• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008 edited
    The original Varese release doesn't do this score justice. I know, its not one of Goldsmith's best, but still. If you listen to the Varese release you will think its pretty boring. But actually the score has some wonderful and quite exciting stuff, with that exciting "Small Soldiers sound". I wonder why they couldn't piece together a more interesting half hour on that cd, because that was definetely possible, for there many interesting tracks available. (I heard the expanded version) Was this Goldsmith's choice? Any thoughts?

ps. Debney's LAIR!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    I know what you mean. The Varese cd was lacking in that there were a few short cues on the expanded release that are far more interesting than some of the ones chosen on the official release.........which you basicly stated anyway. Was it Mr. Goldsmith's choice? Maybe.
    Sometimes I think his taste in his own music differs from mine judging by the short albums he produced.
    For many years I'd watch films he scored and ask "why did'nt that cue appear on the album?".
    That's why I love my expanded or complete releases!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    THE SHADOW!!!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Talos wrote
    THE SHADOW!!!

Agreed. Someone should really release a complete version of this wonderful score. Great thematic materials.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Agreed. "Excetuitve Decision" is among one of the best, most badass millitary scores of the 90's.
  1. It's definitely a fun listen, a lot more going on than US Marshals which had only one theme, and repeated over and over. Ex. Decision has that cool action sound only Goldsmith could do and he sure made the film damn more exciting because of it. 'All Aboard' is just insanely addictive, I love it!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.