• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008
    Sorry! dizzy

I did say when it comes to Tyler's scores I don't like a long album, and I also said 'in most cases I do prefer a longer album'. So there... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Windtalkers | James Horner

Underrated. Yeah, you heard. tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    no. Fire bloody Tyler, I say. He admitted to liking longer albums himself. The underscore works decently, you aren't disturbed in anyway by Crossing into Burma or Searching for the Missionaries.

Fire him? I thought you admitted liking the score in the movie, Rambo, and that is actually a good score that suffers from editing on CD; yeah, right.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. What I'm talking about is that Tyler himself is responsible for the album editing, because he likes it. I guess he is the album's producer.

The other possibility is what HGW told about Spy Game regretting the length of that album, because Decca pushed him to prepare it too early, so he couldn't think of the sequencing to his liking, then Lakeshore (not sure of the label) demanded to put the album in pieces too early and he couldn't sequence it to his liking. BTW, this is the full score as written for film, I think. with the Rambo Theme track being an unnecessary suite that sounds like the Main and End Titles, though not unnecessary maybe...

Anyway, I meant that it's Tyler's fault, so no sound editor is to blame here
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ok, that'd do it wink

n.p. ILAN ESHKERI - Hannibal Rising

Kick ass, underrated thriller score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : HOOK - John Williams

Jaws
    Jaws 2
    Star Wars
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return Of The Jedi
    Empire Of The Sun
    Close Encounters Of The 3rd Kind
    The Fury
    Jane Eyre
    Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    Temple Of Doom
    The Last Crusade
    Dracula
    Monsignor
    The Towering Inferno
    The Witches Of Eastwick
    E.T.
    Revenge Of The Sith
    The Phantom Menace
    A.I.
    War Of The Worlds
    Nixon
    JFK

oooopppppsssss! I've gone over 20 cool wink

Some good choices, but to say these are more listenable or better I'm not sure off, ah well as long as we remain friends eh tongue

Some "good choices?" shocked

wink beer

With that I mean not all wink
    About half of them are indeed true classics, others enjoyable and very fine scores, but to say Hook doesn't belong in that list is an insult, angry its my most enjoyable Williams score cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I DO think HOOK is a good score.......just NOT in MY top 20 or so!

It's all a matter of opinion and nothing more wink

Shall we drink to that?

beer cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    I DO think HOOK is a good score.......just NOT in MY top 20 or so!

It's all a matter of opinion and nothing more wink

Shall we drink to that?

beer cool

Haha, of course we drink to that, as long as its not alcohol wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Rocketeer | James Horner

I'm in a very Horny mood at the moment. This satisfies me quite nicely.

Oh, and in your endo. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Rocketeer | James Horner

I'm in a very Horny mood at the moment. This satisfies me quite nicely.

Oh, and in your endo. wink

Not in my endo ta! tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    "The Monument" from Logan's Run.

I've listened to this a lot lately. Nobody writes film music like this any more. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

I've listened to this a lot lately. Nobody writes film music like this any more. sad

I can't remember the name of the track but Goldsmith revisits some of that 'sound' in The 13th Warrior.

The Monument is indeed a fabulous track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Definitely, Maybe - Clint Mansell

Very laid-back easy listening, with a touching piano-driven main theme that is slightly less cliched than the typical romantic comedy theme. Scribe liketh.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote

Well..If you like Logan's run, You can listen every music for every GameBoy game biggrin

NP:Days Of thunder (Zimmer) - First Born Records -

It is the reason why im here making this stupid jokes...
  4. Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

Well..If you like Logan's run, You can listen every music for every GameBoy game biggrin

I don't think anyone listening to DAYS OF THUNDER can make jokes about Jerry Goldsmith. (Note: 'The Monument' is one of the score's full orchestral setpieces.) tongue

NP: Lust, Caution (Desplat)

One of the best romantic thriller scores ever written. Well and truly on the level of some of Herrmann's great efforts in the genre.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. NP: Youth without Youth (Golijov)

I can do without the two traditional source cues, and 'Rudolf's Suicide', but apart from that, this is a serious, hypnotic film score. The emphasis on languid passages for strings, harp and light percussion would probably scare off anyone who doesn't like Herrmann in dramatic mode, though this score is considerably unique in feel.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008
    edit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

NP:Days Of thunder (Zimmer) - First Born Records -

It is the reason why im here making this stupid jokes...

GameBoy music?

Jerry invented this wayyyyy back in the mid 70's eh? rolleyes

You obviously don't know this score Jordi, it's full of great orchestral pieces!

Days Of Thunder?.....not a good joke really!

Stupid? Yep, ya got that right!! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The music for Mario rules! punk tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Leviathan | Jerry Goldsmith

I've had this one in iTunes for ages, but never bothered to listen to it until a couple of days ago. It's a lot better than I thought, with some very interesting and genuinely exciting action tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Yesterday I listened to Mystery of the Nile and Perfume! punk

NP Perfume on repeat again. It's so excellent and perfect for the movie too, while not very complicated or original at all. I hope people understand this the way I mean it. It is a brilliant score!

By the way, does anyone else hear an e-mail coming in in Outlook as well, in Laura's Murder at 0:46? biggrin
    On my first listen I really thought I had mail!! (it depends on the selected sound I guess, but isn't TU-dum the standard one for receiving a message?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Leviathan | Jerry Goldsmith

I've had this one in iTunes for ages, but never bothered to listen to it until a couple of days ago. It's a lot better than I thought, with some very interesting and genuinely exciting action tracks.

Yeah, it's not bad at all and I love the main title cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    Yesterday I listened to Mystery of the Nile and Perfume! punk

NP Perfume on repeat again. It's so excellent and perfect for the movie too, while not very complicated or original at all. I hope people understand this the way I mean it. It is a brilliant score!

By the way, does anyone else hear an e-mail coming in in Outlook as well, in Laura's Murder at 0:46? biggrin
    On my first listen I really thought I had mail!!

I think it's quite original? Then again, I don't listen to European composed scores very often.

Absolutely great score, over the past months it's become a firm favourite of mine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    I think it's quite original? Then again, I don't listen to European composed scores very often.

Absolutely great score, over the past months it's become a firm favourite of mine!

Hm, yeah, not sure how to explain what I mean with unoriginal... when I first heard it it was as if either it was already existing music or that I already knew it, or something like that?

Oh Steven, you should really check out Laura's Murder at 0:46, I'm curious if you hear it too!
    TU-dum, you've got mail.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    Steven wrote

Hm, yeah, not sure how to explain what I mean with unoriginal... when I first heard it it was as if either it was already existing music or that I already knew it, or something like that?

Oh Steven, you should really check out Laura's Murder at 0:46, I'm curious if you hear it too!
    TU-dum, you've got mail.
    wink

I checked, but I can't say that it sounds like I have mail? dizzy Maybe I have different sound effects for my incoming mail.
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    I was cross-country skiing and I just came home. The weather was great, a bit cloudy and the temperature was about -2 °C. Altogether I have skied over 50 kilometers this winter. Now it's time to relax and listen some film music.

NP: Veronica Guerin - Harry Gregson-Williams

My second favourite score by Mr. Gregson-Williams (Sinbad is my favourite). I love the Irish music so I like the tracks Driving and Conversations a lot. Bad News is also a truly amazing track (1:29-2:55 kiss ) and I also like the Funeral song sung by Sinéad O'Connor.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STARSHIP TROOPERS - Basil Poledouris

A little prompt from Bregje on another thread made me play this biggrin

F*****g Brilliant! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Annnd?

Is it a french horn? confused

Seriously I wouldn't know, sounds brassy though. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregje wrote
    Annnd?

Is it a french horn? confused

Seriously I wouldn't know, sounds brassy though. smile

I haven't listened to the theme is quiet some time... must remedy that today... but I think you are hearing low trombones, tuba and trumpets.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Christopher Lennertz kick is still going with me!

Been playing Warhawk, Gun, MOH: Rising Sun, Humanoids From The Deep and Saint Sinner.

All a good listen. Especially Gun and Warhawk.

I've not yet heard his music for Supernatural. That'll be next.