• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2019
    Captain Future wrote
    I rarely listen to new film music anymore. I'm mostly living in the past in that regard and I feel that I have said everything I have to say about that music. I still listen to a lot of electronic music and progressive rock, but that also is driven by nostalgia.

As James said, some discussions are running in circles and that doesn't seem very worthwhile.
    I still listen to albums though. The album is still the musical representation of the film for me.

smile

you mean you don't want to argue about whether Hans Zimmer is ruining film music or if James Horner copied himself too much? Whaaaaaat?
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  1. Aidabaida wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    I rarely listen to new film music anymore. I'm mostly living in the past in that regard and I feel that I have said everything I have to say about that music. I still listen to a lot of electronic music and progressive rock, but that also is driven by nostalgia.

As James said, some discussions are running in circles and that doesn't seem very worthwhile.
    I still listen to albums though. The album is still the musical representation of the film for me.

smile

you mean you don't want to argue about whether Hans Zimmer is ruining film music or if James Horner copied himself too much? Whaaaaaat?

What makes matter worse is that I am your typical "on one hand ... on the other hand" guy. In an internet world, where everything is discussed as either being black or white with religious zeal you get pushed aside if you are not ignored altogether.

Admittedly that about never happened on this board. In other places it's common practice.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2019
    Captain Future wrote

What makes matter worse is that I am your typical "on one hand ... on the other hand" guy. In an internet world, where everything is discussed as either being black or white with religious zeal you get pushed aside if you are not ignored altogether.

Admittedly that about never happened on this board. In other places it's common practice.

and its worse on sites with upvotes/downvotes where any unpopular opinion is just downvoted into oblivion.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  2. To be honest, I'd listen to the stuff I like rather argue about it, or beg for reissues of titles that I missed and generally confuse record labels with charitable bodies...

To be honest the FSM message board running gags are the equivalent of the comic strips in Private Eye, i.e. Stopped being funny years ago... if they ever were. I don't mind tweeting about it...
    Plus I have a huge backlog of stuff to listen to that built up while I was in hospital... and to be honest I still get new releases. maybe I'll participate more when I'm caught up..