• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Not sure how to explain this clearly but I need help in knowing how to connect a new Blu-ray player to my current set up (if it is actually possible). Currently, I am looking to get the improvements for the visuals Blu-ray offers over DVD but not necessarily the audio benefits (at the moment).

Currently, I have the DVD connected to an old NAD amplifier via stereo red/white connections. The amp looks like it can only take these red/white cables.

The Blu-ray player has one HDMI port and one coaxial cable port. I am assuming that with these available ports, the HDMI connects to the TV for the visuals but I need to try to use the coaxial connection with the red/white connection. Is this possible?

There may be a DTS connection available on the amp that is separate from the current red/white connections. Would this be an alternate route to connect the audio?

I know very little about this so what I have said here is probably as much as I know. Can anyone help?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn