• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote
    NP: 10,000BC - Harald Kloser and Thomas "Wander"

Surprisingly enjoyable! Very generic, but not bad at all.

Exactly what I think about it. The End Credits track is one of those I can be playing for hours.

I haven't listened to the entire score yet but from the very little i have *up to track 4 that is* i particularly enjoyed "passage of time", i think it's a very good piece. Looking forward to hear the rest as well.

That´s a good track too. The best IMO, along with "Spoken Truth", "A Leader Comes" and it´s heroic reprise in the "End Credits" piece.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Sweet, i'll give a listen pretty soon!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Spellbound - Miklos Rozsa

This is the stunning Intrada recording. A smooth, relaxing, classy, gorgeous score. And while that theme gets a generous working from start to finish it never gets on my nerves. I welcome its return with open "ears" every time it decides to pop up. The theremin is GREAT (I could of used more of it in mix) and the epic track "The Awakening/Love Scene/The Dressing Gown/The Imposter/The Cigarette Chase" is a brilliant piece of musical storytelling. What a great re-recording and a fabulous score that doesn't get much talk around this part of the internet.

-Erik-

Marvelous album. Top score from the Australian contingent. wink

NP: I am Legend (Newton Howard)

Also today: The Conversation (David Shire), Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Goldsmith), Total Recall (Goldsmith).
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Quest For A Heart - Tuomas Kantelinen

I just came across this over at CDBaby - http://cdbaby.com/cd/tuomas4 - and immediately snapped it up!

In a way it's quite unlike anything that has been available from Tuomas so far. There's a quirkiness that you'd expect from an animated story and there are several grand action sequences - e.g., "Fire". (Not sure about the cues that have "Wacky" in the title though!!)

Great to hear something different from his usual assignments.

btw by "quirkiness" you mean oddly dark or something or standard mickey-mousing?

Sorry, Demetris, for being so vague. I meant the mickey-mousing.

NP: "Around The World, Part 1" - Around The World In 80 Days - Victor Young
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. NP: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - James Horner

My favourite action scoring for the Star Trek movie franchise is contained on this CD. Playing at the moment is "Kirk's Explosive Reply" which, together with "Surprise Attack", makes me so glad that I got into this kind of music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - James Horner

My favourite action scoring for the Star Trek movie franchise is contained on this CD. Playing at the moment is "Kirk's Explosive Reply" which, together with "Surprise Attack", makes me so glad that I got into this kind of music.

I couldn't agree more! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    VANTAGE POINT | atli örvarsson

rolleyes sleep

Dear god.

this score = Spy Game + The Sentinel + Man on Fire + Déja Vu + crap

While the first 2 scores I mention are quite good, this one is just boring. Guitars like Man on Fire, hard electronics like Deja Vu, inspiration as usual, ... I hadn't much anticipation for this one anyway (unlike some others hre, I hope to have killed that! :p), but seeing this as a debut is just sad. And a stupid, silly theme.

Vintage pointless actionscoring.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    " + crap " biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    One cue sounded like Narnia. I didn't like it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote

LOL! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote

LOL! biggrin

Killed me too!

Vintage pointless actionscoring? eh!? dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. NP: Corner Stone Cues: Air Lyndhurst - various

Some neat stuff here. Is the music on this disc a selection of trailer music?

http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=4378
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    Edit: Never mind.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TESS - Philippe Sarde

Utterly gorgeous! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE RUSSIA HOUSE - Jerry Goldsmith

Why oh why have I neglected this wonderful score for so long!? shame

I've had this since it was released and I've hardly played it, why? Beats me!?

Thanks to a clip of this in a recent game I've remedied that situation cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Planet Earth.

Is that a threat? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just tried to get through Beltrami's latest, THE EYE. Unfortunately. the modern day horror sound just doesn't interest me anymore. Same old shit! Sooooooo... I've moved on to...

NP: The Classic Miklos Rozsa Film Music - Miklos Rozsa
    The Nuremberg Symphony Orchestra conducted by Elmer Bernstein

Most of this, if not all of this album is available on the 3CD Miklos Rozsa compilation Varese released last year. What I'm playing is the original album that was just sent to me by a very good friend of mine. The CD contains just over 70 minutes of music from El Cid, The Story of Three Loves, Quo Vadis, The Lost Weekend, Plymouth Adventure, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Ben-Hur, The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, King of Kings and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. I'm not too familiar with the original recordings of all this scores so I'm not sure how Bernstien's conducting holds up but I can tell you that the CD sounds wonderful, The Nuremberg Symphony do an adequate job of performing the music and for a Rozsa sampler this is one of the best I've heard.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Just tried to get through Beltrami's latest, THE EYE. Unfortunately. the modern day horror sound just doesn't interest me anymore. Same old shit! Sooooooo... I've moved on to...

I didn't know that one had been released. Though your description of it doesn't make it sound too inspiring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Planet Earth.

Is that a threat? wink

That depends on what you make of it.

NP: The Star Wars Symphonic Suite (arr. Southall)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I didn't know that one had been released. Though your description of it doesn't make it sound too inspiring.

I just wasn't in the mood. I've been spoiling myself with classic scores by Herrmann, Rozsa, Bax, and Williams for the past three days so when I hear something like THE EYE it really doesn't stand a chance of keeping my attention.

-Erik-

PS - The Eye was released thru iTunes early.
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    VANTAGE POINT | atli örvarsson

rolleyes sleep

Dear god.

Agree. What an average (to say the least) action score. Boring, veeeery boring.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    " + crap " biggrin

Nonono...

" = crap " biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    " + crap " biggrin

Nonono...

" = crap " biggrin

moon tongue
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    NP : PETULIA - John Barry

Finishing and g'night sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I have been listening to Two Brothers again this morning, because I saw the movie. Some beautiful melodies in there and nice instruments. The parts that weren't my favourites are now certainly better understood after seeing the movie! (must be the circus scenes, makes sense!). Goodnight Story is still my favourite track.

NP a selection of National Treasure with Finding Charlotte, Declaration of Independence and Treasure.

Up next: the GTS game. Haven't tried yet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:My own End Credits compilation

A new hope end Credits (revenge of the sith)
    Finale and End credits (Temple of Doom)
    FIrst Contact End Credits
    KIng Richard
    I'll Stay (Rambo III)
    It's only Gold
    The Mummy returns
    Independece day Credits
    The Lat Stand
    Closing titles (Stargate)
    My family is my life (Legend of the Zorro)
    At world's End Credits (film version, with the hoist the colours waltz mixed loudest)
    Dead Man's Chest Credits (film version)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I Know who Killed Me - McNeely

Wow!!! cool cool cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Atham wrote
    I Know who Killed Me - McNeely

Wow!!! cool cool cool