• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    There's another theme (Whoville's?) that seems like it's based off the ''aliens'' theme from Happy Feet.

I knew I knew that one!

Anthony wrote
    And have you detected Magneto's theme for the Kangaroo? tongue

Damn you´re right, it´s like a funny variation on Magneto´s Theme!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    In one track near the beginning (I think it might be ''Saved'') it's played on the strings and it sounds near-identical.

On another note, the end of Mountain Chase = bloody epic. That's got to be one of the standout scenes in the film too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    In one track near the beginning (I think it might be ''Saved'') it's played on the strings and it sounds near-identical.

On another note, the end of Mountain Chase = bloody epic. That's got to be one of the standout scenes in the film too.

And one of the standouts cues of 2008.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wish they'd kept the main title cue in its entirity. Cutting it into 3 tracks when it's one (not even that big) cue seems a little stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yep I´ve always found stupid this kind of decisions. I´d really like to know why they keep doing it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And what's with no gaps between tracks? Immediatly going onto the next leaves no breathing room (but it does keep you listening). confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    And what's with no gaps between tracks? Immediatly going onto the next leaves no breathing room (but it does keep you listening). confused

Well I like that. If there´s something more disturbing that a cut track is cut tracks with gaps between. I can´t stand it crazy At least with Horton there are no gaps.
    "JoJo Saves The Day" is amazing, almost epic proportions. Is a track that can make me watch the film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Heh, the iTunes copy of this will be fun....you'll have a couple of 2 second pauses in the first 3 tracks. tongue

What I mean is letting the track finish completly and then having a couple of seconds of silence before the next one starts. With this it's like ''and this track has finished..but we're not going to stop''.

It doesn't let you appreciate the track that's been playing before throwing the next one at you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Horton Hears A Who! - John Powell

I'm so glad this turned out as well as it did. ''The Bridge Work'' is so addictive. punk

Yeah! Powell is back with his original, inventive, orchestral approach to animated films.

Indeed. Have you noticed that every single theme in it is based off his previous scores?

I only noticed Robots and Ice Age themes here...

Do you think is it done intentionally by Powell? Or an "accient"?

Mountain Chase male choral are directly taken from one track from Zimmer's Toys.

NP:Horton Hears the Who (powell)

Im so glad to hear this inventive and epic powell...and More being heard the whole idead in Ubeda.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    We heard this in Ubeda? When!? Or are you refering to his talk?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

Of course...his influences with the music. It's great to hear where all the music he showed in Ubeda is reflected in the final score.

beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Of course...his influences with the music. It's great to hear where all the music he showed in Ubeda is reflected in the final score.

beer

I certainly hear Who Framed Roger Rabbit in there, but Beyonce...I don't think so... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

beer

I certainly hear Who Framed Roger Rabbit in there, but Beyonce...I don't think so... tongue

But all those crazy tracks he played for us in the talk are reflected in the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

beer

Well..There are some Funky rythms and Elements....Not so directly influenced by other pieces like "we are here" song is,for sure...

Elfman Elements are becoming too importants in Powell's sound...

Horton Suite makes me Smile Everytime..Not an easy cue to be played live!!!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There's a lot of electronics in it though. Did the really fast bit (that's also in ''Into Whoville/Breakfast With The Mayor'' remind you of Zorba The Greek? smile

Oh, and I'm so glad we didn't get a cue of someone chopping wood while singing...it's 8 months since Ubeda and that still makes no sense to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Just played...
    Vantage Point - Atli Orvarsson
    Not as bad as I thought the first time. It actually reminds me most of JNH's The Lookout. It may be completely unoriginal, but I think the blame for that lies mostly with the film itself. I don't think Atli is any WORSE than the rest of the RC guys, at least.

10,000 BC - Kloser & Wander
    It's a little bit more interesting than The Day After Tomorrow, but it's still pretty boring.

Jumper - John Powell
    This is a score you listen to if you want to hear John Powell but don't want to have to pay attention to the music. It's like... Powell-ish background noise.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Scribe wrote
    Jumper - John Powell
    It's like... Powell-ish background noise.

...or Powell focusing in a more interesting project like Horton smile , which I can´t stop playing by the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Jumper - John Powell
    It's like... Powell-ish background noise.

...or Powell focusing in a more interesting project like Horton smile , which I can´t stop playing by the way.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Just played...

Rudy - Jerry Goldsmith
    I bought about 10 other Goldsmith scores before I got around to this one. Well worth the wait! Perhaps the most all-around pleasant Goldsmith score in my whole collection.

Definitely Maybe - Clint Mansell
    It's nothing special, but at least its more melodically interesting than most of the other 2008 scores thus far.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Transformers | Steve Jablonsky

Not everyone's cup of tea, but when you have little prejudice against scores like this it's very enjoyable! Come all, let's shed that prejudice for a moment and bask in the delight of RC goodness! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

Not everyone's cup of tea, but when you have little prejudice against scores like this it's very enjoyable! Come all, let's shed that prejudice for a moment and bask in the delight of RC goodness! biggrin

Say, Yes! beer

NP.Days of Thunder

Some day...It will be realeased officially in a Deluxe Edition form from Varese...Im quite sure.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

I think this is the most enjoyable (if not typical) RC score there is. A big winner for me! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    we are here.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  1. Marselus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Fragile by Roque Baños

Absolutely one of the better horror scores out there, fully orchestral, textural, vocal, you name it, its there. Oh and the film is good too wink

Agree on both the score and the movie. The vocal cue at the end of the score is amazing. Glad you liked it wink

Oh, there will be a review of this one wink
    I give you my word smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Who are?

I don't know yet..until I see th movie ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Ummm... no. I will not lower my standards!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Ummm... no. I will not lower my standards!

-Erik-

Go on, just once. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Fragile by Roque Baños

Absolutely one of the better horror scores out there, fully orchestral, textural, vocal, you name it, its there. Oh and the film is good too wink

Agree on both the score and the movie. The vocal cue at the end of the score is amazing. Glad you liked it wink

Oh, there will be a review of this one wink
    I give you my word smile

I don´t expect less than 4 stars kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

NEVER! tongue

Quite enjoyed Steamboy though!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt