• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Listen up... http://www.quartetrecords.com/ is releasing:

A Passage to India - EXPANDED (Jarre)
    The Beastmaster - 2CD (Holdridge)
    Private Life of Sherlock Holmes (Rosza)

Thought you might like to know.

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  2. http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s/#Item_24
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Whoops... sorry mate! sleep
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013
    Synchrotones wrote
    Listen up... http://www.quartetrecords.com/ is releasing:

A Passage to India - EXPANDED (Jarre)
    The Beastmaster - 2CD (Holdridge)
    Private Life of Sherlock Holmes (Rosza)

Thought you might like to know.

<s>

Nothing that I don't currently have.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2013
    A new compilation album performed by the Royal Philarmonic album. This one has Key Largo, Ryan's Daughter, A Fistful of Dollars, Rear Window, Never on Sunday, Shane, The Lost Weekend, Wuthering Heights, Captains Courageous, A Passage to India, Chinatown, and The Gunfight at O.K. Corral. My favorite is the jazz oriented Rear Window composed by Waxman and arranged by Christopher Palmer. Key Largo (Max Steiner) is another favorite as they used the Gerhardt arrangement.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2013
    sdtom wrote
    A new compilation album performed by the Royal Philarmonic album. This one has Key Largo, Ryan's Daughter, A Fistful of Dollars, Rear Window, Never on Sunday, Shane, The Lost Weekend, Wuthering Heights, Captains Courageous, A Passage to India, Chinatown, and The Gunfight at O.K. Corral. My favorite is the jazz oriented Rear Window composed by Waxman and arranged by Christopher Palmer. Key Largo (Max Steiner) is another favorite as they used the Gerhardt arrangement.
    Tom smile

This is to be my next reviewed item.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2013/12/25/g … composers/

The review of the RPO material. I think that Thor would be intrigued with Captains Courageous, and Rear Window.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013
    REAR WINDOW is a fine score, of course (although there isn't much music in the film), but I'm curious about CAPTAIN COURAGEOUS. As a Waxman buff, there are still quite a few titles left that I haven't explored.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2013
    Thor wrote
    REAR WINDOW is a fine score, of course (although there isn't much music in the film), but I'm curious about CAPTAIN COURAGEOUS. As a Waxman buff, there are still quite a few titles left that I haven't explored.

You should take a chance. It is a pleasant listen as you get a lot of Palmer arrangements.
    Tom
  4. Did anyone listen to the new Vangelis remasters? (Heaven and Hell; Albedo 0.39; Spiral; Apokalypse ...; Direct) Is there a noticable improvement of sound?

I bought the Chariots of Fire remaster back in 2006 and for the life of me could not tell any difference to the original release. Even MediaPlayer thought this was the orginal Cd because the duration of the cues was exactely the same.

So I am a bit cautious to spend money on things I already have.

Oh, and boy, did they really throw yet another best-of-album? They really do one every two years, do they?

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014
    Just got four new releases from La-La Land. Expanded version of Empire of the Sun, Addams Family, Altered States, and D.A.R.Y.L. Listening to the expanded version of Empire right now. This is a two CD set.
    Tom smile
  5. I didn't like the original Williams release and this new set doesn't change that opinion.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I didn't like the original Williams release and this new set doesn't change that opinion.

shocked

Say what? You don't like EMPIRE OF THE SUN?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014 edited
    shocked

The film and score are criminally underrated.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked

The film and score are criminally underrated.

-Erik-

yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Agreed definitely.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I didn't like the original Williams release and this new set doesn't change that opinion.

shocked

That is correct.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2014
    There was some interest in the film as it did garner six nominations by the Academy including a nod to Williams for the score.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

shocked

That is correct.

Well, to each their own.

I'm just surprised because it's probably the first time I've met anyone who has expressed a dislike towards this film and score.

(of course, I won't be buying the expansion myself, but that is for reasons you're all already aware of).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No we're not. Please tell us Thunderer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...what could it be?
    I am extremely serious.
  8. That's plain and clear: You have invested all your money in beer and potato crisps. Hence you just can't buy any new CDs right now. cheesy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Captain has your number Thunderer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If you just go according to time it amounts to 50 minutes of additional material.
    Tom smile
  9. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

shocked

That is correct.

Well, to each their own.

I'm just surprised because it's probably the first time I've met anyone who has expressed a dislike towards this film and score.

You obviously don't mix with the 'right' people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What....you're saying there's a secret underground society of people who hate EMPIRE OF THE SUN? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think I've only listened to the original Empire of the Sun album once. I love the three tracks on the Boston Pops albums though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014
    We all can't like everything
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014
    Getting a new release in SACD of Dvorak music from Reference Recordings.
    Tom