• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2016
    Thor wrote
    NP: LA TORTUE ROUGE (Laurent Perez Del Mar)

Screw all this Hollywood stuff! THIS is what you should be listening to; one of the best scores of the year.

yes, I thought this was great! I think it was your recommendation that got me listening to this in the first place some weeks ago.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's really quite lovely, I agree!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Are me n' youz the only ones who know dis place is open fer business again?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2016
    No. I know. But I'm a browser who rarely comments, just enjoys reading the posts. smile
  1. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Screw all this Hollywood stuff! THIS is what you should be listening to; one of the best scores of the year.

yes, I thought this was great! I think it was your recommendation that got me listening to this in the first place some weeks ago.

I see it's on Spotify. I'll give it a listen later.
    EDIT: Just did. Wow, this is really powerful stuff. Very good!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Turtles 2 Jablo

My favourite theme of 2016, along with JNH's The Huntsman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    In fact, I prefer this to Tyler's score. Tyler's score wins for its dense orchestrations, but Jablo's wins for its melodies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    'Klenduthu Drop' Basil

One of the greatest pieces of music ever written, and a great track to hype you up for a night out.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

I see it's on Spotify. I'll give it a listen later.
    EDIT: Just did. Wow, this is really powerful stuff. Very good!

Good to know that -- once in a blue moon, at least -- I'll recommend something that others like too. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Inferno - Hans Zimmer

What the vest and pants is this?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2016
    Southall wrote
    Inferno - Hans Zimmer

Inferno by Hans Zimmer mayhap?
  2. NP: Hack! - Scott Glasgow

A great little score from Glasgow. It's dark and creepy rather than an out-and-out horror score but it's nice and melodic and offers a bit of variety in terms of style.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Inferno - Hans Zimmer

I think he's just seeing what he can get away with at this point.
  3. Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Inferno - Hans Zimmer

I think he's just seeing what he can get away with at this point.

He could probably get away without the vest but without the pants, well that's a step too far, I feel.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. NP: Rasen - Dennis Martin

One of the many Ringu spin-offs - this one is a 1999 TV series. Martin's score does away with feel of Kawai and Zimmer to give a score that's devoid of much of the peril and horror.
  5. Inferno - Hans Zimmer

Doesn't seem to be very popular but honestly this is the kind of low-key, synthy Zimmer score I used to love from the first half of his career, but a lot more mature in the complexity of the writing and the synths sound fresh and dynamic. It's certainly no Da Vinci Code 3 but if you go into it without any expectations its really fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Morgan Joylighter wrote
    Inferno - Hans Zimmer

Doesn't seem to be very popular but honestly this is the kind of low-key, synthy Zimmer score I used to love from the first half of his career, but a lot more mature in the complexity of the writing and the synths sound fresh and dynamic. It's certainly no Da Vinci Code 3 but if you go into it without any expectations its really fun.

It seems to be a VERY divisive score. I have a feeling I'll land on your side of the fence, Morgan, but we'll see. Are you all listening on Spotify or something?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Anything by Zimmer nowadays is divisive.
  7. Anything by Zimmer, ever, is divisive. (Except, like, maybe The Lion King? I dunno...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Star Trek: The Video Game Chad Seiter

A fine companion to Giacchino's scores (and much better than the third one).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Inferno - Hans Zimmer

Ha, ha...I know what you mean. Just sampled it. NOT very good, although I like it when it TRIES to settle into a groove, CHAPPIE-style. I have nothing against the all-electronic approach (quite the contrary), but some of the abstract suspense music is really rather grating.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. I'm a little confused as to how this could happen on a Ron Howard movie. I mean, we all know Zimmer is volatile like no other composer, but generally speaking a Howard movie is a fairly safe bet for a good score.

Needless to say, Inferno is a pretty huge disappointment compared to The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: NERVE (Rob Simonsen)

God, this is so brilliant! A contender for my no. 1 spot of the year.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Sounds like 80s Italo pop. Nice!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I had a feeling this would be right up your alley, Volker.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    NP: NERVE (Rob Simonsen)

God, this is so brilliant! A contender for my no. 1 spot of the year.

It is great!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. NP: Sisters - Bernard Herrmann

A Herrmann score that's not mentioned very often. It's not quite up there with his best, but it does have its moments.

A remastered release would be nice though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2016
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Sisters - Bernard Herrmann

A Herrmann score that's not mentioned very often.

What's a Herrmann? Is that a plugin that Zimmer uses?
  11. Yes, I think that it probably is.