• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016
    I want to send Volker a 700mg WAV file. Is there a free service that I can use?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes. For example:

wetransfer.com
    Dropbox
    filemail.com
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    will give it a try
  1. Tom, you've used Dropbox before, sharing an album with me. Copy the file to your Public sub-folder in your PC's Dropbox folder. Then log on to your Dropbox account and share the link with Volker via an email.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Exited! smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Entranced.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. It suffices to left-click the file in the sub-folder and choose "share dropbox-link" (or something the like in English). You can then paste the link in the email.
    It will take some time to upload the file beforehand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Perhaps you should weigh it again to double check your figures are correct? These postal companies will get you if you're not careful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It took me an hour to do it and I got very confused but I sent it to Volker
  4. All right, Tom, now we have a shared sub-folder in our dropboxes. So far the folder is empty. Just copy the file to the baddings-folder. That should place it right on my hard drive.

smile Volker
  5. I just put something in the folder that might interst you, Tom. Should be there in a few minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    I just put something in the folder that might interst you, Tom.

Jeez, get a room!
  6. folder
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016 edited
    This is the most exciting topic ever. Will the item in question be properly shared between Volker and Tom?

popcorn
    I am extremely serious.
  7. We are turning main titles into old times napster. The police will show up any minute. tongue
  8. Captain Future wrote
    It suffices to left-click the file in the sub-folder and choose "share dropbox-link" (or something the like in English). You can then paste the link in the email.

Thanks! I didn't realise that you can do it this way too. Much more convenient than the convoluted way I've been doing it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. Alternatively, by the way, if both you and the accepting party have an editing program, like Audacity, you you break up the piece into smaller sections so you can use sites that have limits, and the party can then edit them back together.

In Audacity, for example, it's a really simple thing to do, just get all the parts into the editor, then copy the next section, highlight the starting part, and hit the right arrow key on your keyboard once, then paste (assuming the user has not put any silence in the gaps).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  10. Justin, isn't that a bit like taking the bus, the train and the subway to get to the store just a few blocks away? rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  11. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016
    Thor wrote
    This is the most exciting topic ever. Will the item in question be properly shared between Volker and Tom?

popcorn

Stay tuned for part 2!
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sometimes I wonder why I ever got a computer. My life would be simpler without it. Your right I did share a file with you but it had been so long I forgot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    In Justin's defense (it can happen), splitting a 700mb file is not such a bad idea if your aim is to upload it via free services with upload limits per file. Ideally, the WAV file should be separated into its individual tracks and then compressed, but alas this not the case. In Tom's case, I suspect a USB + pigeon post would be less hassle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Who knows
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Shadow knows.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bo knows.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  12. Is it wave files or a CD image, Tom? If you have wave files you might turn them into mp3. I don't fuss about "lossy" formats. Has my zip folder arrived at your PC, Tom? It would be in the Baddings dropbox sub-folder.

smile Volker
  13. The cover art has arrived, Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    punk
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    napster.

Napster...
  14. Believe it or not, it's a good option for some people who can't get sites to work and for many people who still either have dial-up, or only have dial-up as an option in their area. Alternatives aren't necessarily going to be easy, they're just meant to be alternatives.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.