• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. No thread yet, but there has to be one now, simply alone for the thundering Creed score
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2015
    Everyone's raving about that -- even my colleagues in the film magazine -- but again I'm the odd one out. Didn't do much for me, except a track or two. Still, I'll keep my eye out for Göransson -- a talent to be reckoned with.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Everyone's raving about that -- even my colleagues in the film magazine -- but again I'm the odd one out. Didn't do much for me, except a track or two. Still, I'll keep my eye out for Göransson -- a talent to be reckoned with.

It's definitely not Rocky IV (which I enjoyed too). I love it because it uses the strengths of Conti's music and inserts his own style to it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Thor wrote

Sorry Thor, you don't have the luxury of being "special" this time - I don't think much of this either.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2015
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Sorry Thor, you don't have the luxury of being "special" this time - I don't think much of this either.

Damn! There goes my "odd man out" bonus.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2020
    I saw TENET, what an insane movie. it's Inception on steroids. It broke my brain. Fantastic stuff, a movie which you can still discuss days or weeks after.

Ludwig's music was part of the sound design to me, and I think some of it is played backwards too. Especially the opening scene is memorable, it pumps the adrenaline into the theatre, very loud and merciless.
    Kazoo
  4. I've finished watching THE MANDALORIAN recently and I have to admit that I enjoyed Göransson's music. Yes it's a lot different from the usual Star Wars music but I thought that it fitted the show really well. And it managed to be symphonic when it needed to be.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Absorbing TENET soundtrack. I’m a little nostalgic for Hans.
    I think the trick is the soundtrack is all concept/kineticism and a bit low on finding a convincing way to get emotion out of the idea of sounds that work pallindromically. (How unlike the film? wink )
    There is a solid 20 minutes of stuff in there that will make your driving extra dangerous, but man, what you’d give for a melody to form out of the time ostinati and just pull it to a close.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  6. Try Posterity. It does have a decent melody, even if taken directly from Hans' Dark Phoenix.

The Protagonist is a really cool cue and perhaps the most original of them all in terms of style. Stuff like The Betrayal disappointed me as it strongly takes after material like Paradox from Inception. But it's not a bad score. I just think it will get a warmer reception because a certain name is not attached to it.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2020 edited
    As I've said elsewhere, there was really only cue that I really liked -- the one for the sailing sequences that was kinda broad and Vangelis-like. I don't know if it's on the soundtrack, but it should be, since it's like a million minutes long. I've received a digital promo and will try to skim through it.

By the way, I wrote a review of the film after I saw it last week. It's in Norwegian, but can be Google translated for those interested:

https://montages.no/2020/08/spinnvill-s … ans-tenet/

[By the way, someone please update the thread with CAPS!]
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2020
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2020
    What is remarkable is the for now, short, but witty, return of franz_conrad.

May I be the first to congratulate him on his return.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. And for TENET, of all things.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    These are unprecedented times and such things call for cool heads.
  7. It wasn’t me actually. I’ve read this wondering if an inverted future me typed it backwards.

wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am