• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hey All,

The Thing is probably my second favourite film (after Jaws). It has a great trailer, and i love the music in it, that obviously isn't from the film.

Just wondered if anyone knew what the music was or who did it that appears in THE THING trailer .

I've been wondering for years and just can't find anything about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35JDJLa9ec

If anyone knows anything i'd really appreciate it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2015
    I have no idea, but I love the film (as I'm sure do most of us)!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I was so disappointed when i remember hearing you say the Norwegian spoken in it was basically a bit gibberish! smile I have Swedish family friends and a Danish friend, and i like the accents from round your way, Thor. It was one of the decent aspects of the not great and totally unnecessary sequel (loose remake).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2015
    Yeah, it was rubbish. But we've become accustomed to that by now -- Norwegian in Hollywood films are often portrayed like that. I also remember an episode of X-FILES, where they're supposed to be onboard a ship outside Trondheim, I think -- and the "Norwegian actor" warbles something barely intelligible. I've never understood why they just didn't hire Norwegian actors to do that stuff (like they did in the THE THING remake -- which I'm one of the few persons in the world who actually liked!). Guess they think nobody notices anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. the remake would have been better with the original effects they made for it rather than that woeful cgi thing at the end that genuinely made me laugh a bit. It had it's heart in the right place at least, i felt, rather than just being a cash-grab. i preferred an earlier version of the script that i'd read. Despite everyone saying the actors were indistinguishable, i thought they were all clearly defined. I think the worst character was the English guy who was simply there to be a bit suspicious.
  4. Nope, no idea about the music used in the trailer.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2015
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Nope, no idea about the music used in the trailer.

Me neither. Sorry!

Great, great film. Hated, hated the prequel.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I quite liked the prequel.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I quite liked the prequel.

Your ability at stealing another users identity is most impressive Thor. I salute you!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bombast, I have tinnitus, Giacchino sucks, I'm listening to the original album of course, fuk off.
  5. Your humour suffers from tinnitus, too. tongue
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hey! angry Thor can be funny. When he's drunk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No way. I'm extremely serious.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Steven wrote
    Bombast, I have tinnitus, Giacchino sucks, I'm listening to the original album of course, fuk off.

You forgot "audio-visual".
  7. I'd love to see how bad the "Nauls box-thing" effects were. It's the one time i'd love to see every out-take and variety of scene they filmed, as they edited and changed the script so much. I was hoping the sequel was going to somehow steal and adapt the 'ski-mobile versus thing-dog chase' out of the original script, that also resulted in Bennings' original on-screen death.