• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Transformers | Steve Jablonsky

Not everyone's cup of tea, but when you have little prejudice against scores like this it's very enjoyable! Come all, let's shed that prejudice for a moment and bask in the delight of RC goodness! biggrin

Ummm... no. I will not lower my standards!

-Erik-

Go on, just once. wink

It would require me to illegally download it! I only break the law for things I believe in. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    NP : 'Kick The Can' - Jerry Goldsmith

Just time enough to enjoy this wonderfully sentimental little score from the ( third segment? ) of TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE cool

"age means nothing cos it's duty free"
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. NP: Youth without Youth (Osvaldo Golijov)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Eragon - Patrick Doyle

Maybe I'm the only one but I really like this score.. especially "Battle for Varden"!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorpetersv
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Eragon - Patrick Doyle

Maybe I'm the only one but I really like this score.. especially "Battle for Varden"!! punk

I like it too, in small doses at least (the theme kind of outstays its welcome on a full listen). Battle of Varden is a great cue!

NP: Erik's Best of 2007 Show

An enjoyable summary of the past year, with a few new interesting introductions to me. Angel and Island of Lost Souls both sound like something I should acquire, especially Angel.

Thanks for a show well done, Erik!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JAMES HORNER - Apollo 13

top stuff and an infectious main theme
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES HORNER - Apollo 13

shocked

Demetris praises Horner!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES HORNER - Apollo 13

Of course, My favourite Horner score. A great use of electronics, and dissonant stuff.

Annie Lennox voice is breathaking...Anyway I still have my reservations with this sacharine boy choir in some stuff.

Launch, Master alarm, Dark side of the moon, End credits....top Stuff!

NP:Ice Age 2

It reminds me to my special Summer in the first Madrid Film Music festival.

Im not quite sure if I prefer Horton over Ice Age 2....or Ice age 2 over Horton. The tunes from Ice age 2 are far stronger and more addictive. (specially the Waterpark and the Mini Sloths one )

I don't know man..I don't know.... crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES HORNER - Apollo 13

shocked

Demetris praises Horner!

Horner has written LOADS of outstanding material and APOLLO 13 is one of those (many) my friend; i don't have anything against specific composers or persons, i just have a thing against music i don't like and another thing PRO gorgeous musical works that I'll always 'confess'. Apollo 13 is one of those moments, pure brilliance from start to finish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ What i said about Apollo 13 above, also applies to LEGENDS OF THE FALL which i am deeply enjoying as we speak. I miss this Horner, i really do. "To the boys"'s passionately dramatic descending melody is one of the nicest things he ever wrote.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

NP:Ice Age 2

It reminds me to my special Summer in the first Madrid Film Music festival.

Im not quite sure if I prefer Horton over Ice Age 2....or Ice age 2 over Horton. The tunes from Ice age 2 are far stronger and more addictive. (specially the Waterpark and the Mini Sloths one )

I don't know man..I don't know.... crazy

I can't listen to Ice Age 2 again without thinking of the sheer excitement of hearing ''The Meltdown'' played live by the Flemish Radio Orchestra with Powell and Germaine Franco on percussion. That was one hell of a night. biggrin

I think I prefer Horton more. The themes aren't developed particularly well, but all in all I find them more pleasnt to listen to. And the number of cool little brass motif...wahey! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't heard HORTON yet but i doubt it'll be better than - probably my 2nd favorite Powell score after UNITED 93, HAPPY FEET.
  3. Moving from...

SURF'S UP (Danna - pretty good!)

... to...

HELEN OF TROY (Steiner)

This is one of the Bernstein Box items it has taken me nearly 2 years to get around to listening to! Off to a good start.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...i don't have anything against specific composers or persons...

I'll remember that next time you mention something about Danny Elfman! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah come on mate, you know there's a lot of stuff by Elfman i repeatedly said i LOVE! angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Didn't you mention something about Charlie and the Chocolate factory being your favourite score ever? You probably don't remember it, but I think you did. Don't worry I'll remember these things, that's what I'm here for!
  4. franz_conrad wrote
    HELEN OF TROY (Steiner)

This is one of the Bernstein Box items it has taken me nearly 2 years to get around to listening to! Off to a good start.

Steiner sounds so good when the sound recordings approach more modern fidelity. His HELEN OF TROY score is pretty good. Dated in some ways, but it's too well composed to resist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Didn't you mention something about Charlie and the Chocolate factory being your favourite score ever? You probably don't remember it, but I think you did. Don't worry I'll remember these things, that's what I'm here for!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    HELEN OF TROY (Steiner)

Steiner sounds so good when the sound recordings approach more modern fidelity. His HELEN OF TROY score is pretty good. Dated in some ways, but it's too well composed to resist.

That's probably my least-listened-to of the scores in the Bernstein box. Steiner's never really done it for me. Might give it another go some time!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    I haven't heard HORTON yet but i doubt it'll be better than - probably my 2nd favorite Powell score after UNITED 93, HAPPY FEET.

It is! It's not as ''dramatic'', but it's a hell of a lot more interesting, and it's got some of the strangest orchestration ever. It rules big time, trust me. smile
  5. Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    HELEN OF TROY (Steiner)

That's probably my least-listened-to of the scores in the Bernstein box. Steiner's never really done it for me. Might give it another go some time!

It's not bad. I'm normally not a Steiner fan, but HELEN and SUMMER PALACE make an ok album. And as far as film music for Troy goes, Steiner's writing certainly holds its own with the better parts of the Horner and Yared scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Troy (rejected score) by Gabriel Yared

Two words - FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Dear god. 10 new pages in this topic, impossible to all read.

So, my first post-China score

The Legend of Butch & Sundance | Basil Poledouris

Absolutely catchy main theme and a very enjoyable score overall. Defenitely a score to get, nice packaging and liner notes too Mikael! Well done ... again! :o
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Troy (rejected score) by Gabriel Yared

Two words - FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! biggrin biggrin

Isn't it! punk

I think I'll give it a play sometime today too. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

I wouldn´t bet.....Happy Feet WAS my favourite Powell animated score...until Horton. Every listen is surprising and different. So original and fresh, Powell strikes back!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Dear god. 10 new pages in this topic, impossible to all read.

So, my first post-China score

The Legend of Butch & Sundance | Basil Poledouris

Absolutely catchy main theme and a very enjoyable score overall. Defenitely a score to get, nice packaging and liner notes too Mikael! Well done ... again! :o

Just got this today! cool

Welcome home to the madhouse wave
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Happy Feet WAS my favourite Powell animated score...until Horton. Every listen is surprising and different. So original and fresh, Powell strikes back!

Yeah, after Jumper I couldn't have asked for more. Horton RULES. Does it strike anyone else as being a ''Disney'' score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Happy Feet WAS my favourite Powell animated score...until Horton. Every listen is surprising and different. So original and fresh, Powell strikes back!

Yeah, after Jumper I couldn't have asked for more. Horton RULES. Does it strike anyone else as being a ''Disney'' score?

wave spin

(Thanks for that one Timmer! biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

Yeah, after Jumper I couldn't have asked for more. Horton RULES.

Now we know what was Powell thinking while doing "Jumper" (fortunately).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

wave spin

(Thanks for that one Timmer! biggrin )

You're welcome! biggrin ( but it was you who instigated it wink )

NP : ALIEN - Jerry Goldsmith

Finally managed to crowbar Mike Oldfield out of the stereo and put on this true classic born of genius, it'll take a few moments to settle into such an extreme mood change.

Thank you so much Intrada! cool