• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. ... try as I might, I just can't get myself to love the classic Barry Bond scores. shame

It's not the romance themes, which are justifiably unparalleled, but the action music that kills them for me. I should be rocking along, but I just don't groove with it... it nearly always sounds a bit slow.

Sorry Timmer, but I'll take an 'Africa Rundown' from David Arnold, or a 'Waterloo' from John Powell, or a '100 Mile Dash' by Michael Giacchino over an original Barry 'Ski Chase' any day. I've tried to be good, but I can't fight who I am.

This is strange, as I love Barry in drama scoring mode for films like DANCES WITH WOLVES and THE LAST VALLEY. dizzy
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wow, I had no idea there was another one out there. As you know, I feel the same way, as attested by the infamous FSM thread of mine called "Losing my Bond virginity" at:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=1

I have no nostalgic connection to these films, as I did not grow up with them. Also, Barry's action music has always felt out-of-place to me. Hence....no connection to the pre-Arnold Bonds whatsoever.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Southall wrote
    Ouch. You wound me.

LOL. Didn't realise you had put a review of GOLDFINGER on your website today!
    To be honest, what prompted this today was listening through large swathes of DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE for the latest 'Guess the Score' game. And I do enjoy the various love themes. As with Thor, these scores cannot ride the nostalgia wave with me - had I checked in at a younger age, I'd be gushing about an indelible impression rather than little-to-no impression.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Ouch. You wound me.

LOL. Didn't realise you had put a review of GOLDFINGER on your website today!
    To be honest, what prompted this today was listening through large swathes of DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE for the latest 'Guess the Score' game. And I do enjoy the various love themes. As with Thor, these scores cannot ride the nostalgia wave with me - had I checked in at a younger age, I'd be gushing about an indelible impression rather than little-to-no impression.

I'm not wounded!

To each they're own cool

Just carry on enjoying those parts of the Barry Bond scores you do like Michael.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. franz_conrad wrote
    ... try as I might, I just can't get myself to love the classic Barry Bond scores. shame

I know. Those allegations* of steroid use has tainted the man's big hitting numbers! wink

*I'm not sure where things are up to in the MLB investigations.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    ... try as I might, I just can't get myself to love the classic Barry Bond scores. shame

I know. Those allegations* of steroid use has tainted the man's big hitting numbers! wink

Huh?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Huh?

Barry Bonds is an American baseball player who is baseball's all-time home run hitter and is currently in trouble for allegedly lying to a federal grand jury when he denied using performance enhancing drugs.

When I see people talking about John Barry's Bond movies I can't help but think of Barry Bonds.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    In that case Falk, that's was one very fine joke. punk I'm sure I would have rolled on the floor laughing had I been interested in sports.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Do you remember rugby player Barry John, Alan?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

ROFL!!!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    Alan, that's the best joke of the year so far!
  5. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Do you remember rugby player Barry John, Alan?

Only very vaguely. shame
  6. Southall wrote
    Alan, that's the best joke of the year so far!

Why, I thank you!