• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    Composer Chris P. Bacon scored SPACE CHIMPS, his first animated feature film, with a large ensemble of the Hollywood Studio Symphony at the Sony Scoring Stage. It's an exciting and rousing action-adventure score, and ScoringSessions.com has the exclusive photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/121/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Mr Bacon has his own Main Titles Thread!

Let the jokes continue! smile

Poor guy....what did he do to his parents??? Does he include the initial for fun?
  1. Ahhh, Chrispy Bacon has done his first replacement score. And I was looking forward to the original!!!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just had to check the date wasn't April 1st. spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wow, I thought that name was a joke. He's actually a real person!? shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Cool name (no really, I love bacon!). The irony would be if he was a vegetarian!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    Wow, I thought that name was a joke. He's actually a real person!? shocked

He's JNH's assistant, still, I think, and he and Blake Neely wrote additional music for King Kong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I heard that they only put Bacon's name on this score for legal reasons...most of it was actually written by Kelvin Wheelbarrow.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited
    Let's talk about something else here, not only his name wink

He scored Waking Sleeping Beauty, a documentary film about Disney's animation renaissance of the ‘80s and ‘90s.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 … 6&cs=1
    After graduating from USC's scoring program in 2005, composer Chris Bacon worked under prolific film composer James Newton Howard. His first major motion picture score was for 2008's CG-animated "Space Chimps," and he recently finished mixing the score for "Waking Sleeping Beauty," a documentary about the history of Disney's modern age of animation that will hit the fest circuit in the fall.

Directed by Don Hahn, the documentary outlines the studio's animation history from the mid-'70s through the mid-'90s. Because Disney is almost synonymous with animation, Bacon had to create a score around some very well-known and extremely catchy pre-existing material.

Those two decades of Disney animation feature the work of tunesmiths Alan Menken, Howard Ashman and Elton John, causing Bacon's score to weave itself around clips of songs like "Be Our Guest" and "Hakuna Matata."

Bacon's approach to pre-existing music? Leave it alone.

"That music tells a different story," Bacon explains. "The music I was writing wasn't trying to be that music, it wasn't trying to surpass it or imitate it. My work needed to have its own voice in the movie, not be a part of a previously existing score."

He found composing around the film's dialogue more of a challenge.

"The film is mostly dialogue, so the story needed a motor in certain parts to move it along," says Bacon. "I started by writing motors and associating them with different players and time periods, trying not to be as dramatic with them as I would on an animated or narrative movie."

He admits it wasn't always an easy task. "The music had to support the dialogue, but also be out of the way enough that it wasn't competing for sonic space."

Having worked with Bacon on Disney's feature-length doc "Earth," Hahn knew exactly what the composer would bring to the table.

"Music is really everything to me," explains Hahn. "In terms of storytelling, I feel it's one of the biggest tools we have. And Chris writes emotions more than he writes music."

p.s. Spot Hans Zimmer on this trailer biggrin
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/wa … ingbeauty/
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    I still can't believe that this name is not a pseudonym.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maybe Mr & Mrs Bacon have a warped sense of humour?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    I still can't believe that this name is not a pseudonym.

I refuse to believe it isn't.

Come on... Chris P. Bacon!?
    Sure. Sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    Let's face it. There's nothing more interesting than talking about his name.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Unless he plays golf with Dick Trickle and Thomas Wanker ..... then there might be something more interesting.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    biggrin
  3. A fresh, crispy site comin' soon for the composer:

http://chrisbaconmusic.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    Seriously; someone tell him to change his name.
  4. I have to ask - I can't pass up the opportunity.

What is his nationality? Danish?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010 edited
    "ouch!" Alan's on a good streak, sizzling form biggrin
  5. Extra crispy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011
    SOURCE CODE

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Original-M … bsnr_42_85
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    More sound clips
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … URCE-CODE/
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011
    You can listen to an interview with Chris Bacon at www.filmmusicsite.com.
    He talks about his period as an assistant with JNH and about Source Code!!
  6. Two-art audio interview; says added two weeks ago, so I guess new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPd35vLD4VQ
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    Saw Source Code tonight and heard the score for the first time. VERY impressed with both. It was really refreshing to hear a decent sized orchestral score in a movie like this. It's quite similar to John Powell's score to Paycheck.

Enjoyed it a lot, and my favourite score of 2011 so far. Will definitely be keeping my eye on what else Chris does!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The opening cue, as it stands now, it the best cue written in 2011. Stunning!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Totally agree, wrote this somewhere else a week back:

The opening cue of SOURCE CODE by CHRIS P BACON is really impressive; powerful, orchestral, with dense arrangements and surprisingly lots of woodwinds....actually the use of woodwinds and brass is what makes the score sound fresh but it gradually goes downhill from the 6th piece onward and lags terribly in the mid section but i've yet to hear the ending of the cd and of course watch the movie to see how it works in there. There are some pretty good cues in there, but i really don't understand the notion to cover perfectly good music with electronics in efforts to make it sound "hip" and "modern" which usually ends up in disaster.

Symphonic, old-school great film music.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If the album is chronological it will get good again at the end, D. But in the movie the score is consistently good. Will give the soundtrack a listen today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is the movie good? His first movie, moon, was very impressive.