• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2016
    The concrete and the clay beneath my feet...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Raiders of the Lost Ark - John Williams

Happy 35th Raiders!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

"Ringle, wrangle."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    J. Flaherty wrote
    Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

"Ringle, wrangle."

Went for the safe option with the spelling. I always thought "Ringle, rangle" and my world was torn apart when I read "wringle, wrangle" in the pages of FSM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - J Williams

One of the greats.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016
    J. Flaherty wrote
    Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

"Ringle, wrangle."

drip drip drop little april showers....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Southall wrote
    J. Flaherty wrote
    Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

"Ringle, wrangle."

Went for the safe option with the spelling. I always thought "Ringle, rangle" and my world was torn apart when I read "wringle, wrangle" in the pages of FSM.

biggrin I can live with that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    J. Flaherty wrote
    Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

"Ringle, wrangle."

drip drip drop little april showers....

biggrin
    Always. ALWAYS I hear this.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. J. Flaherty wrote
    Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

"Ringle, wrangle."

No it's Wringle, rangle, wringle, rangle, wringle, rangle ...

Get your hearing checked! angry
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wringle, rangle, ringle, wrangle, rhingel, rhangol, wryngle, wryangle...
  4. Rhangol? Good you didn't throw rohypnol in for good measure...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  5. Southall, Sawthol

tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Potato, pahtahtoe.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. James Horner? rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Well okay, not sure if that works anymore... slant

HOLLYWOOD'S GREATEST HITS

This Kunzel / CPO compilation packs a punch ! And by that I do mean a literal punch... whenever the percussion hits that all-time low. Love that punch, which is felt in the gut.

Tremendously fantastic performances ! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016
    Those 80's CPO recordings are magnificent!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. With regard to that album, I wish it would've ended on something else than Chariots of Fire, which is a pretty weak track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016
    Agreed! I'm not a fan of any orchestral arrangement of Chariots of Fire! Lawrence of Arabia would have been a far better finale!

Interestingly enough they end Vol 2 with James Newton Howard's Grand Canyon Fanfare!

-Erik-
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    Agreed! I'm not a fan of any orchestral arrangement of Chariots of Fire! Lawrence of Arabia would have been a far better finale!

Interestingly enough they end Vol 2 with James Newton Howard's Grand Canyon Fanfare!

-Erik-

I think John Williams did a pretty good job, but generally I agree.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  11. NP: The British Years - Hans Zimmer

"Burning Secret" has a strong Morricone vibe about it, hasn't it?

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2016
    Thought I'd make a post or two since it indeed was quite some time ago, and why not start here?

NP: Gershwin in Hollywood - George Gerschwin

A relatively new album from one of my favourite artists in the "musical movie" territory - John Wilson and his John Wilson Orchestra. Great conductor, marvelous orchestra and a great selection of Gerschwin pieces from his Hollywood productions. It is quite rare to find a conductor and orchestra who does this type of music so very well (music which, quite frankly, is viewed upon as "light" by much of the classical establishment, but actually is very hard to play).

A recommendation for those fond of the Broadway musicals from the grand old days. (Tom?)
    - What matters is the music -
  12. Man, long time no see!!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  13. Today I've been listening to:

U.S. Marshals - Jerry Goldsmith
    We Were Soldiers - Nick Glennie-Smith
    The Mexican - Alan Silvestri
    Dragon Tiger Gate - Kenji Kawai
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016 edited
    TRIALS OF THE BLOOD DRAGON - Power Glove

I presume this new videogame, a weird hybrid of platforming and trial biking action has nothing to do with the spiritual predecessor FAR CRY 3 BLOOD DRAGON, which is an FPS (first person shooter spin off of Far Cry 3) * except for the exact same musical style and its composer(s). A purely synthesized affair covered in good old 80s nostalgia, but the album is a tad too long. I shall trim it down to about 40-45 minutes and then it will be as much fun as the previous score by Power Glove. Some themes reappear to make the listener aware that this is basically a sequel in name only.

* This is the inner game nerd talking. If you don't know what all this means, well I can't help you there. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016
    DreamTheater wrote
    TRIALS OF THE BLOOD DRAGON - Power Glove

I presume this new videogame, a weird hybrid of platforming and trial biking action has nothing to do with the spiritual predecessor FAR CRY 3 BLOOD DRAGON, which is an FPS (first person shooter spin off of Far Cry 3) * except for the exact same musical style and its composer(s). A purely synthesized affair covered in good old 80s nostalgia, but the album is a tad too long. I shall trim it down to about 40-45 minutes and then it will be as much fun as the previous score by Power Glove. Some themes reappear to make the listener aware that this is basically a sequel in name only.

* This is the inner game nerd talking. If you don't know what all this means, well I can't help you there. smile

Yeah, I played this on Spotify -- one of the best videogame scores of the year so far! Loved it even more than FAR CRY 3 (incidentally, I've never played any of the games, nor will I). I agree that it's a bit too long, though. Should be relatively easy to make a playlist, since most tracks are pretty self-sufficient.
    I am extremely serious.
  14. NP: The Fury (1978) - John Williams

The album recording. Truly Masterful.

Volker
  15. yeah

The new LLL release is mixed way too loud I think, especially the 8 minute finale.
  16. I never had an ear for that loudness thing. Or clipping or whatever. It sounds all the same to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016
    DreamTheater wrote
    yeah

The new LLL release is mixed way too loud I think, especially the 8 minute finale.

Yup! The original release is far superior!

-Erik-