• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2016
    Yes, yes there is!

Oh wait, that's The Blue Max.

No, there isn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2016 edited
    Steven wrote
    Take A Hard Ride Jerry Goldsmith

Nerds, I need your wisdom. Is there a rerecording of this theme anywhere?

Nope!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sad

This would be one of my top 5 to rerecord if I had the money to fund such a project.
  1. Haven't heard it yet, but is the sound / recording so bad?

Let us Jerry's fans do a kickstarter and give the money to James Fitzpatrick. He's the right man for the job. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Steven wrote
    Take A Hard Ride Jerry Goldsmith

Nerds, I need your wisdom. Is there a rerecording of this theme anywhere?

are you talking now about the recent La-La Land release or not? I thought that was going to sound better?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I should hope so.
  3. So you didn't listen to the new LLL set Steven? Then I can remain hopeful.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2016 edited
    Have a listen, Steven.

http://johndadlez.com/MP3/TakeAHardRide/13_CDB.mp3

More clips HERE!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. TOTAL RECALL (QUARTET RECORDS)

Sometimes after getting the expanded releases, I like to return to the originally assembled album, but for the first time in glorious crisp sound (CD 2). This has always been a superbly put together album. Even though there are so much great unreleased cues that we now can enjoy, what we got in 1990 is top tier Goldsmith, true 5 star quality !

The first disc is for another time ! smile
  5. NP: Bridge of Spies (2015) - Thomas Newman

I love this score! During the last few years Newman has become one of my top favorite composers.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Battle of Algiers - Ennio Morricone

This is some piece of work. So stark and aggressive and yet so compelling. The music was written for a film about the Battle of Algiers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Glory - James Horner

Superb!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ori and the Blind Florist - Gareth Coker

Not sure I like this as much as everyone else seems to, but I do like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Best video game score of the year, IMO.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    The Ori score is best enjoyed in game. Although I do play it as background music on occasion.
    It's such a nice game visually. And yes, no one can arrange flowers as beautifully as the blind florist!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Battle of Algiers - Ennio Morricone

This is some piece of work. So stark and aggressive and yet so compelling. The music was written for a film about the Battle of Algiers.

Who wrote it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2016
    Ennio Morricone, the film composer. I'm not sure of the identity of his favourite florist.
  6. A man with no name.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote

I don't understand the appeal. It does absolutely NOTHING for me.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    ^ Best video game score of the year, IMO.

-Erik-

I'll mark that one down! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2016 edited
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

It does absolutely NOTHING for me.

Well yes, I suppose it is quite popular.
  8. I would have marked that one as Thor-friendly (long album aside), but if there's one thing I've learned, it's never presume to predict the God of Thunder's tastes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

It does absolutely NOTHING for me.

Well yes, I suppose it is quite popular.

Seems that way. People are really gaga over it wherever I look for video game score reviews. (But then, people are really gaga about JXL's new Batman "theme" (i.e. the EXACT SAME timpani heavy mumbling underdross he (and Hans) have been churning out for the LAST TEN YEARS or so), so you know. The opinio communis is not something I'd particularly have me sway at the best of times.)

So I found the intro movie on the webz, but its underscore is just quite generic piano tinklings and elfish voices in a minor key (and therefore "melancholy").
    Is there anything more to the rest of the soundtrack?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Having only heard the link in Martijn's post I'm not impressed. A bit too twee for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It goes all over the place. Wears its influences on its sleeve. Thomas Newman, James Horner (especially Avatar), Jerry Goldsmith. I like the big music a lot more than the smaller scale stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn and Tim obviously didn't listen to my best of 2015 show. wink

Ori is a fantastic score.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn and Tim obviously didn't listen to my best of 2015 show. sad

Ori is a fantastic score.

-Erik-

I will be catching up with it soon Erik smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hidden Kingdoms - Ben Foster

A tad disappointing most of the tracks are very short, but things like "A Burglar" and "Fight Fight Fight!": give this guy the next Bond film. Does anybody know if he's written anything like that in his other scores?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Love, love, LOVE that score!

I really enjoyed his Thunderbirds score as well!

-Erik-