• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Featuring Music by James Horner and Simon Franglen

Available September 16, 2016

Sony Classical proudly announces the release of The Magnificent Seven (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), featuring music by James Horner and Simon Franglen. The soundtrack will be available on CD and digital formats on September 16th 2016. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures’ and Columbia Pictures’ in association with LStar Capital and Village Roadshow Pictures’ upcoming film The Magnificent Seven will arrive in theatres nationwide on Friday, September 23rd 2016.

ABOUT JAMES HORNER
    Having composed the music for more than 130 film and television productions, including dozens of the most memorable and successful films of the past three decades, James Horner was one of the world’s most prolific and celebrated film composers. Horner earned two Academy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards for his music for James Cameron’s Titanic (Best Original Score and the Best Original Song “My Heart Will Go On”), eight Academy Award nominations, five Golden Globe nominations, and won six Grammy awards. Known for his stylistic diversity, his film credits included Titanic (the largest selling instrumental score album in history, having sold more than 27 million copies worldwide), Avatar, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Braveheart, Legends of the Fall, Glory, Field of Dreams and Star Treks II and III. The Magnificent Seven was Horner's final film project.

ABOUT SIMON FRANGLEN
    Grammy-winning and Golden Globe-nominated Simon Franglen is a composer most recognized for his collaborations on the scores for four of the top grossing films of all time. He worked on the multiple award-winning James Cameron films Avatar and Titanic and the critically acclaimed James Bond thrillers Skyfall and Spectre. Franglen also contributed music to the score for Terrence Malick’s Voyage of Time, starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, premiering at the 2016 Venice Film Festival. In addition to composing music for film, Simon has over four hundred music credits working with pop, classical, and R&B artists, such as Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Celine Dion, Luciano Pavarotti and Madonna. Franglen was also commissioned to compose a sky-breaking, 3-dimensional immersive symphonic suite for the Shanghai Tower, which is the tallest building in Asia. Simon has an impressive career, working with Hollywood’s most renowned composers, including John Barry, Howard Shore, Thomas Newman, Alan Silvestri, and most notably James Horner. Franglen and Horner had a very close working relationship, having collaborated on major films such as Titanic, Avatar, The Amazing Spider-Man, Karate Kid and Southpaw. Simon won a Grammy Award for Record of the Year for the smash hit “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic, and received Golden Globe, Grammy Award and World Soundtrack Award nominations for co-writing and producing the theme song “I See You” from Avatar. Franglen is a visiting professor at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music. Simon resides in England and Los Angeles.

About his work on The Magnificent Seven, Franglen says: “Composer James Horner was a close friend and music hero of mine. I was fortunate to work on at least a dozen of his films, including the monumental Titanic and Avatar. In the Spring of 2015, as we finished the score to Southpaw, director Antoine Fuqua and James were engaged in discussions about The Magnificent Seven, which was to be their next collaboration. In approaching The Magnificent Seven, James knew he’d have to write a score that related to Elmer Bernstein’s much-loved theme for the 1960 original, but he also knew that the film scoring language of that older film was not going to work in this modern retelling of Akira Kurosawa’s masterpiece Seven Samurai. The challenges energized James; we met in London and he excitedly started working on themes while Antoine was beginning to film with his remarkable cast in Louisiana. A week later tragedy struck. James died in a private plane accident.

We were devastated. In the aftermath, I couldn’t stop thinking about the powerful themes that were James’ final compositions. It seemed inconceivable that this music would never be heard. I was not alone with those thoughts. James’ trusted group of collaborators (including music editors Jim Henrikson and Joe E. Rand, and orchestrator

J.A.C. Redford) were unanimous in encouraging [James’ longtime music scoring engineer] Simon Rhodes and me to finish prepping the London themes so they could be presented to Antoine. A couple weeks later I was on the set of The Magnificent Seven playing the music to the astonished director, who was overwhelmed by this unexpected gift from his departed friend, a gift that so perfectly ‘got’ the essence of the movie that Antoine was making, without having ever seen a frame of it.

From there, it was a nine-month process of finishing the film and the score, with all the filmmakers and musicians coming from a place of love and respect for James’ music. I hope you can hear the outpouring of goodwill that everyone involved has shown, from the passion that the orchestra put into every note, to the support that Antoine, Roger Birnbaum and MGM have shown throughout the process. I believe that the music as it has been completed reflects James Horner’s spirit. As you listen, remember James, and as he would have always insisted, hear the soul of the film in the score.”

The track list of The Magnificent Seven (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) is as follows:

• Rose Creek Oppression
    • Seven Angels of Vengeance
    • Lighting the Fuse
    • Volcano Springs
    • Street Slaughter
    • Devil in the Church
    • Chisolm Enrolled
    • Magic Trick
    • Robicheaux Reunion
    • A Bear in People's Clothes
    • Red Harvest

• Town Exodus - Knife Training

• 7 Days, that's all You Got
    • So Far So Good
    • Sheriff Demoted
    • Pacing the Town
    • The Deserter
    • Bell Hangers
    • Army Invades Town
    • Faraday's Ride
    • Horne Sacrifice
    • The Darkest Hour
    • House of Judgment
    • Seven Riders
    • The Magnificent 7 – Elmer Bernstein (on digital version only)

Sony Music Masterworks comprises Masterworks, Sony Classical, OKeh, Portrait, Masterworks Broadway and Flying Buddha imprints. For email updates and information please visit www.sonymusicmasterworks.com/.

ABOUT THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN
    Director Antoine Fuqua brings his modern vision to a classic story in The Magnificent Seven, presented by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures and Columbia Pictures in association with LStar Capital and Village Roadshow Pictures. With the town of Rose Creek under the deadly control of industrialist Bartholomew Bogue (Peter Sarsgaard), the desperate townspeople, led by Emma Cullen (Haley Bennett), employ protection from seven outlaws, bounty hunters, gamblers and hired guns – Sam Chisolm (Denzel Washington), Josh Faraday (Chris Pratt), Goodnight Robicheaux (Ethan Hawke), Jack Horne (Vincent D’Onofrio), Billy Rocks (Byung-Hun Lee), Vasquez (Manuel Garcia-Rulfo), and Red Harvest (Martin Sensmeier). As they prepare the town for the violent showdown that they know is coming, these seven mercenaries find themselves fighting for more than money. The screenplay is by Nic Pizzolatto and Richard Wenk. The film is produced by Roger Birnbaum and Todd Black.

On September 23, 2016, justice has a number. #Mag7
    This film is not yet rated by the Motion Picture Association of America.

For updates, please visit https://www.facebook.com/Mag7Movie/.

###

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter