• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016
    Just been announced that he's scoring Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant. Maybe he'll be the new Marc Streitenfeld.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Kurzel did some interesting things for THE BABADOOK and SLOW WEST. Haven't heard ASSASIN'S CREED. It's surely an intriguing choice.

By the way, the ALIEN: COVENANT trailer that was released a couple of days ago looks bloody fantastic! Can't wait.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The trailer is awful, but hopefully the film isn't. Ironically, Blade Runner 2049 looks a lot more promising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Slow West was a very nice score, lovely main theme! Is this the same person?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Slow west... where the skies are blue?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Slow West was a very nice score, lovely main theme! Is this the same person?

Yes. Great film too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2017
    Here is my review of Assassin's Creed for who is interested. It was quite a challenge to tell something about a score that is not that awesome and great. But I am very glad how it turned out.

http://soundtrackworld.com/2017/02/assa … eed-movie/

Thanks to Christopher for proofreading my sometimes horrible English sentences! :-)
  1. My pleasure smile. I think you did well highlighting some positive things from a score that you didn't enjoy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2017
    I really enjoyed your review for Assassin's Creed Caliburn.
    I'm certainly not won over by this score after one listen but I'm going to give it another spin after reading your thoughts. Thanks for the review!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Review of Alien: Covenant

http://www.movie-wave.net/alien-covenant/

I like this a fair bit more than you, but glad to see you're not totally dismissive, at least. I'm having a hell of a time trying to defend this from a few people over on FSM who've only heard a few of the tracks, yet somehow feel entitled to judge the whole thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I noticed... don't know why you bother really!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. But it's one of my pet subjects (i.e. people prejudging things), so I can't help myself.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Here's a post-judge review from Synchrotones about Alien Covenant.

Not to be confused with Alien: Coventry. rolleyes
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  3. Yes, yes, yes! The Aliens! That have been the Aliens! Whatever you might have heard about Coventry regarding the Germans was false news. It is false news. I saw it on Fox. Everything else is false news. It really is.

Ohhhhhh, wink
    What’s all that nonsense talk about dark matter or dark energy? We know perfectly well, what it is that binds the galaxy together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2017 edited
    Unexpectedly, “Chest Burster” is an incredibly pretty little cue, to the point I wondered whether it was labelled incorrectly.

I imagine it will be a bittersweet moment in the film. The heartbreaking separation between parent and child. Better take out the hankies now.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Unexpectedly, “Chest Burster” is an incredibly pretty little cue, to the point I wondered whether it was labelled incorrectly.

I imagine it will be a bittersweet moment in the film. The heartbreaking separation between parent and child. Better take out the hankies now.

biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh