• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008
    ^ Really? I was playing the game at a friend´s home yesterday and I didn´t notice nothing specially great. Maybe I should check it out more carefully?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008
    Well it's basically new material based on the already existing LOST scores; it doesn't have any difference as far as quality is concerned when compared to the former in fact and it's pretty damn enjoyable, like listening to the score of - say - another season of LOST the tv show. Some pieces are VERY good in fact, like the Main Theme for example that opens the 'album'. If you're a LOST junkie like me, it's the perfect fix wink

How's the game btw?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    ^ Really? I was playing the game at a friend´s home yesterday and I didn´t notice nothing specially great. Maybe I should check it out more carefully?

Not..nothing special. The same sound, some little motifs, but without any new theme or any theme from the show.

NP:MOH:Underground

The darkest score in the series (Airborne doesn't count because it changes the whole sound from this franchise)

My favourite MOH score.

Wich Nazi's theme is best? The last Crusade or the MOH series ?

Panzer blockade rules! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well it's basically new material based on the already existing LOST scores; it doesn't have any difference as far as quality is concerned when compared to the former in fact and it's pretty damn enjoyable, like listening to the score of - say - another season of LOST the tv show. Some pieces are VERY good in fact, like the Main Theme for example that opens the 'album'. If you're a LOST junkie like me, it's the perfect fix wink

How's the game btw?

If you´re a "Lost" fan, it´s nice. All the main characters are there (you can´t play with any of them though, obviously), the scenarios are EXACTLY like we´ve seen in the show (yesterday we were locked in the hatch, with the countdown beeping!) and it´s quite entertaining going through the beach talking with Hurley, Sawyer, Sayid, kate, etc.....oh, and being shot by the ohers in the jungle it´s also a good point wink
    Not a must have IMO, but for "Lost" fans a very enjoyable experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    NP: Signs - James Newton Howard

A masterpiece in my own honest and possibly biased opinion.

cool

Great 'making of the music' featurette too, for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdZbcnCxLKA
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Troy fills your bill?

Actually I might give it a listen. A fine album.

I think it's very good too.....just not as good as Yared's.

Absolutely. I like Horner's score because it's a Horner score, I like Yared's because it's friggin awesome.

Prisoner of Azkaban | John Williams

...ahhhhhhhhhh, so good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:MOH:Underground[/b]

The darkest score in the series (Airborne doesn't count because it changes the whole sound from this franchise)

But it's still a MOH game so MOH: Airborne does absolutely count.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Troy fills your bill?

Absolutely. I like Horner's score because it's a Horner score, I like Yared's because it's friggin awesome.

...ahhhhhhhhhh, so good.

Weird! I was sooooo close to putting that on just now but went for.....

NP : STAR WARS EPISODE III : REVENGE OF THE SITH - John Williams

....instead! cool wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LSH wrote
    NP: Signs - James Newton Howard

A masterpiece in my own honest and possibly biased opinion.

cool

Great 'making of the music' featurette too, for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdZbcnCxLKA

I'm with ya there. This decade's finest score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Troy fills your bill?

...ahhhhhhhhhh, so good.

Weird! I was sooooo close to putting that on just now but went for.....

NP : STAR WARS EPISODE III : REVENGE OF THE SITH - John Williams

....instead! cool wink

The complete score (minus a few dodgy cuts, but easily overcome with a bit of editing and adding tracks from the official album) is amazing, more representation of the original themes.
  1. NP: The Golden Compass - Alexandre Desplat

My first listen so maybe this isn't my final word on this score, but I'm not sure I'll come back to this one soon. I just didn't find the majority of this CD very interesting.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Superman - "Blue Box" Collection - Williams, Thorne, Courage & Jones

Arrived today. I've spent 3 hours listening to various sections.

All I can say is IT'S STUNNING!

The original 1978 version never sounded so good! Just beautiful.

Even Superman 2 sounds impressive for the first time!

Superman 4 by Williams & Alexander Courage is an exciting release filled with color and great musical highlights. So much to digest though!

I'm yet to hear Superman 3 and the animated music.

The Book is very nice indeed. So much to read on the supject of all this music.

I've been waiting for decades for some of this so its a dream come true!

I know there are a few here have no interest in this release but I think it was money well spent.

I love it! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:MOH:Underground[/b]

But it's still a MOH game so MOH: Airborne does absolutely count.

-Erik-

But you can agree with me the thematic approach and the orchestrations are enterely new...righ?

NP:Mask of The Zorro

Im in love....Oh....My heart jumps when I say this shame And im In return.Finally! A hot girl, with more studies than me, and with a better car....(but..she still likes Salsa...dammed!).

I told to this girl "I want to spend the lifetime loving you" is my song for her (Yeah, instead Harald Kloser music eehehe).

So...this is the right moment to play "the confession" and " diego's goodbye".

Ok...Enough of romantic things...

"leave no witnesses" Still one of horner's finest action pieces, And IMHO a little bit better than the over thematic "the train".
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

And how the girl who im in love with is latin,

Hic haec hoc!

Apparently having slightly overindulged on ancient Roman wine?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

And how the girl who im in love with is latin,

Hic haec hoc!

Apparently having slightly overindulged on ancient Roman wine?

I didn't understand if Southall said something good or bad...I can't understand this expressions.
    sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Medal Of Honor - Giacchino

I do believe my opinion has changed. Frontline is now top of my MOH list opposed to the original.

Does anyone know what happenned with ''The Halftrack Chase''? It looks like the level was cut from the final game, but the cue is used in a just as appropriate level in MOH Allied Assault Spearhead...???
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Film Music Of Ron Goodwin | BBC Philharmonic / Rumon Gamba

I'm so proud to be British! biggrin

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Rumon Gamba

Því miður, ég tala ekki íslensku.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Rumon Gamba

Því miður, ég tala ekki íslensku.

Translation?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sorry, I don't speak Icelandic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...nevertheless, I'm still proud to be British. slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7287984.stm

A day off work to celebrate Britishness? Ok. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Okay, not that proud.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    For a day off I think I can bring myself to ''be proud'', but that whole ''alliegence to the Queen'' is bull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

I do believe my opinion has changed. Frontline is now top of my MOH list opposed to the original.

Frontline is the most complex, rich and epic.

But I have problems with this Boy choir dramatic tracks (too cold for my ears) and with so many Williams-esque in the action tracks.

Underground is my favourite,with MOH being very close.

NP: At world's End

Sorry , Im not very original.

But Im so addicted to:

the What shall we die for-I don't think Now is the best time-One day-Drink Up me hearties-Hoist the colours suite.

COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Listen the dramatica variation of Beckett's theme in "i dont think.." is like a meeting with an old friend. This peacemaker trumpets,choral elements and strings. I wonder how Zimmer creates this powerfull crescendos.

Im afraid Zimmer will not do something like that never again...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's a shame Giacchino doesn't use a choir more often. He hasn't used it any of his film scores if I recall correctly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    ^ The new Star Trek movie is his chance to compose his first big FILM score (and to use more choir). I´m really looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    It's a shame Giacchino doesn't use a choir more often. He hasn't used it any of his film scores if I recall correctly.

He doesn't need it mate; the strings' section is his choir wink Listen to "eye open" from LOST VIA DOMUS wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

He doesn't need it mate; the strings' section is his choir wink Listen to "eye open" from LOST VIA DOMUS wink

Yes, the freaky string stuff is a more than adequate replacement. I'm just wondering what he could produce if he used both in conjunction. And what would we get if he added some woodwinds to Lost?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    ^ The new Star Trek movie is his chance to compose his first big FILM score (and to use more choir). I´m really looking forward to it.

And 110 players on M:I3 wasn't BIG enough for ya? wink

-Erik-