• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. LAKESHORE RECORDS PRESENTS
    DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS - ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music by Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL)

(November 22, 2016 – Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release the DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS - Original Soundtrack digitally on December 2 and on vinyl in early 2017. The album features the original music by Junkie XL (DEADPOOL, MAD MAX: FURY ROAD). DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS, the second feature in Red Bull Media House’s THE UNRIDEABLES franchise starring surfer Ian Walsh goes on sale across platforms December 2.

Distance Between Dreams captures the energy of one of the most historic surf seasons on record through Walsh’s eyes, pairing vivid cinematography, with an immersive custom score by Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL. The Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum producer, musician, and composer uses a mix of modern aesthetic, and analog synthesizers to capture the essence of riding big waves with elegance and drama.

"Trying to tell Ian's story was a tremendous learning experience for me," said Holkenborg. "Surfing is a dangerous, solitary, and very noble pursuit, and I think the majority of people are unaware of just how athletic guys like Ian are. The work he has to put in and out of the water is tremendous. The ocean is a magical place, but it’s also dangerous. Capturing Ian's spirit and the dichotomy of his environment is what is at the heart of this score."

Early in the process Holkenborg was inspired by Walsh's dedication, the sacrifices that he has made, and his unwavering commitment in and out of the water. A 'full contact composer' who composes and produces using analog equipment, Holkenborg immediately connected with Walsh's physical drive to survive and thrive paddling into massive, 40+ foot waves. He wanted to give viewers the experience of being in the ocean with the select handful of surfers that ride the biggest waves in the world. In tandem with the film’s state-of-the art cinematography, the score, using a mix of modern aesthetic and analog synthesizers captures the drama and elegance of the big wave amphitheater.

Holkenborg's other recent projects include Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Black Mass, Kill Your Friends, and Batman v Superman with Hans Zimmer. Forthcoming projects include Justice League and Dark Tower.

Red Bull Media House presents DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS available through digital platforms on December 2. Lakeshore Records will release the DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS - Original Soundtrack digitally on December 2 and on vinyl in early 2017.

# # #

Distance Between Dreams trailer: https://youtu.be/6_Re47ceo7Q
    www.DistanceBetweenDreams.com
    http://www.lakeshorerecords.com

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter

ABOUT JUNKIE XL
    Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, is a Grammy nominated and multi platinum producer, musician, and composer whose versatility puts him on the cutting edge of contemporary music, as well as in the vanguard of exciting new film composers. His illustrious career started in the 1993 when he started industrial rock band Nerv and was also producing hardcore and metal bands like Sepultura and Fear Factory. Drawn by electronic breakbeats he started Junkie XL in 1997 debuting with the album Saturday Teenage Kick. Holkenborg went on to produce 5 more albums under the moniker while playing headline shows all over the world. In 2002 the producer remixer scored a number 1 hit in 24 countries with his rework of “A Little Less Conversation”. Following the success Holkenborg collaborated with celebrated artists like Dave Gahan, Robert Smith, Chuck D, and remixed artists such as Coldplay, Depeche Mode, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and many more. In addition Holkenborg created the music for video games like Need For Speed, The Sims, and SSX and commercials for global campaigns like Nike, Heineken, Adidas, Cadillac and VISA.

In 2013, Holkenborg created the music for the Relativity Media film, Paranoia. Shortly after, he was brought in by Zack Snyder, producer of 300: Rise of an Empire. The momentum continued as Lionsgate, recognizing his talent, hired him for their new young adult film Divergent, based on Veronica’s Roth’s successful trilogy. Both movies gave Tom the honor of having worked on two worldwide box office Number 1’s in the span of two weeks of their release.
    Following the successful completion of 300 and Divergent, Oscar winning director George Miller and his team hired Tom for the brand new installment of the Mad Max franchise. Tom was also called in to score the small UK independent film Kill Your Friends and the Liam Neeson action thriller Run All Night. While working on these two films, his long friend and mentor Hans Zimmer asked him to take care of the Batman music parts in Batman vs Superman: DAWN OF JUSTICE. Holkenborg's other recent projects include the box office smash Deadpool and the critically acclaimed film Black Mass. Forthcoming projects include Justice League and Dark Tower.

About Red Bull Media House
    A global media company, Red Bull Media House produces, publishes, distributes and licenses high-quality sport, entertainment and educational programming from the areas of Sport & Lifestyle, Nature & Science and Tradition & Inspiration. Its product portfolio includes sport and lifestyle programming, documentaries, feature films, music, games and mobile apps, as well as print and online magazines, that fascinate and inspire audiences all over the world – through all media channels and on all types of devices. www.redbullmediahouse.com

About Freeride Entertainment
    Freeride Entertainment is an award-winning production company that specializes in high-tech production in the world’s most extreme conditions and challenging environments. Freeride’s creative team blends rich storytelling with cutting-edge camera and filmmaking technologies to produce fresh, captivating feature films, sport-culture documentaries, brand marketing campaigns, live sporting events, and reality television across all media platforms. www.freeride-entertainment.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016
    If you're a JXL critic (and I know there are plenty), then please do yourself a favour and check out this when it becomes available on Spotify and elsewhere!

It's a BRILLIANT score -- gorgeous, ambient, dreamy textures connoting the surf and waves. There is NO Zimmer influence here, and JXL finally gets to draw on his extensive background in electronica for a film score. It's very "pure", electronically, and I'm confident that it will at least please some of the naysayers.

I know I probably sound like a PR person with my applause for this and the recent Mansell score for BLACK MIRROR, but they really are two great scores -- right up my alley -- that happened to be released at the same time.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016
    Just checked the clips - this wasn't on my radar before, thanks for the heads up, it looks really interesting. Also love the long duration of tracks, almost like a concept album. Cool.