• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    NP: JIG (Patrick Doyle)

If anyone saw me play this, they'd probably think I was a pedophile or otherwise disturbed, but the music is quite good -- one of Doyle's best in recent years.

Sigh.

No one should see that and automatically sexualize it. Not that it's yours or even anyone in particular's fault, but society is really screwed up if that is most people's probable first reaction.

But yeah, both the final cue and the Horner-level cheesy song afterwards are some of my favorite things to ever come out of Doyle's pen. They are able to make me cry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2016
    Well, I was half way kidding, of course, but there are certain albums I'm hesitant to play "in public", especially if it also means displaying the cover and title. Completely screws up my rough, manly exterior (yeah, right).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2016
    I say this very rarely, but I'm with Thor.
  2. NP: Un Monstruo Viene A Verme - Fernando Velazquez....because it exists in Spain but not the rest of the world, apparently.

Between this and Lo Imposibile, the fact that this man is working with the same director for Jurassic World 2 fills me with indescribable excitement. At the very least I think it's going to be the greatest Williams follow-up of all time. Velazquez' style is utterly perfect for capturing the mood of the original Jurassic Park (way more than Giacchino did). The main theme for Lo Imposibile was already remarkably similar in spirit to the romantic Jurassic Park theme (as opposed to the majestic one) and on this new score he adds a perfectly Jurassic Park-y choir too. Already my most anticipated score of 2018 and that's a year that includes Avatar 2.
  3. Most anticipated score of 2018 is How to Train Your Dragon 3 and that is a FACT.

...for me. wink
  4. They plan to train even more dragons? Are the Dragon Olympics pending? wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2016
    Deepwater Horizon - Jablonsky

Noisy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2016
    NP: DANS LA MAISON (Philippe Rombi)

Lovely post-minimalist romanticism, although I'm a bit put off by the occasional Desplat-ism here and there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: LA NOUVELLE GUERRE DES BOUTONS (Philippe Rombi)

One of the few extrovert, old-school symphonic adventure scores of a newer date I can tolerate and even enjoy.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. That's a nice score indeed. I shall revisit it.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2016 edited
    NP: LE CINÉMA DE GEORGES LAUTNER (Philippe Sarde)

Sarde is hit and miss for me as far as whole albums are concerned, but compilations like this is a perfect way to 'sample' bits.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: SHOLAY (R.D. Burman)

One of the biggest Bollywood hits of all time. The sound quality and high-pitched strings make it a bit challenging on the ears, but I like the music. The film is loads of fun -- Amitabh Bachchan's breakthrough role.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: GREEN PLANET (Ragnar Bjerkreim)

The GREEN PLANET "symphony" is rather terrible; but some of the other tracks (culled from other scores, mostly) are fine. But by no means Bjerkreim's best album.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2016
    Terrible says Thor.

Instant interest from all MainTitles members wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. NP: Terrore nello Spazio - Gino Marinuzzi Jr

Trying to see if I can shuffle my way through October in the lead up to Halloween listening to 'horror' scores (imdb.com's categorisation is a bit surprising sometimes). Marinuzzi's score for this 1965 film, otherwise known as Planet of the Vampires, is an effectively creepy orchestral score that also features some interesting electronics and other effects.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. NP: Psychomania - John Cameron

Wah wah guitars and organ keyboards dominate this score for the 1973 movie about a group of suicidal bikers, The Living Dead. Not a particularly horror-styled score but it's certainly distinctive.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. NP: Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Carmen Dragon

A very unsettling score for the iconic 1956 movie. Dragon only scored a handful of films, I think, and tended to concentrate on his other musical outlets.

Apparently, the composer's son - Daryl Dragon - is the 'Captain' of the husband-and-wife singing duo, Captain & Tennille.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP:Denial - Howard Shore

Pleasant and inoffensive. Reminiscent of Before and After with a tinge of A History of Violence.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Carmen Dragon
    Apparently, the composer's son - Daryl Dragon - is the 'Captain' of the husband-and-wife singing duo, Captain & Tennille.

You learn something new every day wink

Do That To Me One More Time was their big UK hit, I can't remember what sounded like because I've got Britney Speers Hit Me Baby One More Time rolling around my head to the same lyric line as C&T's.

Need to get rid of this ear worm. spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: MAMA DRACULA (Roy Budd)

Hard to dislike Budd, but I never expected to like this given the genre and such. Expected something far more hokey. As it is, it's quite a lovely affair.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: POSTMAN PAT: THE MOVIE (Rupert Gregson-Williams)

Another one of those kiddie things I would have been embarassed to tell anyone I was listening to. But damn, the music is very good.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2016 edited
    NP: SPYHUNTER (Ryan Shore)

Never played the game, but cool mix of 50s and 60s swing and blues (like "Peter Gunn") and contemporary EDM beats. A bit like if a whole score was done in the style of JXL's "A Little Less Conversation".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: JENS JENSEN - THE LIVING GREEN (Sam Hulick)

Lovely, softspoken 'rural' music for small chamber ensemble, with some elements of minimalism. I have no idea what the movie is about -- a gardener with the Scandinavian name Jens Jensen?
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Thor wrote
    NP: JENS JENSEN - THE LIVING GREEN (Sam Hulick)

Lovely, softspoken 'rural' music for small chamber ensemble, with some elements of minimalism. I have no idea what the movie is about -- a gardener with the Scandinavian name Jens Jensen?

A little bit of background on the movie:

https://reelmusic.wordpress.com/2013/07 … am-hulick/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2016
    Thanks!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: LE JOURS DES CORNEILLES (Simon LeClerc)

Another contemporary, old-school adventure-type score that I enjoy. Not too much mickey-mousing for an animated feature.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: FURORE / I SEGRETI DI BORGO LARICI (Stefano Caprioli)

I think these are Italian TV shows from 2014. Received a promo of each awhile back, and they're very lush and melodramatic. Very "Italian" through and through, wearing its heart on its sleeve. Unfortunately, no commercial release.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. NP: The Mephisto Waltz - Jerry Goldsmith

This is a cracking score. Full of invention, it's a full-on creepy score that is always interesting.
  11. NP: Sundown - Richard Stone

This is such an enjoyable score. A great title theme, full of western exuberance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2016
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Sundown - Richard Stone

This is such an enjoyable score. A great title theme, full of western exuberance.

Always been meaning to check out that after joan hue raved about it over on FSM. I only know Stone from those Disney or WB cartoon things.
    I am extremely serious.