• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    All the same in the end, isn't it? Same people writing the music - just a different person getting the name on the cover. Or am I wrong?

perhaps, but I do know that some of Badelt's scores are now favourites of mine, while other 'same' MV composers haven't made me a favourite yet of any of their work

I doubt that's the case. Badelt has written some really good stuff whilst the other names' outcome is virtually unlistenable.

yep, I wish to hear more from him, September Dawn was a really nice surprise and the temp track Ultraviolet cool no matter what
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    I hope this Solomon Kane will be interesting.

http://www.lmo.co.uk/?page=news&id=127
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    All the same in the end, isn't it? Same people writing the music - just a different person getting the name on the cover. Or am I wrong?

perhaps, but I do know that some of Badelt's scores are now favourites of mine, while other 'same' MV composers haven't made me a favourite yet of any of their work

I doubt that's the case. Badelt has written some really good stuff whilst the other names' outcome is virtually unlistenable.

yep, I wish to hear more from him, September Dawn was a really nice surprise and the temp track Ultraviolet cool no matter what

Rescue Dawn, not September Dawn - that one was scored by William Ross
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

Frack, you're right, I meant Rescue Dawn
    Didn't hear September Dawn, but heard it was good
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

Frack, you're right, I meant Rescue Dawn

Good? It's bloody beautiful! If you can say that shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    Klaus is the new composer on "Shanghai" (and the third to be attached to the movie...)

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … nghai.html

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Interesting project for Klaus. Would love to hear what he does.
  4. Being the third composer on the project doesn't bode well for it though...
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Good? It's bloody beautiful! If you can say that shocked

Word! If I´ve had enough of The Village for a day or two, I play this.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Anyone know whats happened to Klaus Badelt the last few years? He kinda peaked with Pirates (at least when it comes to popularity) and then it's been all downhill from there. I haven't heard much of his latest scores. Maybe there's some good ones, but come on: Starship Troopers 3 and The Scorpion King 2. What's going on with him? There's nothing wrong with scoring smaller films or doing work in Europa, or maybe he's doing other things (producing or making music for other things than movies)

Is he still working with the MV/RC guys or has he left?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009 edited
    I think so...regardless, TMNT was awesome...
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009 edited
    But unfortunately not released publicly. Well... there were a few minutes of it on the official soundtrack, but not nearly enough for film score fans like ourselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    The promo is awesome though. Really fun score!
  6. Ranietz wrote
    Anyone know whats happened to Klaus Badelt the last few years? He kinda peaked with Pirates (at least when it comes to popularity) and then it's been all downhill from there. I haven't heard much of his latest scores. Maybe there's some good ones, but come on: Starship Troopers 3 and The Scorpion King 2. What's going on with him? There's nothing wrong with scoring smaller films or doing work in Europa, or maybe he's doing other things (producing or making music for other things than movies)

Klaus's a much better composer than people give him credit for, but sadly sometimes he needs to sound RC like, just to amuse the producers shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Ranietz wrote

Klaus is still there I believe.

I always thought he must have been a bit annoyed when Zimmer went public saying that he only gave Badelt credit for POTC because he was contractually forbidden from claiming the credit himself.

When he appeared on my radar for the first time with The Pledge, I thought he might have a real future ahead of him. That one was so grown-up and intelligent compared with most RC output. But sadly he quickly had all the good stuff removed from him by that horrible, horrible destroyer of talent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Southall wrote
    Ranietz wrote

No he has left the MV/RC compound and is working in his own studio facility called Wunderhorn Music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Dom wrote
    Southall wrote
    Ranietz wrote

No he has left the MV/RC compound and is working in his own studio facility called Wunderhorn Music.

Do you know when? I did think it was odd that we hadn't seen his name around.

After Powell and Gregson-Williams left, they continued to be attached to very high-profile films - but Badelt seems to have disappeared off the radar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I heard Klaus left RC after a quarrel and lawsuit with Zimmer over music credits in Gladiator. Allegedly he co-composed the score but got only an "additional music" credit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    I heard Klaus left RC after a quarrel and lawsuit with Zimmer over music credits in Gladiator. Allegedly he co-composed the score but got only an "additional music" credit.

Ummm, link to the source of this rumor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Interesting. And hopefully not libelous...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'll look for the link and post it. It's a rumour I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009
    DemonStar wrote

Exactly what I had suspected...sigh...poor Klaus...

Now if only I could know what happened between the big Z and Mark Mancina, or Nick Glennie-Smith...
  7. Nick Glennie-Smith? He's still conducting for Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Klaus left MV/RC around 2005 after the movie Constantine which was the last movie he has mixed etc. at MV.

There was no lawsuit - he still mentions Zimmer in the booklets from time to time. Badelt got Rescue Dawn through Zimmer who left the project due to schedule conflicts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah, I haven't been able to find the supposed article about the lawsuit, and no other info is to be found. Thankfully it seems to be just a rumour after all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    Yeah, I haven't been able to find the supposed article about the lawsuit, and no other info is to be found. Thankfully it seems to be just a rumour after all.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    BTW, one can find a video of the 3D show THE BUBBLE (see above) that Klaus has recently scored on youtube.

Have a look:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wEgnCBhqvw
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    Dom wrote
    BTW, one can find a video of the 3D show THE BUBBLE (see above) that Klaus has recently scored on youtube.

Have a look:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wEgnCBhqvw

Sounds good. Sounds like bits of TMNT and The Promise and something else that I'm not recognizing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009
    That looks great too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2009
    Le Petit Nicolas

1. Un Drôle De Sujet De Rédaction (7:42)
    2. Générique (2:46)
    3. Mord Aux Prof... (1:14)
    4. La Roulette (0:58)
    5. Les Filles C'Est Pas Intéressant (1:00)
    6. Papa Et Maman Se Disputent Souvent (1:43)
    7. 3 Francs La Rose (3:02)
    8. Un Jeu Drôlement Compliqué (1:40)
    9. Une Balade En Forêt (1:21)
    10. Le Spectacle (1:11)
    11. Je Vais Avoir Un Petit Frère! (1:09)
    12. Ménage (1:19)
    13. Gangster-A-Louer (1:08)
    14. Et En Plus, C'Est Un Sale Cafard! (1:11)
    15. Potion Magic (3:50)
    16. Rivalités Fraternelles (2:05)
    17. Rolls Folle (3:58)
    18. Neuf Mois (2:04)
    19. On Dirait Un Poivron Confit (1:02)

Length : 40'23

Cover: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/images/ … p;sr=301-1

Audioclips: http://www.amazon.fr/Le-Petit-Nicolas/d … p;sr=301-1