• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I am definitely waiting for a longer while to write my "love of film music" post.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2021
    Great to see so many threads active again. Not sure I'll be able to jump in, but I'll try in a few days!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2021 edited
    I have to admit, I did kind of leave this forum when posts became almost non-existent. It was sad because I originally didn't frequent any of the others. Then I found JWFan as my new posting ground but it isn't the same; I like to think of myself as one of the originals of Main Titles.

But I love this sudden growth in activity! I'm busy but I will sincerely try.. because this was always the only place I wanted to be!
  2. Glad that everyone's game to still join in when they have the time! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2021
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I am definitely waiting for a longer while to write my "love of film music" post.

You mean longer than the one you already wrote?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    I have to admit, I did kind of leave this forum when posts became almost non-existent. It was sad because I originally didn't frequent any of the others. Then I found JWFan as my new posting ground but it isn't the same; I like to think of myself as one of the originals of Main Titles.

You sure are! You don't belong at JWFAN. Neither do I, really. As much as he's my favourite composer. We belong here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thor wrote
    LSH wrote

You sure are! You don't belong at JWFAN. Neither do I, really. As much as he's my favourite composer. We belong here.

I like this post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2021
    Alright, that was me bumping a whole lot of threads (that I found interesting) from 2007 and 2008 in an effort to revive the new ebbing of activity. I was hoping for one more week of energy. Managed to make it from page 202 to 180. Will delve back into the archives later.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2021
    Yeah I noticed.
  3. Some of the threads you picked take too much creative energy (like the story one) for me but I'll try to comment on a few. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2021
    I can understand that. No posting required. But is it annoying or fun? If it's the former, I'll stop ressurecting immediately. I only choose those that I find interesting, and not more than max 10 at a time.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    I can understand that. No posting required. But is it annoying or fun? If it's the former, I'll stop ressurecting immediately. I only choose those that I find interesting, and not more than max 10 at a time.

I think that it's fun.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Thor wrote

Continue please, some good "forgotten" topics buried underneath it all
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Good effort Thor for posting new content. I will get to responding to them when I get the chance.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2021 edited
    Yup, ressurected 9 more threads. I'm at page 140 now, counting downwards (I tend to scour 20 pages at a time). Will keep it going for as long as I have the stamina. It's usually Fridays that allow for this (when there is no Zoom meeting).

I also have this GREAT idea for a "Guess the Score" game. Will get to it when I get the time.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote
    Yup, ressurected 9 more threads. I'm at page 140 now, counting downwards (I tend to scour 20 pages at a time). Will keep it going for as long as I have the stamina. It's usually Fridays that allow for this (when there is no Zoom meeting).

I also have this GREAT idea for a "Guess the Score" game. Will get to it when I get the time.

Thanks for your efforts Thor. It's interesting to read some of these resurrected threads.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2021
    OK, now I've gone through ALL 200+ pages of threads, and ressurected the ones I found interesting. I could obviously go back and ressurect more, but let's see how this works out first. It's interesting to note that in the early/mid 2010s, most new threads were PR threads by cinemediapromo, not many new threads created by the membership. So that's where the big drop-out happened, for whatever reason.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Sorry to have been so absent lately.
    Still going through my move

Takes more time then planned, and also some small hiccups along the way (currently without heating or warm water because the eggheads of my company decided to turn off the gas, in the middle of winter). And don't think you're getting in through contact center because everybody's calling about the prices nowadays. Gonna call back on Monday (it's something to do about my previous tenant having a budget meter) and it seems they don't think I should have that either biggrin

But it will get better

Let's hope we have the zoom meeting next weekend?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2022 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Let's hope we have the zoom meeting next weekend?

Yes, I know we were supposed to, but we might have to postpone it two weeks. I'm really sorry about that, but I'm absolutely swamped. Just returned from Tromsø (the film festival) and need to produce three podcasts, two articles, a web seminar and other personal stuff. January is crazy.

But I can see how the week progresses -- if I feel I'm on schedule, we can do a short-notice meeting on Friday, for those who can. No FSM, just us. I'l let you know on Thursday.

Hope you sort out the gas situation!
    I am extremely serious.