• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. What fun idea! It will sure take you awhile! smile Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2019
    NP: The Monkey King - Christopher Young

It finally fell on my doormat. It is such a gem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2019
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    What fun idea! It will sure take you awhile! smile Enjoy!

I do this periodically with my favourite composers -- Williams, Elfman, Goldenthal, Horner, Zimmer, in particular. It's great to follow the evolution of a composer this way.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    I do this periodically with my favourite composers -- Williams, Elfman, Goldenthal, Horner, Zimmer, in particular. It's great to follow the evolution of a composer this way.

Neat! I don't know why I've never thought to listen in this way. Do you find you appreciate each score less though? Since some can sound quite similar when back to back, especially if a composer is asked to replicate a sound or is stuck in a creativity rut. Like Goldsmith's The 13th Warrior and The Mummy both from the same year - love them both dearly, but back to back they sound virtually the same. But I'll have to give it a try sometime! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTime6 days ago
    Do you find you appreciate each score less though?

Not really. It's easy to identify which "period" the composer is in at any given time, but that's part of the charm. Like going through Zimmer's power anthem period; I can't get enough of that.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. It's easy to identify which "period" the composer is in at any given time, but that's part of the charm.

Cool! Yeah, that makes total sense! smile