• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hey! angry I am Greek and i cook as well! Damn well, from what i've been told! cry

Ok hon!Calm down! kiss There,there now!Better?
    I'm sure you cook wonderfully!When the guys come we can cook for them together! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MUCH better wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hey! angry I am Greek and i cook as well! Damn well, from what i've been told! cry

Well, we'll need a food taster I guess? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    I miss the fat woman who worked in our canteen. She gave us man size portions of food. lick Now we're stuck with some foreign guy who gives you like 4 baked beans with your chips. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    I actually had mushrooms (more specifically champignon) and pasta today, along with some other ingredients (squash, carrot, broccoli, swedish meatballs, paprika) - a kinda of a specialty of mine. Was very good.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    I actually had mushrooms (more specifically champignon) and pasta today, along with some other ingredients (squash, carrot, broccoli, swedish meatballs, paprika) - a kinda of a specialty of mine. Was very good.

lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

lick

Agree lick cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    If all goes well today, the canteen should be serving man size portions of carbonara! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    I made my own Kebabs yesterday lick

Finely chopped lettuce, cucumber, shredded red cabbage, tomatoes, onions sprinkled with herbs and olive oil, two skewers of lamb slung in a pitta bread and topped with chili sauce....SMASHING! lick cool

Similar today!

I made my own Lamb Kofte on skewers with pitta bread, Tzatziki and a Greek salad.

MMMMmmmmmmmm!!!!!! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    I made my own Kebabs yesterday lick

Finely chopped lettuce, cucumber, shredded red cabbage, tomatoes, onions sprinkled with herbs and olive oil, two skewers of lamb slung in a pitta bread and topped with chili sauce....SMASHING! lick cool

Similar today!

I made my own Lamb Kofte on skewers with pitta bread, Tzatziki and a Greek salad.

MMMMmmmmmmmm!!!!!! lick

Similar today!

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! lick cool

And now for some beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit

OMG.

We had ''apparant'' carbonara today. Since when did carbonara NOT have bacon in, and have it switched with MASSIVE chunks of mushroom and onion?! One of the worst things the canteen has served. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit

OMG.

We had ''apparant'' carbonara today. Since when did carbonara NOT have bacon in, and have it switched with MASSIVE chunks of mushroom and onion?! One of the worst things the canteen has served. vomit

Carbonara without bacon?! Kill the cook!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    CARBONARA...

Sickly nasty stuff! vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008
    Doesn't he play for Middlesboro?
  2. I find myself hesitant to eat carbonara myself these days, owing to a bad experience not unlike yours.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony, how the hell is it that all you people eat is friggin variations on a pasta?
  3. Come to Sydney and make us some mousaka, Demetris. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait 'till you taste some Cypriot cuisine mate, it kicks Greek's (mousaka included) ass by far!
  4. We don't have much in the way Cypriot cuisine over here. Come and cook that instead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw do you by any chance know any Greeks in Sydney, in person? I am under the idea that there are a lot of Greeks living in Sydney and Australia in general, as we speak.
  5. More in Melbourne than Sydney (am I right, DavidOC?). There's a street in the centre of Melbourne devoted to Greek restaurants called Lonsdale st. Sydney is more associated with Italians and Lebanese among Mediteranean peoples. Our equivalent to Lonsdale st - not in the city centre - is Norton st, which is lined with Italian restaurants.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    More in Melbourne than Sydney (am I right, DavidOC?). There's a street in the centre of Melbourne devoted to Greek restaurants called Lonsdale st. Sydney is more associated with Italians and Lebanese among Mediteranean peoples. Our equivalent to Lonsdale st - not in the city centre - is Norton st, which is lined with Italian restaurants.

Melborne has quite a large Greek population. I've eaten on Lonsdale ST. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony, how the hell is it that all you people eat is friggin variations on a pasta?

He's only ONE person.

You like Kofte D ? I make a great Kofte and Tzatziki to go with it! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hhehhe actually is KEfte wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    hhehhe actually is KEfte wink

I stand corrected. smile

Still delicious however it's spelt lick
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008
    OMG, RICE PUDDING!!

I've just tried this for the first time...oh my god, I love it. I clearly haven't lived before! Rice...but in pudding form? Yes! punk eat
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008 edited
    icecream
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    OMG, RICE PUDDING!!

I've just tried this for the first time...oh my god, I love it. I clearly haven't lived before! Rice...but in pudding form? Yes! punk eat

YIKES! shocked vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008 edited
    Yesterday was my first BBQ of the year! Ooooooooh baby!

On the menu...

For my wife --> Salmon (marinated in a wine and herb sauce) - Grilled to perfection in some tin foil for 12 minutes of medium heat. I'm going to plank one of those son's of bitches next time.

For me --> Sirloin Steak --> Marinated in my very own Sleeman's Honey Brown beer marinade with garlic, diana sauce, onion and Montreal Steak Spice. I marinated that cow for 8 hours and then one more hour out of the fridge at room temp. That was one limp bastard when it hit the grill. Mmmmmm...

I also made roast BBQ potatoes with some olive oil, salt and black pepper. Yum.

And of course the first BBQ of the year isn't complete with out some BBQ'd corn-on-the-cob. Didn't have time to soak the corn in the husks so I ripped the husks off, rapped the corn in some foil, added salt, pepper and minced garlic. Leave them on medium heat for 30 minutes and you have some awesome, sweet-tasting and juice corn.

Add sauteed mushrooms in garlic and butter to go with the steak... and there you have it! One wicked BBQ meal!

And to drink... St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout.

lick

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik, you're making my mouth water. I love BBQs. Far too cold still though. Bring on the summer! (Here's hoping we have a proper one in this country this year - not like last year's washout).