• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Maybe you have a CD (or even CDs) in your collection featuring music from some production that likely most of us have never heard of.

My entry here would be the music for the 1982 Czech TV show Návštěvníci; German: Expedition Adam '84 (East) / Die Besucher (West).

The show was produced by Ota Hofman and Jindrich Polak of Barrandov Studios, Prague, who co-produced a number of popular shows with German television back then.

Karel Svoboda composed a catchy electronica title theme and a nice underscore for the series. He was a well established composer for children's programs in eastern and central Europe. Sadly he took his own live in 2007.

The music was released on LP but I never knew it when I was little and only found out about it when the internet arrived. Much later Polydor released the music on CD exclusively in Czechia. I learned about that by chance. No German vendor would sell the CD. No English language online vendor in Czechia to be found. I knew the CD was there but I couldn't get my hands on it. crazy

Well, relatives of mine, who live in Bavaria and have friends in Czechia finally managed to obtain the CD. Later I was able to purchase a second hand copy. I keep each copy in different locations. smile

Any such stories to share?

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. So this example is obscure because no one could easily get a hold of the CD as well as knowing nothing about the TV show?

Do you have any examples of a CD that's more widely available that has gone under everyone's radar?

As for my example, just take a look over on my blog - https://reelmusic.wordpress.com - because I am frequently being reminded of my own obscure discoveries!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Yes. This is not so much about pointing out CDs that others might want to buy, though that might be a nice side effect. I am interested in those searching and tracking down stories.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2016
    How about Pursued, by Max Steiner
    listen to more classical music!