• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Shakey cam was fine with me, it was just the HUGE let down of the HUGE monster. rolleyes

Yeah that and the rescue operation in the skyscraper; even Ethan Hunt would have been impressed by its precision rolleyes
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    ^ Didn't really work for me. The piece as a whole is the wrong tone for the film. The big swelling strings you have during the first explosion doesn't work with the chaos on the screen. A few times you managed to pump the excitement level up with the music but overall it didn't work for me. I'm surprised you didn't use any of the iTunes exclusive music that's not heard in the end credits. 5:26 - 7:26. Even then Giacchino's piece is just far too cheesy for the images and editing style of the trailer.

-Erik-

the strings indeed are not exactly what they should do, but I needed the crashing of the orchestra when the fireballs went down

I think it works fine, but I can't seem to convince everyone wink

Ah well, there goes my dream of becoming an editor biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Hardly! You're trying to fit an end credits cue to not only a scene it wasn't meant for, but a movie with no music anyway! No wonder it's hard! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Try some Lost music with it? Would that work?
  2. Steven wrote

perhaps, but my point was to add music of the film to the trailer

if I start to toy with music that will fit the trailer the most, I would have gone with something more menacing smile
    Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Hardly! You're trying to fit an end credits cue to not only a scene it wasn't meant for, but a movie with no music anyway! No wonder it's hard! wink

I did add the music of Chicken Run to the trailer of Ice Age 2, and it is my best work so far, I'll upload it after Christmas if you guys would like that smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

I tried my own version but it just too hard to use only Giacchino's Cloverfiend music. I added in a bit of Horner's Brainstorm to mine but it still don't work. The original trailer is actually really good.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

I tried my own version but it just too hard to use only Giacchino's Cloverfiend music. I added in a bit of Horner's Brainstorm to mine but it still don't work. The original trailer is actually really good.

-Erik-

you mean the original one, with the brief SFX that cover as music? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

you mean the original one, with the brief SFX that cover as music? smile

I saw different trailers but I think they all did the same thing. No music, sound effects, lots of fast cuts. For a movie without music adding music to the trailer would have been a bit misleading.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    Both Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield were an absolute delight to me. Blair Witch was one of the scriest things I've seen in decades, and I absolutely loved the "Godzilla from the ground up" idea of Cloverfield.

However, I *did* see both flms on TV, as I too become physically nauseous by having to endure shaky-cam on the big screen.
    On TV it's no problem at all though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I saw CLOVERFIELD in a theatre the day after heavy drinking, and was seated near the front row. At least three times during the film, did I get out of the room to throw up, but fortunately managed to pull myself together each time. Lots of people left the theatre throughout the film, though, probably for the same reason.

I thought it was a very interesting idea and "concept", but a total misfire on the big screen. You lose ALL engrossment in the film itself and begin to think of your own body and when it's finished so you can get outta there!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can watch shaky cam alright, I just don't know what the hell is going of most of the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    I saw CLOVERFIELD in a theatre the day after heavy drinking, and was seated near the front row. At least three times during the film, did I get out of the room to throw up, but fortunately managed to pull myself together each time. Lots of people left the theatre throughout the film, though, probably for the same reason.

applause

I thought it was a very interesting idea and "concept", but a total misfire on the big screen. You lose ALL engrossment in the film itself and begin to think of your own body and when it's finished so you can get outta there!

I completely agree. That's why I make a point of watching these things on TV.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    On general rules, i am against shaky cams; I believe it takes a lot to make a proper and balanced , good shaky-cam movie, most directors seem to lack; in comparison with Tony Scott for one, most "shaky-cam" movies by younger directors who got the money and gear but not much more - look like the other kind of shaky movies which have...shaky things in them.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    On general rules, i am against shaky cams;

*cough [REC] cough* wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i did say "it takes a lot" and "on general rules"

General rules bear exceptions, [REC] is one brilliant example in which there was BALANCE. smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, i did say "it takes a lot" and "on general rules"

General rules bear exceptions, [REC] is one brilliant example in which there was BALANCE. smile

I know, just a little reminder for those who haven´t still watched it tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    And again: watched it on TV (which worked brilliantly...I think the medium is FAR better suited to that particular style).