• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Although i find LE PETIT NICHOLAS enjoyable but overrated, still his departure from the rc stylings is much-welcome with the gorgeous RESCUE DAWN, the atmospheric ambiance of POUR ELLE, the absolutely beautiful BEAT THE DRUM and THE THIN RED LINE-ish NED KELLY as well as the lyrical and underrated THE PROMISE.

How is DRAGON HUNTERS btw?

you can call it the "little brother of THE PROMISE" because the asian main theme isn't that majestic nevertheless absolutely beautiful and the action music is RCP music but not that bombastic. there is also a really nice "travelling-friendship" theme for the main characters. it's a very good adventure score. the movie is also very good. i didn't expect that after watching the trailer. i think you will like the score.
    • CommentAuthorStamper
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    Dragon Hunters is one of my personal favorites from Klaus !

When I first watched the movie I didn't paid much attention to the themes because there isn't any "big" anthem as one would expect. But in fact, when watching the movie again, I noticed how the themes worked.
    There's really the same "Klaus' touch" as heard in TMNT or The Promise, but in a funnier, more orchestral way.
    There's an inventive use of chinese and indian instruments, and an overall "adventure" feel ; Klaus seemed really inspired with this score. Action cues are big and full of energy (not exactly the energy from Pirates, but in a more percussive and orchestral way) and there are some really brillant moments with solo instruments on top of the orchestra.

I really see this score (in its construction and feeling) as a darker "Shrek" with world instruments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice. Is there a release for this?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Listened to the sample tracks from Solomon Kane and I'm really hoping that there's some sort of release for this score as I really enjoyed what I heard.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And SHANGHAI must be really good too, along with that HEARTBREAKERS score too.
    • CommentAuthorStamper
    Unfortunately Christodoulides, there is no OST nor Promo score for Dragon Hunters...
    And since the movie is already 2 years old and not very well known, I doubt a score release will ever find its way.

I hope that Solomon Kane, Shanghai, Heartbreakers and The Extra Man will be eventually released on CDs !
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Listened to the sample tracks from Solomon Kane and I'm really hoping that there's some sort of release for this score as I really enjoyed what I heard.

A Klaus rarity for me as I want it too!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Listened to the sample tracks from Solomon Kane and I'm really hoping that there's some sort of release for this score as I really enjoyed what I heard.

A Klaus rarity for me as I want it too!

biggrin

Yeah right! And the UK will have the coldest snap of weather in almost 30 yea..wait!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    biggrin applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    SOLOMON KANE

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Incredibly sounding, grand and masculine, this is an intelligent and organic take on Zimmer's KING ARTHUR. Impressive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It might be a more intelligent and organic take on King Arthur, but it's nowhere near as fun in my opinion. I might give it another chance one day, but I can't say I'm in a hurry to hear it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it's more offbeat and melancholic and DAMN King Arthur is FUN! The two together make for a very impressive and fun mix however, mixing Zimmer's unintelligent and raw / ballsy action, with Badelt's more sensitive writing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    SOLOMON KANE

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Incredibly sounding, grand and masculine, this is an intelligent and organic take on Zimmer's KING ARTHUR. Impressive.

I talked about it months ago after watching the movie angry I said almost thre same as you. Badelt´s own King Arthur.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    SOLOMON KANE

I talked about it months ago after watching the movie angry I said almost thre same as you. Badelt´s own King Arthur.

Is the movie any good my friend?I hear it's pretty bad but i am a sucker for this kind of movies / music.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    SOLOMON KANE

Maybe because it hasn't had a proper release yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Is the movie any good my friend?I hear it's pretty bad but i am a sucker for this kind of movies / music.

I enjoyed it. Not a film I´d eagerly recommend but it is a nice fantasy / adventure film with a strong main character, some well executed action set pieces and a pretty enjoyable B movie touch. Don´t expect huge battles, elaborated script or top notch CGI though. The music is wall to wall and provides drama and epic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    SOLOMON KANE

I hate King Arthur but I liked what I heard of this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    The music is wall to wall and provides drama and epic.

That's been more than enough for me in many cases in the past smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    SOLOMON KANE

I hate King Arthur but I liked what I heard of this score.

They're not really similar, i didn't say that. It sounds however, like what King Arthur could have, had Badelt been assigned to it; at least in my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    I'm really eager to see this one get a score release. Klaus said there will be one... but when? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    SOLOMON KANE

Why isn't anyone talking about this?

I'm not talking about it because I found it really rather boring, despite a few decent ideas in there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    Looks like a new album by Klaus is set to be released on March 22, L'Immortel - http://musique.fnac.com/a2823383/Bande- … amp;Ra=-28

cool
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010
    an new score by klaus

L' Arnacoeur (download only)

here are soundclips

http://www.amazon.com/Arnacoeur-Origina … amp;sr=8-1

the piano parts sound really good and i also like the song (both versions). the track "carjacking" rocks, TMNT-style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He couldn't be any farer from his RC roots than now...he's proven he can do so much more. I am glad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Seems that working on european, asian and smaller films has been good for him in the last years.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010
    here you can listen to the full album

http://www.tunecore.com/music/labelzero
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010
    Klaus Badelt is offerering "L'Arnacoeur" for free download (or name your price, but that includes free) at his online store! smile - store.klausbadelt.com/

What a guy! You can also order a CD version from his website.

It's a nice little score. The funk tracks do get a little repetitive, but some tracks are quite nice: Love Theme, Near Kiss, Rapprochement and the excellent Carjacking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010
    What a nice gesture indeed! Thanks for the heads up beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    Klaus' entire score to the just-released German action-adventure TV movie "Die Jagd nach der Heiligen Lanze" ("The Lance") consisting of 47 tracks is now available to download at the above mentioned site now - http://store.klausbadelt.com

cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    DemonStar wrote
    "Die Jagd nach der Heiligen Lanze" ("The Lance")

Wow, that's an abreviation!