• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2007
    I just wanted to let you know that i already set my homepage to http://www.maintitles.net/forum (was scorereviews.com/forum for 4 years now). biggrin

What do you have set as web browser home pages?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2007 edited
    currently a belgian news site

but perhaps in the future, this one biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You............mean...............you..........didn't...........actually..............have......scorereviews..all this......time..?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    shame

That is mostly because when I am at school, I have to use my browser now and then, and when scorereviews would be my homepage, it would load the site, the cookies and time checks, causing the next time I use the browser,to actually check new posts, it would not show all newest posts but only the ones since i last opened my browser (which would then be in a lesson or so).

I have a Firefox toolbar full of quicklinks and bookmarks, and the scorereviewsbutton is the one that is used the most. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    shame

That is mostly because when I am at school, I have to use my browser now and then, and when scorereviews would be my homepage, it would load the site, the cookies and time checks, causing the next time I use the browser,to actually check new posts, it would not show all newest posts but only the ones since i last opened my browser (which would then be in a lesson or so).

I have a Firefox toolbar full of quicklinks and bookmarks, and the scorereviewsbutton is the one that is used the most. wink

Ok. I can understand that smile wink angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Google. And it's gonna stay that way. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Google. And it's gonna stay that way. smile

Interesting. And where do you start off in google.com, let's say when you open the browser for the first time in the day or the afternoon? Do you go up to the address bar and instantly type something else or do you go the 'search and learn about a new stuff every day' route, as soon as you open the browser wink smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Generally when I first open a browser, it's to look up something specific. That still is 90% of my daily internet routine, hence Google. When I'm not doing that, I just click down the address bar and go to scorereviews or any of the news sites I frequent. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So! That's how you get the knowledge eh? hehe. I would love it if i had the time (and willing) to do that all the time wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yah...except I don't think finding specific storage requirements for different Oracle database versions on HP platforms as opposed to Windows Storage Server as a solution yields much in the way of interesting academic conversation... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    heheh cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007
    MSN Homepage which I have customized to give me weather, sports, stock market, movie data, and new e-mails from my hotmail account. There are also some key articles from the NY Times. Its kind of a start to my day as opposed to reading the newspaper which I no longer do on a daily basis.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007
    Tom, i did that too once with iGoogle. I customized it to have namedays, gmail extension, weather in Thessaloniki, Main news from the world, Main news from Greece, and a big shiny Clock with date and time plus of course the traditional search field by google.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    I use Google.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    Timmer wrote
    I use Google.

So, do you go the Martijn approach of the knowledge or do you directly go and type a site that comes in mind in the address bar? I like to ask 'cause i could never have a search engine as my homepage in the browser! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    I have had the scorereviews first page for many years now, but I suspect it will be this site sometime very soon. smile
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I use Google.

So, do you go the Martijn approach of the knowledge or do you directly go and type a site that comes in mind in the address bar? I like to ask 'cause i could never have a search engine as my homepage in the browser! smile

I use Google as well. It's the quickest to load and it just seems appropriate because Google is the portal to all websites. The forum is my first bookmark though, with Forum 2.0 (wink) and Amazon just after.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Manwe wrote
    I have had the scorereviews first page for many years now, but I suspect it will be this site sometime very soon. smile

Same here. And it has just changed today!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Google.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I did have the general forum page of scorereviews.com as my home page at home but now I have maintitles.net (but I do miss the layout of the forum page from SR.com).

My Opera Speed Dial sites are:

Orange UK (for e-mail)
    soundtrackcollector.com
    FSM messageboard
    Screen Archives Entertainment
    BBC News front page
    MyGenres.com
    MovieMusic.com messageboard
    Movie Music UK messageboard
    + 1 spare
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Alan, I hope yu get used to it.
    Is it the categories index you miss? smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I'm still keeping www.filmscore.be as my homepage cheesy
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    I'm surprised to see that nobody else has imdb.com as their homepage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why would anyone have that? Don't tell me "to find out about new composer assignments" biggrin
  2. Bregt wrote

I can't remember what it was called!!

I think that's what it was. I found it a really helpful snapshot summary of what had been happening since the last time I had visited the site.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    No, no, but I'm there all the time keeping myself updated with all the new movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote

I think that's what it was. I found it a really helpful snapshot summary of what had been happening since the last time I had visited the site.

Now you have that too right? Just click the "New Discussions" button on the panel, below the Categories box. it show all discussions with new posts. smile
    Kazoo
  3. Not really what I was looking for. It's just a list of all that's new.

I still have to go through all the categories individually to see what's new category by category.

But thanks for the quick response.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote

"New posts in the last 24 hours" is what you mean, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008
    Wyatt wrote
    I'm surprised to see that nobody else has imdb.com as their homepage.

Why would you have that set as your homepage? Do you seriously browse movie info all day long? smile tongue