• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016
    Steven, my daughter has a Prius and is very happy with it
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It is worth meditating for a moment that both a pessimist and a person afraid of German sausages go through their whole lives fearing the wurst.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Especially, of course, when they're Hamburgers.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This thread is making me hungry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016
    Not a Frankfurter then?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    popcorn <- me Munchen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Is it not out of everyone's system yet!?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a sausage-fest on MainTitles, what do you expect!? It brings out the wurst in us!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This is the way to increase activity I guess
  2. Now you're talking baloney Tom.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Well, now this thread is becoming cheese. Gouda cheese, but still...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Steven wrote
    I assume this is the right thread to ask, but I'm thinking about buying a car, and I'm unsure whether to get a diesel or a petrol or a hybrid?

If you tend to do long-ish journeys get diesel. if you do lots of short journeys get petrol.
    If you're pretentious (sorry...precious) about the environment by all means get a hybrid.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016 edited
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There's only so many contributions people can make to messageboards, social media, etc. and I think that people settle at a level they are comfortable with when everything else in peoples' lives are taken into consideration.

Yes, that's it for me too. I like here BECAUSE it's relatively quiet and there's a smallish band of contributors, many of whom I feel I "know" because of that.

Yes, that is the same for me. If it would be busier I might get disconnected more with what is going on. I have the feeling that even though I'm not as active anymore as I used to be here, I still can follow the general opinion and news (active lurker). Indeed also, it's a great group that I often get to meet, even regularly. Fantastic! punk

However, new people are obviously very welcome!

Was MainTitles busier in the beginning? I don't know? Perhaps in the first few months, and certainly the crazy first few days. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Was MainTitles busier in the beginning? I don't know? Perhaps in the first few months, and certainly the crazy first few days. biggrin

Yes, I think so. Scorereviews, as well as the first few years of Maintitles, was on a reasonable activity level. Now it's been reduced to a handful of new posts every day, if that (there can be any number of reasons for this, of course, like people's busy everyday lives and other priorities). I pretty much get to read everything in 5 minutes or less when I log on. That doesn't cut it for me, and it's a shame because I love everything else about this place.

We could multiply the activity two or three times, at least, and it still wouldn't feel any different.

I'm going to ask around on a couple of forums. Nothing will probably come of it, so the desire to up the activity (or not) is mostly with us who are already here.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Maybe as too why those who know of us don't post here. Probably come back that the forum isn't very active. Or that they are vegetarian.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or, or? new film music not being so dense and interesting anymore? no? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, now this thread is becoming cheese. Gouda cheese, but still...

agree
  6. Demetris wrote

I was wondering how long until that bullshit reared its ugly head.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote

It is different now Edmund
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote

Yes, yes, completely irrelevant eh? no. I remember when scorereviews was around, the time Bregt described earlier. Around 2000-2007 etc. Film music released every month in that period and earlier, is the same with today eh? thank God we still have Hobbittzez and Junkie XL to talk about then wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Demetris wrote

This! Mos def this !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote

Let me say it this way... If I had been a child / teenager in this decade I could never have become a film score nut.

I'm not talking bullshit. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    If I had been a child / teenager in this decade...

'If'? Crikey.
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    Demetris wrote

This! Mos def this !

Well there is highly interesting film music still being made. Not necessarily in Hollywood. But evern there the tide has turned again towards traditional symphonic scoring. Yet I add scores to my collection not so often anymore even if I like the music because so much similar music is already there. I guess I should refer to Spotify more often to keep me up to date. But lack of time is also an issue.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The "film music sucks these days" sentiment is something that is more suited for FSM than this place. We're better than that, I hope. There's plenty of brilliant stuff coming out each year. You just need to dig a little further than the latest Hollywood action blockbuster (heck, even they have some good music now and then).
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Want to increase activity here relative to other film music forums?

Simple... Attach this website to a business that has an active online clientele. This was how it worked for Film Score Monthly and MovieMusic.com (when it was an entity). Publish a periodical perhaps too.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good point. I doubt we're going to start up any label or record store anytime soon, though. Maybe we can make a business out of selling all those kazoos? smile
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Captain Future wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Demetris wrote

This! Mos def this !

Well there is highly interesting film music still being made. Not necessarily in Hollywood. But evern there the tide has turned again towards traditional symphonic scoring. Yet I add scores to my collection not so often anymore even if I like the music because so much similar music is already there. I guess I should refer to Spotify more often to keep me up to date. But lack of time is also an issue.

Volker

As I get older (not necessarily wiser) choosing how I divide my time becomes less and less of a problem. I'll always pick something that I know and that is on my mind as opposed to checking out a new score by someone that is just starting out. Lack of interest is probably more appropriate here. I just don't care anymore about lots that's coming out these days (also the films themselves). smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016 edited
    That's interesting, because I've had somewhat of an opposite evolution as I've gotten older (I think we're about the same age, Gilles). Back when I was a kid and teenager (and even young adult), I was mostly content with seeking out stuff I knew I liked and that was generally within my "comfort zone".

After I started my studies, however, and all the way up to this day, I've grown more and more interested in all kinds of films from all of history, and exploring both weird, contemporary arthouse flicks and mainstream Hollywood fare with equal enthusiasm. Same with film music too. It's not that I've lost a critical sense (I still know what I like and don't like), but I don't want to "miss out" on any potential good stuff, so I just keep exploring.
    I am extremely serious.