• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    Looking for some info on this score please smile

Raising Arizona [Carter Burwell]
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    For the Coens' next film, Raising Arizona, a darkly goofy kidnapping-themed comic vehicle for Nicolas Cage and Holly Hunter, Burwell veered bravely into the ozone, mixing heavily Gothic organ, soaring sopranos, bluegrass banjo, whistlers, synths, yodelers, and samples of what sounds like a tin can being kicked down the longest hill in the world into a delightfully heady farrago that recalls Morricone at his most mischievous.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Arizona-B … amp;sr=1-1
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks!
  1. Lakeshore Records is releasing his score to "In Burges".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    I hope this movie shows the great sights, culture and building of one of Belgians most beautiful cities. Looking forward to the score as well, Burwell always dilivers something remarkable.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    IN BRUGES

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8769
  2. Burwel has listed on his Works-In-Progress page a new score:

"Twilight" (Catherine Hardwicke film)

Also, for a few months he's had "Where the Wild Things Are", and "Burn After Reading" -- which now has two cues up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    Yeap, it's on upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com as well

Carter Burwell: Twilight

Carter Burwell has just finished work on his new film with the Coen Brothers, Burn After Reading, and is now scoring Twilight, the upcoming teen vampire film directed by eclectic production designer-turned-filmmaker Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen, Lords of Dogtown, The Nativity Story).

More at:
    http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … light.html
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeap, it's on upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com as well

Carter Burwell: Twilight

Carter Burwell has just finished work on his new film with the Coen Brothers, Burn After Reading, and is now scoring Twilight, the upcoming teen vampire film directed by eclectic production designer-turned-filmmaker Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen, Lords of Dogtown, The Nativity Story).

More at:
    http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … light.html

Hmn, could be interesting
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    I got a copy of Burn After Reading and while the film has some interest, the listen of the music didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I'll let it go at that for awhile.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    BURN AFTER READING

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10380
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008 edited
    IMHO, I think Burn After Reading is one of the best scores of the year! BTW Tom, the score isn't suppose to give you a "warm, and fuzzy feeling." Burwell gave this off beat and witty comedy and dead serious score and it worked wonderfully in the film and plays extremely well on CD.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I'm really looking forward to Twilight, I love Burwell's style and I'm really curious how he's going to score this interesting and cool looking project

Hope a CD release comes out of it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008
    I'm also hoping the Twilight score will be a good one since Burwell has a knack for composing lovely melodies when he has the opportunity.

Even though I read all the books, the film is still looking iffy to me based on the trailers.

Twilight score album info:

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Score-Or … amp;sr=8-2
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008
    Thanks, me too. IN BRUGES was the most beautiful thing i've heard this year.
  5. ah nice to know a score will be available as well, I assumed it would be lost due to the song release with only one score track
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks, me too. IN BRUGES was the most beautiful thing i've heard this year.

Anyone seen the film?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeap, me. Loved it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    yeap, me. Loved it.

I'll chek it out.

Tonight I'll be watching The Kingdom and The Happening.

And now back to Carter Burwell. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Tonight I'll be watching The Kingdom

Let us know what you think of that. I feel it's another film that doesn't quite know what it wants to be. Quite frankly the ending is the best part. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote

Let us know what you think of that. I feel it's another film that doesn't quite know what it wants to be. Quite frankly the ending is the best part. wink

Will do.....in the Recent Viewing thread wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    I wanted to watch that like forever but never came around to actually doing it; any good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote

The last 30 minutes are a master class of action unleashed. The film, overall, is ok. The revelation in the final scene is quite shocking though.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You liked the score in it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    The truth is I don´t remember the score in the movie, I mean, I forgot it when the movie ended (not Elfman´s greatest fan though).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a very bad score, no matter if you're an Elfman fan or not, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008 edited
    Haha, maybe that´s why I don´t remember a single piece of music from this film. Watch it anyway D, it´s a good thriller with an spectacular ending.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Haha, maybe that´s why I don´t remember a single piece of music from this film. Watch it anyway D, it´s a good thriller with an spectacular ending.

It's a watchable enough film, no real heart to it though and yeah, an action packed last 30 minutes.

Final verdict? Forgettable.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's a very bad score, no matter if you're an Elfman fan or not, imo.

From what I noticed it worked fine in the film though I can't imagine it being an enjoyable album!?