• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008
    Don't like to be a prick but "i told ya so" wink kiss

Other than that, it seems to have played out really well for everyone else apart me; minor detail
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008 edited
    Drat! I'm having a hard time keeping track of the scores...

Southall 40 points http://i30.tinypic.com/xms94p.jpg
    franz_conrad 40 points shocked
    Thor 34 points cool
    plindboe 31 points wave
    FalkirkBairn 30 points
    Tommy_Boy 24 points
    Timmer 19 points biggrin
    Bregt 12 points
    BobdH 8 points
    Demetris 7 points wave

Demetris dude, ego & bias is more than enough.
  1. Thor?! 32 points?! What's going on there?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Don't like to be a prick but "i told ya so" wink kiss

Hell, I'll be a prick: TOLD YA SO! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thor?! 32 points?! What's going on there?

34 is more like it. Sometimes all a person needs is a little nudge in the right direction wink
  2. Good luck to the high-flyers! I'm bowing out - I never did have enough stamina for the final straight to the finish line.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. BhelPuri wrote

A tie breaker is coming soon! smile

I'm happy if someone else want to play James for the crown, but I only got to 40 on the very generous clues provided and about 15 guess submissions. I'm not worthy to play the master. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    You know what! I'm too swamped to make another clip and keep tally of guesses for it. So no tiebreaker. Southall wins with just 2 tries. beer
  4. BTW James - if you don't have time to get a new game together for the weekend, I have a spare one that can tide us over another week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thanks for the offer. I hope to be able to put mine together on Friday but may not have time to finish it, so that would be good. I haven't thought of a suitable theme yet, hopefully one will somehow manifest itself in the next couple of days!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    A couple of folks make a late surge...

Southall 40 points http://i30.tinypic.com/xms94p.jpg
    franz_conrad 40 points http://i30.tinypic.com/xms94p.jpg
    Thor 40 points http://i30.tinypic.com/xms94p.jpg

plindboe 34 points spin
    FalkirkBairn 30 points
    Tommy_Boy 24 points
    Timmer 19 points biggrin
    Bregt 12 points
    BobdH 8 points
    Demetris 7 points wave

I'll post the answers on Saturday night (USA time). You can send in your guesses until then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    YEAH, MAN!! I RULE!!! biggrin

Seriously, these are the reasons I scored so high this time:

1. NO TRACK TITLES! This gave me an added incentive to do some research through composer filmographies and such. This is FUN research, though, unlike putting on a CD and waiting for the excerpted music to arrive, and then looking what track title you're in.
    2. BHELPURI'S CLUES! The majority of the tracks were guessed ONLY through his clues, not because I recognized the music.
    3. MULTIPLE GUESSES! This isn't like a pub quiz where your replies are carved in stone once you deliver your paper. You get to guess as many times as you want.
    4. LOGIC AND DEDUCTION.

...and one other reason I'll wait to tell untill it's over.

If more quizzes are like this, maybe I'll get my quiz self-esteem back!! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I WANT TRACKTITLES AGAIN. cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    More poeple join Southall with 40/40, Tommy_Boy makes a killing and is very close to giving them company. And a warm welcome to NunoM for a splendid start!

http://i30.tinypic.com/xms94p.jpg
    Southall, franz_conrad, Thor, FalkirkBairn 40 points
    plindboe 34 points
    Tommy_Boy 33 points
    cool
    Timmer, NunoM 19 points spin
    Bregt 12 points
    Demetris 9 points
    BobdH 8 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bp, what the fudge do you mean "figure out the ego and bias" ?! I am only in for the fun as i already told you and fun is the only thing i get from these games! I am currently studying my ass off for the exams and i can't figure out more precise guesses to send in......what do you mean exactly here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bp, what do you mean "figure out the ego and bias" ?! I am only in for the fun as i already told you and fun is the only thing i get from these games! I am currently studying my ass off for the exams and i can't figure out more precise guesses to send in......what do you mean exactly here?

Hey, I was only telling that it was the hint for #2 and not a comment at you (which is what I thought happened based on your earlier response to it). Take it easy, man and good luck for the exams!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh sorry then, i apologize! I am deeply stressed and with virtually very little sleep these days 'cause of the hellish exam on Friday and i took this very wrong. Please override what i said shame angelic kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Kill those exams! kill
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh sorry then, i apologize! I am deeply stressed and with virtually very little sleep these days 'cause of the hellish exam on Friday and i took this very wrong. Please override what i said shame angelic kiss

Are you an android then? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    You'll understand his hint, Demetris, when you hear the answers. wink

I had an exam last friday so I can sympatize. Of course I took the lazy way out, I returned a blank paper and left after 15 minutes, so I can take the re-exam in 4 months time. I'm sure I'll be pissed at myself in 4 months time when I'm studying frantically for that one. But for now I can sit back and relax.

Peter smile
  5. Thor wrote
    Seriously, these are the reasons I scored so high this time:

Always good to hear the insights of a champion player. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    The next time I make a game I'll be a real bastard. People will only be allowed 2 guesses, and I don't plan to do a theme either. The risk is that no one will want to play the game, and I'll be forced to declare myself the winner.

Peter cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    plindboe wrote
    I had an exam last friday so I can sympatize. Of course I took the lazy way out, I returned a blank paper and left after 15 minutes, so I can take the re-exam in 4 months time. I'm sure I'll be pissed at myself in 4 months time when I'm studying frantically for that one. But for now I can sit back and relax.

Why do you do that. I never understood that. sad

Perhaps I'm too nerdy when it comes to studying, but believe me, I'm always just right on time and almost never do something bforehand without the pressure of exams.

The list op people to kill, gets longer every hour.
    Stop sending in your answers! angry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Why do you do that. I never understood that. sad

Perhaps I'm too nerdy when it comes to studying, but believe me, I'm always just right on time and almost never do something bforehand without the pressure of exams.

Well I strive for high grades but I'm lazy too, a strange combination, but that's the explanation. I'm sure I could have passed the friday exam, but I've skipped too much stuff during the semester so I wouldn't have gotten a very good grade, and therefore I'd rather wait.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    You'll understand his hint, Demetris, when you hear the answers. wink

I KNOW! And I am going to SHOOT myself 'cause there are more scores in BP's game i KNOW i have and can't remember right now! Damn dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    The next time I make a game I'll be a real bastard. People will only be allowed 2 guesses, and I don't plan to do a theme either. The risk is that no one will want to play the game, and I'll be forced to declare myself the winner.

Peter cool

I think 2 GUESSES and that's it! Great idea Pete, I'll back that. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter cool

I think 2 GUESSES and that's it! Great idea Pete, I'll back that. cool

Whoah! That's a lot of stuff for the person hosting the game to keep track of. I started keeping count of the number of correct answers for each clip/composer this time but after 2 days it just became unmanageable.
  6. It would be hard to keep track of the number of guesses of EACH CLIP. It would be easier to say each person could only submit two rounds of guesses overall. But I wouldn't support that myself.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    It would be hard to keep track of the number of guesses of EACH CLIP. It would be easier to say each person could only submit two rounds of guesses overall. But I wouldn't support that myself.

I DO support that.

Even though in the past there's games I won over at the old board from multiple guessing.

I mean, come on, if it were a proper quiz you wouldn't even get a SECOND chance after submitting your answers? I think two guesses and that's it. Perfect!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. I don't think it's a bad idea. I just think, having recently run the game though, it would have to be 2 SETS OF GUESSES. Otherwise the poor operator of the game could find themselves struggling to keep track of the scores, as Bhel has related above.