• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015
    Hello everyone,

It looks like I might be going to England before the end of the year. I will be going for roughly 10 days. I am not sure exactly when but the range can be from the start of September to the end of October. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any film music events going on in that time frame.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  1. Can you specify the region that you are going to visit? Or do you plan a tour all over the place?

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2015
    Perhaps start with at least a few days London, and then some region like Bristol/Bath/Stonehenge/Cotswalds, or Cornwall/Devon/Exmoor, or cliff of Dover en such. Depending on what you want of course. A trip to see everything in short bits, or a trip where you have the time to explore.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015
    The above is pretty much what I'll be doing from the 24th of August. Can't wait!
    Followed by France, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands and back through Singapore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015 edited
    You take The Netherlands but not Belgium? What a grave mistake! shocked wink The food, the beer, the cosyness, the festivals, the amazing cities, ...
    Kazoo
  2. Where will you be in Germany?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    After England and France I'll be visiting Gengenbach (Black Forest), Cochem (Rhine), Cologne then Bruges (Belgium) then Amsterdam and Rotterdam (to see 'The Theater Experience' prog rock musical).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015 edited
    Aah, okay! Great trip!

If there's one thing that you should do in Bruges is get up very early one day and explore the center by foot. It's still calm then, before the hordes of tourists come in by buses, before the canal boats make noise. At this time, Bruges is at its most beautiful.

Another visit I recommend is the Halve Maan brewery, right in the center. They do tours every hour in several languages, and I think it is one of the better brewery visits you can do in Belgium (and very accessible). It's also one of the few family brewers in Belgium. smile Thor and Cristian loved it.
    http://www.halvemaan.be/en/brewery-visit

And if possible, we perhaps can meet so that I can give you a MainTitles kazoo. Or not!

Also, I think Cochem (which is a very nice town, albeit busy), is along the Mosel river. If you can, visit the town of Beilstein when you're there, by bike. It's absolutely lovely.

(Sorry for going off topic Kevin!)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Great information Bregt. Very much appreciated!
    I hope to explore these places for sure. I'm traveling with my wife and another couple who I'm sure would love to experience all these places and things.
    And I'd love to meet up. To receive a MainTitles kazoo would be the greatest honor! beer

(Sorry for helping going off topic Kevin!)
  3. Cochem is beautiful. About two hours by car from where I live.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Ah, okay Captain. Nice!
  4. i second visiting Bruges, it's really great! wish i could get back there. There's a Grimbergen Blonde beer that's immense. The Groeninge Museum there had Bosch paintings when i was there years ago, but not sure of that was permanent or temporary, but i'm sure they'll have something worth checking out. Tons of lovely places to eat and have a drink in and the place looks ace!
  5. Well, if you're coming to the UK I suppose London is a "must" go to place. Depending on what you're used to, I would recommend not staying too long there.

Cambridge is a lovely visit to go and seen. Bristol and the surrounding countryside are beautiful.
    Further Noth you've got Nottingham (famous for Robin Hood). Even further up there's The Peak District (including the beautiful Chatsworth House ground) where parts of Pride & Prejudice were filmed. York is a classic place; or you could opt for 'modern classics' like Liverpool and Manchester.

And to the person travelling to The Netherlands... Rotterdam?! Are you sure? Utrecht is nicer, as is Maastricht.

If anyone is near Belgium in October... it's film festival/WSA time!!

Happy travels to all!!!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2015
    I'm only in Rotterdam for one night to see a concert ('The Theater Equation', from the Ayreon album 'The Human Equation' by Arjen Lucassen). It's because of this concert the whole five week trip came about!
    And Pete, I'm Randal from Australia. I still have some of your early albums from way back you sent me. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2015
    Bregt wrote
    Aah, okay! Great trip!

If there's one thing that you should do in Bruges is get up very early one day and explore the center by foot. It's still calm then, before the hordes of tourists come in by buses, before the canal boats make noise. At this time, Bruges is at its most beautiful.

Another visit I recommend is the Halve Maan brewery, right in the center. They do tours every hour in several languages, and I think it is one of the better brewery visits you can do in Belgium (and very accessible). It's also one of the few family brewers in Belgium. smile Thor and Cristian loved it.
    http://www.halvemaan.be/en/brewery-visit

And if possible, we perhaps can meet so that I can give you a MainTitles kazoo. Or not!

Also, I think Cochem (which is a very nice town, albeit busy), is along the Mosel river. If you can, visit the town of Beilstein when you're there, by bike. It's absolutely lovely.

(Sorry for going off topic Kevin!)

I'll be staying in Bruges around the third week of September. So if there is any chance to meet up (depending on how busy our touring gets) I'll do it. If the coveted kazoo is a possibility I'm in!