon. There's a cue that sounded a bit like Batman Begins (you can find it on Klaus assistant Andrew Raiher's showreel, it is called Cloak and Dagger).
    The main theme is very effective, and is developed in many directions (drama, action, despair, heroic...).

I do really hope they will release this one, it deserves a good 45/50 minutes CD !
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, thanks for the heads up!
    • CommentAuthorLars
    you will find 10 tracks on youtube. here is the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUDHGBPXfA4
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Lars wrote
    you will find 10 tracks on youtube. here is the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUDHGBPXfA4

I really liked it, very good indeed!

But....Soloman Kane? How the hell did this film of Robert E. Howard's ( creator of Conan the barbarian ) character get made without me knowing??? dizzy
    • CommentAuthorStamper
    Thanks for the link Lars !
    In fact I already knew those tracks... they are all available on Klaus website : bade.lt

But there are still a lot of highlights missing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    This is one score I really hope gets a release, preferably on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Stamper wrote
    BUT I must admit that Klaus wrote a very good score. Very melodic, some drama cues have a Lord of the Rings vibe to it, and the action is reminiscent of the best action cues from Poseidon. There's a cue that sounded a bit like Batman Begins (you can find it on Klaus assistant Andrew Raiher's showreel, it is called Cloak and Dagger).
    The main theme is very effective, and is developed in many directions (drama, action, despair, heroic...).

Indeed. Very good music (and a lot of it in the film) and, as you say, many variations of the beuatiful main theme. There´s a version of it missing in those tracks at Klaus´web, a very heroic one (the one played right after the fight in the forest).
    • CommentAuthorLars
    klaus has some really promising upcoming projects in the pipeline. it's also interesting that he is often hired for european projects, especially french productions. it's cool, that he is not scoring only hollywood movies. for me some of his best scores aren't hollywood productions for example NED KELLY, WU JI, DRAGON HUNTERS, BEAT THE DRUM, POUR ELLE or LE PETIT NICOLAS (not my filmmusic genre but nevertheless a good and interesting score). i'm really looking forward to his next projects especially SHANGHAI and HEARTBREAKERS (because of the youtube clip)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Although i find LE PETIT NICHOLAS enjoyable but overrated, still his departure from the rc stylings is much-welcome with the gorgeous RESCUE DAWN, the atmospheric ambiance of POUR ELLE, the absolutely beautiful BEAT THE DRUM and THE THIN RED LINE-ish NED KELLY as well as the lyrical and underrated THE PROMISE.

How is DRAGON HUNTERS btw?