• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    What a score!!! (okay, maybe its old news for some of you, but I just discovered it)

People, check this one out (I think its download only, Itunes or you can rip it off the game for a complete 2 cd version), its more diverse and complex than Cutthroat Island. I love especially the first 20 seconds of the "Asylia" track. (epic, grand and romantic at the same time.) Some tracks have that "complete" feel to it, with that I mean that the track has a special melodic idea in it and it has a beginning and an end. (just like the Asteriod Field of "the Empire Strikes Back".

Very nice and I didn't know that Debney could write such complex stuff.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    http://www.streamupload.com/download.as … 8129223540

I made a little excerpt of that Asylia cue I just mentioned... see above.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Yes it's tons of fun. But it's distracting to hear Williams' "Duel of the Fate", Horner's Zorro/Troy theme and four-note danger motif, and even Philip Glass' minimalism strings ( in the 2-CD game rip version only) in this so-called "original score".

And it makes me especially sad to think that maybe tens years later, John "temp-track" Debney perhaps would be one of the very few composers alive that are able to write full-orchestral bombastic scores in Hollywood...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I also found some similarities with Beltrami's Hellboy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    There are many "borrowings" in this score.
    But it's all so good! A very enjoyable piece of work by Debney. Quite huge really!
    Anybody know if there will be a CD release?
    The sound quallity is a distraction due to the MP3 quallity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Talos wrote

Listen to the Passion Symphony. Then you'll know wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    Talos wrote

Listen to the Passion Symphony. Then you'll know wink

.....and PASSION OF THE CHRIST original score. You'll then know even better wink Oh and did i mention the mind-blowing DRAGONFLY?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, so Dragonfly is actually good? I must have my free copy of it from Spain lying around somewhere...

Jeez, I've had it since July and I've never listened to it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Put it in, listen to the last track first! Loud!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Shouldn't this be discussed in the following thread.
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … y/#Item_30

Yes/No?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, in the beginning, when we were discussing with Bregt and Martijn the fundamentals of the new forum, we agreed that it would be ok for big, specific subjects to be allowed to people to open new threads about them, moderated and controlled of course and i think that's the kind of cases we were talking about. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does anyone here have a complete copy of Lair that ISN'T the awful line rip?! confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Does anyone here have a complete copy of Lair that ISN'T the awful line rip?! confused

I´m afraid the only complete Lair score is the one ripped from the game, as far as I know. If not, I´ll be happy to know too.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And when you say ripped I assume you mean the line-in version? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I´m not sure what "line-in" means, but I could bet the answer is yes. tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    He means in game. There only CD version of the score is a 5 track promo. The rest is all iTunes or game rips at lower quality.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. just to comment on things, there's standing a review ready of Lair if we start with our new review section soon. wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Yay, bring on the review bro, so I expect a 4-star rating, and a detailed rundown of all tracks, and finally some references to Debney's other masterpiece, you know the one punk , BTW should you ever want the custom cover I made for Lair, say the word.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Yay, bring on the review bro, so I expect a 4-star rating, and a detailed rundown of all tracks, and finally some references to Debney's other masterpiece, you know the one punk , BTW should you ever want the custom cover I made for Lair, say the word.

Hehe, at least someone's interested in my review biggrin
    Send it and I'll see then, the original cover doesn't bring a refference anyway to the name of John Debney
    As for the tracks, I did my best running down with every signle thing I picked up wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yay, bring on the review bro, so I expect a 4-star rating, and a detailed rundown of all tracks, and finally some references to Debney's other masterpiece, you know the one punk , BTW should you ever want the custom cover I made for Lair, say the word.

"the word"
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008 edited
    Here ya go, Scribe and Tommy, front and back covers.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5159 … ontzw0.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/970/lairbackbj9.jpg
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2008 edited
    Thanks for this covers!

I joined this threath to ask for the back cover...But What a surprise! It's already done!

wink

Any cover with the complete from the game rip?

(The front cover was the original one I have done, but I found another front cover with a better scope, Let me searh for show you)
  4. Nautilus wrote
    Thanks for this covers!

I joined this threath to ask for the back cover...But What a surprise! It's already done!

wink

Any cover with the complete from the game rip?

(The front cover was the original one I have done, but I found another front cover with a better scope, Let me searh for show you)

My brother made it himself, and I must say he did an impressive job with it
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    Man this score kicks some major arse!

Serpent Strait is probably my favorite track. It kicks so much butt. Both Serpent Strait and Firestorm are some of the best action tracks I've heard this year.

This is such a full score, it combines so many genres into one score, you have epic/adventure, you have dramatic cues, ethnic writing, it truly is one of the best of 2007 in general, not just video game scores.

It just goes to show, never underestimate video game scores, no matter how bad the reviews for the game were.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    Someone needs to do a better line-in rip than the one that's out at the moment. The game even has the whole music player built in. If I had a PS3 I think I'd buy the game just to record the music.
  5. Great covers DreamTheater wink thanks for posting them!!
    so many scores... and not enough time... | http://soundtracklist.net
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2009
    Apparently it's back on Itunes for US users.