• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. What format is it in? I mean, if it's MP3, it could have track number in its tags...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. NP: The Last Valley - John Barry

The re-release of the original recording - which I am not going to buy - prompted me to revisit the re-recording of this remarkable score.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016 edited
    The Lost World John Williams

The extra material were the puzzle pieces missing for far too long - and what a brilliant and unique score they reveal. Probably John Williams's most badass music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    What format is it in? I mean, if it's MP3, it could have track number in its tags...

It's mp3, but I can find no such information in the tags. I dont' think Kantelinen ever tagged the tracks.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. No, I don't think he did. No tags for track numbering.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Thor wrote
    NP: BLIZZARD (Mark McKenzie)

Unashamed Hollywood Christmas romanticism, way into kitch territory, but I love it.

Love it!

I just finished JACKIE by Mica Levi. It was dreary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    No, I don't think he did. No tags for track numbering.

He did name the tracks, though, so if one were ever able to see the movie, one could perhaps assemble it in chronological order based on the descriptions. But the film seems fairly obscure.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016
    christopher wrote
    Thor wrote
    NP: BLIZZARD (Mark McKenzie)

Unashamed Hollywood Christmas romanticism, way into kitch territory, but I love it.

Love it!

I just finished JACKIE by Mica Levi. It was dreary.

Blizzard GREAT! Jackie NOT SO GREAT.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Mark McKenzie GREAT! Mica Levi NOT SO GREAT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2016
    Thor wrote
    NP: MUSIC FROM THE HUNGER GAMES SAGA (James Newton Howard)

This Silva(?) set is really all I need from these films -- excellent choice of tracks and performances; practically every cue is worthwhile.

I agree. Excellent selection and performance.
  6. Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote
    NP: MUSIC FROM THE HUNGER GAMES SAGA (James Newton Howard)

This Silva(?) set is really all I need from these films -- excellent choice of tracks and performances; practically every cue is worthwhile.

I agree. Excellent selection and performance.

Yes, Silva. I may use this as a template for a playlist from the original albums.

Volker
  7. The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection Williams

The new La La Land release has arrived with me and it's a thing of beauty, a very nicely put together package indeed. The sound is absolutely stunning and it's a thrill to hear all the 'Lost World' music which is previously unreleased and cut from the film, a treasure trove of completely unheard John Williams. I'll be digging into this in detail over the next few weeks.
  8. That sounds fun, John. I'm a little jealous. But only a little smile

NP - CIVILIZATION VI - Geoff Knorr, et al

I'm quite liking this. I was surprised to hear so many melodies that I recognized from other music (usually folk melodies, sometimes more classical), but it sounds great. I've heard people complain about some of the "ancient" and "medieval" era music, but I think they break up the bigger sound that Knorr created for the 'industrial" and "atomic" era pieces. It's a long album, but I've really been enjoying it - probably even more than the BEYOND EARTH scores from the last couple years.
  9. I've really been enjoying that score, although there's so damn much of it that you can't really get through the whole thing in one sitting. I don't much care for the "ancient" cues, like the "medieval" cues, love the "industrial/atomic" ones even though I do wish they were differentiated by more than just the lack or presence of modern percussion. The Beyond Earth scores are a bit more expansive and to my taste, though. I think the fact that the music is based on traditional melodies somewhat hampers the emotional accessibility of VI (I like some tunes more than others - the "Rome" and "Norway" ones don't do much for me (sorry Thor), for instance, but I love the use of Scarborough Fair for England and whatever the America tune is).

Still. IMO it's the best game score of the year.
  10. For all the criticisms you throw at it you still think it's the best game score of the year!!?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's his birthday, he's allowed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    John Chambers wrote
    The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection Williams

The new La La Land release has arrived with me and it's a thing of beauty, a very nicely put together package indeed.

Sort of... check out the front cover of Jurassic Park!

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why, what's wrong with it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    This.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh, I see. That's very odd. Pourquoi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Oh, I see. That's very odd. Pourquoi?

Very odd indeed. I have no idea why. Surely, they could have just copy/pasted the original artwork.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Happy birthday, Edmund! All the Best!

NP: Faust (2000) - Arturo Annecchino

An obscure CD that I recently chanced upon: Peter Stein directed a mammoth stage production of Goethe's tragedy in the year 2000 during the Hanover World Fair Expo. He included the next to never played Part II. The performance demanded 21 hours, two afternoons, two evenings. The whole thing must have been major chore to witness. Much better faired the subsequent DVD production. It includes every word Goethe wrote but the absence of breaks reduces the running time to 12 hours. I can handle that in four nights.
    Italian composer Arturo Annecchino composed the original music for the production that was used live and on DVD. The CD was sold at the live performances. It never got a regular release. I now found a new copy for little money. It's grand, melodic, at times disturbingly disharmonious. There are sound effects contained in the music. Typically in stage music those effects are not separated from the music.

Nice to have found this CD.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Steve Jablonsky

One of THE best themes of 2016.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Frontiers - Jerry Goldsmith

I'd forgotten how good this is. Great compilation. Amazing to think that when it came out, a large proportion of it was otherwise unavailable elsewhere on CD and now it virtually all is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    One Little Indian - Jerry Goldsmith

Fun western score probably not as well known as it would be if the film didn't have such a stupid title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Final Fantasy - Elliot Goldenthal

So good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    One Little Indian - Jerry Goldsmith

Fun western score probably not as well known as it would be if the film didn't have such a stupid title.

'Go After Him!' is a fine one for compilations (be it Goldsmith or Western).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: SALMON FISHING IN YEMEN (Dario Marianelli)

I miss this Marianelli, as opposed to the 'trend' things he's trying to do these days.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Not sure that's a fair assessment of e.g. Kubo and the Two Strings or The Boxtrolls, Thor.
  13. "Kundo: Age of Rampant" (2014)

Listening to tracks from this foreign score which is like a modern Morricone western effort, but by somebody named Jo Yeong-Wook.

Sample:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN19_OfRQm0
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.