• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    NP : The Other Boleyn Girl - Paul Cantelon

Very nice indeed! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am Legend is top scoring, been listening to it yesterday as well on repeat and loving every single moment in it. Great work it is.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008 edited
    NP - Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

Man, the vocals at the end of "The Wheat" and the theme during the beginning of "The Battle" are terrific! punk

And "Am I Not Merciful?" is totally breathtaking!! moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Indeed, Zimmer's best score by far along with THE THIN RED LINE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Superman 2 - Williams, Ken Thorne

This new release is the complete score with vastly improved sound.
    I've now come to respect this adaption alot more now! Even if the orchestra is 30 pieces smaller!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    And we all need one RC score in our collection to call ourselves score fans. Yes, even you Erik. tongue wink

Dooood... I have plenty... and all or most of them are light years ahead of the generic crud Jabslonsky provide for Transformers.

-Erik-

Do you like Armaggedon by Rabin, Erik?

NP:Horton Hears a who

While I still think it's a terrific score, I can't enter very much into this score because his themes and his devolopment are not so good like Happy feet or Ice age2.

( I don't like very much the saxo stuff , for the kangaroo character, or the "Hawain"stuff)

Anyway....4 / 5 score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Vertical Limit | James Newton Howard

100% JNH music. No Zimmer, no Thomas Newman. That's what I like about this score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote

100% JNH music. No Zimmer, no Thomas Newman. That's what I like about this score!

You're right, it's brilliant. Vastly underrated effort.

NP: Total Recall - Jerry Goldsmith

Just... punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    And we all need one RC score in our collection to call ourselves score fans. Yes, even you Erik. tongue wink

Dooood... I have plenty... and all or most of them are light years ahead of the generic crud Jabslonsky provide for Transformers.

-Erik-

Yup. Why do you ask?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

Yup. Why do you ask?

-Erik-

Why armaggedon, and No transformers?

NP:Ten Commandaments (bernstein)

Great to listn the re-recording with Bernstein conducting the orchestra with actual sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

Yup. Why do you ask?

-Erik-

One big difference... an original, emotional and memorable main theme.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

True! Personally, I like both of them equally, though. But I agree, Armageddon's music is terrific.

NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

For me, this score has O-S-C-A-R written over it! beer The opening tracks are SO beautiful and serene, I can't help but keep pressing the Repeat button. Especially "The Egg Travels"! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Old Gringo--Lee Holdridge

This is one that is pleasant enough to listen to but there is certainly nothing extraordinary about the material.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Steven wrote

Yes, well if you take only the first-half of this score which is indeed excellent, a shame you can't say the same for the second half.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    msia2k75 wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes, well if you take only the first-half of this score which is indeed excellent, a shame you can't say the same for the second half.

Yeap, the first tracks are the highlights of the whole score...and About the Zimmer thing, Howard confesed he used Zimmer samplers from Gladiator for this score (wich I can't notice), but the ryntms and percusion are very similiarto Zimmer (or Pop) elements.

NP:Prince Of Egypt (Zimmer)

Another score perfect for this week.

The egyptian main theme is really, really epic and powerfull, specially with horns.

The reprimand, folowing Ziphora, Chariot race, Goodbye Brother, Red sea a Ten Comandaments are a great taste of egypt with epic proportions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    NP: Old Gringo--Lee Holdridge

This is one that is pleasant enough to listen to but there is certainly nothing extraordinary about the material.

Really? I always thought that this was an excellent score with an absolutely breathtaking love theme!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

Which theme are you referring to? There's at least two "main" themes...the one that's played on flute during the prologue of the movie, or the one that accompanies the shuttle launch in full "epic" mode.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

punk cool

NP : BILL & TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY - David Newman

I'm so glad I purchased this one, it's getting a lot of play out of me. Really enjoyable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

Which theme are you referring to? There's at least two "main" themes...the one that's played on flute during the prologue of the movie, or the one that accompanies the shuttle launch in full "epic" mode.

The one during the shuttle launch which is pretty much the films MAIN THEME!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP The Legend of Butch and Sundance (Basil Poledouris)
    Addictive main theme and a very enjoyable and fine score overall with sweet arrangements for the soloists.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Looney Tunes Back In action (Goldsmith)

A really, really good score. A very underated one!

One of Goldsmith crazyiest scores!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER - Basil Poledouris

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LEGEND OF BUTCH & SUNDANCE - Basil Poledouris

Playing for the first time and am immediately captivated by the main title....off to relax to it now! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE LEGEND OF BUTCH & SUNDANCE - Basil Poledouris

Playing for the first time and am immediately captivated by the main title....off to relax to it now! cool

An extremely enjoyable album, thanks to all concerned. beer

NP : BIRTH - Alexandre Desplat

Lovely! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008 edited
    N.P. JOHN MUPRHY - Sunshine

Top work, an atmospheric and eerily creepy work of strong emotions; sadly underrated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote

Top work, an atmospheric and eerily creepy work of strong emotions; sadly underrated.

I noticed this score rather a lot while watching the film in the cinema but I didn't think the music got released. Is it a bootleg? confused

NP: The Shawshank Redemption - Thomas Newman

One of the first instances I went crazy about a score after I first saw the film in my early teenage years, this is just bliss - a score that really makes you feel alright.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I noticed this score rather a lot while watching the film in the cinema but I didn't think the music got released. Is it a bootleg? confused

it's on iTunes http://rateyourmusic.com/buy?album_id=728161
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MARCO BELTRAMI - the eye

Biggest crap from a major composer i've heard this year. Not that i expected anything out of such a rubbish movie but yeah, stay as away as possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    MARCO BELTRAMI - the eye

Biggest crap from a major composer i've heard this year. Not that i expected anything out of such a rubbish movie but yeah, stay as away as possible.

Agree.
    Not even the composers are able to do something remotely interesting with all this american crappy remakes of (better) asian films.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah although this score is unbelievable, beyond tolerance-horrendous. Yuk!