• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Lakeshore Records is releasing Ben Lovett's score to "The Signal".

(I have no idea who he is)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. New release of Intrada, I quite liked it in the film (which is a nice adaptation for once of Stephen King), Curry rules in this one

IT (2CD)

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 184
    Date: 1990
    Tracks: 42
    Time = 98:31

Treat for horror movie soundtrack fans! 2-CD world premiere release of complete Emmy-winning score for mammoth 1990 two-part mini-series drawn from powerhouse Stephen King novel, directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, starring Richard Thomas, Richard Masur, Annette O'Toole, Tim Curry. While composer Richard Bellis anchors with diabolical idea for twisted clown Pennywise, Bellis creates amazingly rich symphonic tapestry that covers small-town Americana setting, rituals of boys-into-men spanning some 30 years, confrontations with fear, spectacular showdowns with evil. Gorgeous trumpet during Americana segments just one highlight, dizzying array of electronics during scary sequences another highlight, powerful orchestral excitement of final Spider battle yet another. Providing fine feather in his cap, Bellis' score was first TV horror film score to nab coveted Emmy as "Best Dramatic Underscore for Miniseries or Special". Rich, multi-layered - and ambitious - score is certainly worthy of award! Intrada presents entire score in dynamic stereo from two-track digital scoring session masters courtesy Warner Bros. Entertainment. Informative notes by Dan Schweiger, vivid graphics by Joe Sikoryak complete exciting 2-CD package. Richard Bellis conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while interest and quantities remain!

CD 1 "IT" Part I
    01. Main Title I 1:52
    02. Enter The Clown 3:04
    03. Georgie Dies 4:17
    04. Ben Gets The News 0:51
    05. Punks 2:18
    06. I Hate It Here 1:53
    07. Bedroom Jazz Source 2:24
    08. The Slap 1:45
    09. Die If You Try 4:02
    10. Richie's Talk Show Play-Off 0:34
    11. The Beast - First Encounter 2:05
    12. Mike Remembers 0:58
    13. Mike Joins The Group 5:07
    14. Pennywise 0:39
    15. Circus Source 1:10
    16. Target Practice 2:51
    17. The Sewer Hole 3:13
    18. Stan Gets Nabbed 4:27
    19. The Fog 3:25
    20. The Pact 1:43
    21. Stan's Suicide 0:50
    22. End Credits I 1:00

CD 1 Total Time 50:53

CD 2 "IT" Part II
    01. Main Title Part II 1:51
    02. The Graves 1:48
    03. Library Balloons 2:53
    04. Ben's Flashback 0:35
    05. Skeleton On The Pond 0:40
    06. Guillory's Muzak 1:27
    07. Hydrox 2:49
    08. Audra 1:45
    09. Fortune Cookie 1:54
    10. Silver Flyer 2:22
    11. Leftover Stan 1:52
    12. Henry And Belch 2:20
    13. Every Thirty Years 1:56
    14. Audra Arrives 2:02
    15. This Time It's For Real 4:26
    16. The Smell Of Death 1:59
    17. Something's Coming 4:00
    18. The Spider's Web 5:11
    19. Hi Ho Silver 4:33
    20. End Credits Part II 1:00

CD 2 Total Time 47:38
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Quite a good made for TV horror film. Very truthful to the novel, one of the few I've read.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011 edited
    I don't remember it that well but I do remember thinking it was quite faithful to the novel, nowhere near as creepy though, but then each individual will read and conjure their own images.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. It wasn't creepy especially if you take into account it was made for TV, but it had a wonderful ensemble cast and good performances (both the young and older actors).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011
    I didn't make myself clear, I was talking about the book, the book was very creepy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote
    I didn't make myself clear, I was talking about the book, the book was very creepy.

the book was indeed creepier than the film, but there were some scenes that definitely scared me. I recommend the movie and of course book
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think Pet Sematary was his scariest book, if you haven't read that I highly recommend it.

Do not watch the film, it's rubbish!
  6. Timmer wrote
    I think Pet Sematary was his scariest book, if you haven't read that I highly recommend it.

Do not watch the film, it's rubbish!

sadly, I'm not a reader at all. I hate reading. I'm surprised I've actually IT and MEG, the only 2 books I've written since school. No matter the brilliance of books, I hate reading shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    MEG? Is that the one about the prehistoric shark? I've had the misfortune to read that! slant

I congratulate you on writing one decent novel though biggrin wink
  7. Timmer wrote
    MEG? Is that the one about the prehistoric shark? I've had the misfortune to read that! slant

reading one decent novel you mean wink

Well, I thought MEG (indeed the giant prehistoric shark) was quite fun and easy to read. Never read the sequel though
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    It wasn't creepy especially if you take into account it was made for TV, but it had a wonderful ensemble cast and good performances (both the young and older actors).

For me, clowns are inherrently creepy. I assume I am not alone feeling this way as King used a clown in IT.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't know any history on it? I wonder when Clowns were first considered creepy and frightening?

I have never found clowns funny.
  9. Timmer wrote
    I don't know any history on it? I wonder when Clowns were first considered creepy and frightening?

I have never found clowns funny.

Found this on Wikipedia:

"In the Space To Care study aimed at improving hospital design for children, researchers from the University of Sheffield polled 250 children regarding their opinions on clowns;[9] all 250 children in the study, whose ages ranged between four and sixteen, reported that they found clowns frightening and disliked clowns as part of hospital decor."
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Remember IT from my late teens (I saw it a few years after it came out). Pretty scary, but not in the league of other King adaptations like THE SHINING.

I can't remember anything of the music, however.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote

Me neither. And listening to the clips it doesn't really stand out as anything more than a above-average TV score.
  11. Timmer wrote

That's easy!

1982, Poltergeist.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Me neither. And listening to the clips it doesn't really stand out as anything more than a above-average TV score.

even if I barely remember the show one thing I always remember is whether I thought the score was good or not with the standouts landing on the side of GREAT/BAD, anything in the middle is forgotten.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

Well, I thought MEG (indeed the giant prehistoric shark) was quite fun and easy to read. Never read the sequel though

"reading?" No! I definitely meant "writing", re-check your original post out wink

...and MEG

.....there's a sequel??? dizzy moon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's easy!

1982, Poltergeist.

They were creepy wayyyyy before that, you'll have to do better.
  12. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

"reading?" No! I definitely meant "writing", re-check your original post out wink

<checks bro's post above>

biggrin tongue
  13. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's easy!

1982, Poltergeist.

Well yes for sure, but it's the first one that made me freak out totally where clowns are concerned.

It's Jerry's contribution in that scene, in all honesty... I still get shivers from that sequence. freezing
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's easy!

1982, Poltergeist.

Well yes for sure, but it's the first one that made me freak out totally where clowns are concerned.

It's Jerry's contribution in that scene, in all honesty... I still get shivers from that sequence. freezing

None of them beat the horror of real life killer clown John Wayne Gacy, look it up if you can stomach it.
  14. You mean Pogo the clown? A bit of a Joker no?
  15. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

...and MEG

.....there's a sequel??? dizzy moon

crap, you're right biggrin

and about the sequel books, apparently he did a bunch shocked
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Alten
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    You mean Pogo the clown? A bit of a Joker no?

Apparently his last words were "kiss my ass" before being given a lethal injection.
  16. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    You mean Pogo the clown? A bit of a Joker no?

Apparently his last words were "kiss my ass" before being given a lethal injection.

lol

That's hilarious !!! A joker until the end.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011 edited
    A shame he didn't go to his death wimpering for mercy as likely did many of his child victims, the man was human filth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's an insult to human filth.

Gilles, I don't see how that's funny. slant
  17. Oh I'm immature like that sometimes. Not all the time. shame

It isn't funny now that I think about it, I apologise to those I offended.