• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    If someone can find a bigger one I'll welcome that! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    A bigger change of mood than Silence - AVP:R?
    That would be probably Silence - Third World War
    tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited
    NP: SONGS FROM STEVEN SPIELBERG'S ANIMANIACS

Zany to the max dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Film Works | Joel McNeely

I've been listening to this one a lot over the past week, and I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! As this is a promo, it positively screams "pick me, pick me!"... and if *I* were a producer, I'd certainly pick Mr. McNeely!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What kind of tracks are on it? I LOVE his score to The Avengers. Is any of his stuff similar to that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOEL MCNEELY - FILM WORKS

CD 1

01. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (12:40)
    02. Polly (Overture) (02:41)
    03. Gold Diggers: Secret Of Bear Mountain (10:29)
    04. The Avengers (06:01)
    05. Lover´s Prayer (07:18)
    06. Squanto (04:06)
    07. Shadows Of The Empire (10:47)
    08. Iron Will (10:38)

CD 2

01. Sally Hemmings (05:00)
    02. Virus (10:10)
    03. Samantha (End Credits) (04:01)
    04. Air Force One (additional music) (06:50)
    05. Flipper (08:29)
    06. Terminal Velocity (07:16)
    07. Return To Neverland (09:46)
    08. Wild America (11:07)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I've been listening to Joel McNeely's scores for The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Vols 1-4

Wonderful stuff!

Phantom Train Of Doom is a classic! However, he very clearly rips sections from Hook, The Last Crusade and The Sea Hawk in this one. Nontheless a fun musical trip.

German East Africa / The Congo is beautiful too!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Now I know what I need to get! That looks like a great introduction to a lot of McNeely's music! cheesy Is it all big orchestral music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Now I know what I need to get! That looks like a great introduction to a lot of McNeely's music! cheesy Is it all big orchestral music?

Certainly is! Full of old school movie magic ala Williams, Broughton et al.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Atham wrote

Phantom Train Of Doom is a classic! However, he very clearly rips sections from Hook, The Last Crusade and The Sea Hawk in this one. Nontheless a fun musical trip.

biggrin

It's so blatant! As much as I enjoyed it, I did chuckle a little.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    E.S.POSTHUMUS - Cartographer (2CD on shuffle / random order)

What a gorgeous couple of CD's, filled with immensely enjoyable and deeply melodic music! Loving this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    VANGELIS - El Greco

Soothing, beautifully calming and sacred-colored music for this movie by Vangelis, crowned by the wonderful choral (main theme).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    E.S.POSTHUMUS - Cartographer (2CD on shuffle / random order)

What a gorgeous couple of CD's, filled with immensely enjoyable and deeply melodic music! Loving this.

I've got about the same feeling about this as I've got with Unearthed: I like it, it sounds 'cool', but strictly on a superficial lever. It's... empty, somehow. I don't get any emotional satisfaction out of it, but it's good background listening nonetheless, be it just a tad 'more of the same' after their first album smile (and I'm talking only about disc 2, I don't care for the Celine Dion-ey ballads of disc 1 wink).

Christodoulides wrote
    VANGELIS - El Greco

Soothing, beautifully calming and sacred-colored music for this movie by Vangelis, crowned by the wonderful choral (main theme).

With you all the way on this one! punk
  1. NP: Star Trek: Enterprise - Canamar - Brian Tyler

Vintage Tyler, served up in nice bite-sized portions.

Knock him all you want, but what he does, he does very well.

James... punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Trek: Enterprise - Canamar - Brian Tyler

See, I didn't think does what he does very well... that why I knock him.

tongue

Again, some of his early work is really good... but as of late, except for AVP:2, it's be pretty underwhelming.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Trek: Enterprise - Canamar - Brian Tyler

James... punk

Totally, completely agree!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    NP - Nothing!

For the first time in ages I've been enjoying silence. shocked Hopefully my mood will switch and I can return to AVPR.

Not the only one...

NP : nothing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Lost Season 2 (Giacchino)

I want to hear more from Ben's theme, specially the dramatic version from Season 3.

Lost season 2, how I said, it's richer, darker and more complex than season 1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Jumper (powell)

Probably one of the worst (or less good) powells scores ever.

The problem is not this score doesn't use the theme very much , the problem is powell rythms,wich makes his scores really memorables, are uninspireds and not very cohesives.

I think powell really focused in his other 2 projects.

(And for the director...Now you see what I said long time ago: an overrated director. Give me the other bourne director any day..)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    (And for the director...Now you see what I said long time ago: an overrated director. Give me the other bourne director any day..)

Well... he used to be good... rolleyes In his Swingers and Go! days. But, alas, he allowed himself to get swept away by Hollywood, indulged himself in big budget movies sad Mr. & Mrs. Smith started out fine, but stretched it too much, and somewhere in the middle, Liman become a commercial, uninteresting director, which he now proves with Jumper (though I'm only basing this on the reviews and what I saw of the trailers).
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    NP: At World's End (Hans Zimmer)

The more i listen to it, the less i like it. So i'm stopping there. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    msia2k75 wrote
    NP: At World's End (Hans Zimmer)

The more i listen to it, the less i like it. So i'm stopping there. slant

Ouch, burn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    NP: JUMPER - John Powell

My guess is people are way too eager to put the "drone" label upon a score as soon as they hear electronics overbearing the orchestra. If you look at the film Powell had to work with, I think he did an excellent job in creating a sounddesign that would fit. Especially the electronic-heavy moments are great, while the score wanders a bit uncertain in the middle. Haven't heard the full of it yet, but its mostly the part where the organic instruments come in, that it falls into familair territory. As written for the film, though, this isn't bad at all.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : 8 MM - Mychael Danna

I like this score but only in small doses, 3 - 4 tracks will do. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE PROMISE - Klaus Badelt

Again, I can't digest all of this but it's an enjoyable score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CHINATOWN - Jerry Goldsmith

Brilliant! Love every bit of this including the few 'period' tracks cool
  2. NP: New Captain Scarlet - Crispin Merrell

On the back of seeing a thread over at the FSM messageboards I thought that I'd pop this in the player (well, nowadays, it's accessing the appropriate folder).

Merrell's "re-imagining" of Gerry Anderson's universe is certainly a product of the times, and doesn't really bear any relation to Gray's original (except, I suppose that Gray's music is also an offshoot of that particular era). But it definitely fits in with what Anderson wanted.

Merrell's music for the Alton Towers attraction The Hex is worth listening to - I love it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je8EpMjd … re=related
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer | Tom Twyker, Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil

Pretty much a perfect score. I should think it deserves a 5 star rating?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Steven wrote
    Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer | Tom Twyker, Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil

Pretty much a perfect score. I should think it deserves a 5 star rating?

I agree with Steven. It's a rich, multi-textured score that really fires my rockets! Love it!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    NP: Cassandra Crossing - Jerry Goldsmith

Have had this for a while, but haven't given it a proper listen in some time. What's there to say about it - it's Goldsmith thriller-action music, and it's good stuff! The pop-influenced main theme is quite memorable, too. Yeah, I like it a lot.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.