• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Aidabaida wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    He's not that into it anymore. If he's scoring stuff, he's doing it for friends, probably will return for a Bond film, if asked.

And meanwhile composing pure orchestral/synth GOLD for 'Sherlock'...

not a fan of the sherlock musical universe i am afraid my friend. i don't like how zimmer did it and i don't like how price with arnold do it either.

Mancini, on the other hand...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017
    BobdH wrote
    Mancini, on the other hand...

Indeed. THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE is one of my favourite Mancini scores!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Wrong thread. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Demetris wrote
    Aidabaida wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    He's not that into it anymore. If he's scoring stuff, he's doing it for friends, probably will return for a Bond film, if asked.

And meanwhile composing pure orchestral/synth GOLD for 'Sherlock'...

not a fan of the sherlock musical universe i am afraid my friend. i don't like how zimmer did it and i don't like how price with arnold do it either.

They aren't that dissimilar.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Hence he doesn't like either. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017
    Demetris wrote

Yeah I've seen it be pretty polarizing. I think the jangling ethnic-instrument-infused, percussive, phantasmagoria of sound goes perfectly with the exotic and dangerous London of the TV series. I really like the way they'll segue from clacking and ticking and groaning to gorgeous string elegies to hip-hop rhythms and turkish ouds in the blink of the eye. It creates a really interesting landscape.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  4. THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HOWARD SHORE

Because nothing new in film music interests me anymore (I'm having serious modern film score fatigue, while I crave for more old-school symphonic music that I know and love), so I keep returning to the wonderful classics of old again and again. This is part of a trilogy that I will never tire of.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. THE BEST OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - BEAR MCCREARY

I've made a playlist consisting of two completely filled cd's holding my favorite cues of the 4 seasons (not by Vivaldi). wink

Season 1 and 2 today (disc 1). Quite a good selection if I do say so myself. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Lost In Space 50th Anniversary Collection: Season 2 (Discs 4-8). Thank goodness Warren Barker's alternate theme was never used!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017 edited
    Cindylover1969 wrote
    Lost In Space 50th Anniversary Collection: Season 2 (Discs 4-8). Thank goodness Warren Barker's alternate theme was never used!

I know, right!
    Yeah, sure Lost In Space became more goofy and camp in Season 2 but that silly "cartoony" theme by Barker was way off course (no pun intended)!
    I love that LIS Box set. Some of the best music written for television right there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    Aidabaida wrote
    Demetris wrote

Yeah I've seen it be pretty polarizing. I think the jangling ethnic-instrument-infused, percussive, phantasmagoria of sound goes perfectly with the exotic and dangerous London of the TV series. I really like the way they'll segue from clacking and ticking and groaning to gorgeous string elegies to hip-hop rhythms and turkish ouds in the blink of the eye. It creates a really interesting landscape.

a messy gypsy thing. same as the movies smile not a fan at all, and I don't like how the character gets portrayed on big and small screen either. tv shows are slightly better, but that zimmer and guy Ritchie duo with that iron man dude is so off (and off-putting) for me I cannot even begin describing smile thankfully they will let that die in peace. smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    n.p. danny Elfman - terminator: salvation

now this is the Elfman I love, not the quirky one with the 'oooo' 'oouuu'' high-pitched female choirs and the theremins smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HOWARD SHORE

Because nothing new in film music interests me anymore (I'm having serious modern film score fatigue, while I crave for more old-school symphonic music that I know and love), so I keep returning to the wonderful classics of old again and again. This is part of a trilogy that I will never tire of.

Love lotr scores. Don't like Hobbitsessss at all. But lotr trilogy (the regular releases, not the overlong extended stuff that came afterwards), boy oh boy these are good! I often revisit too.
  7. Demetris wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - HOWARD SHORE

Love lotr scores. Don't like Hobbitsessss at all. But lotr trilogy (the regular releases, not the overlong extended stuff that came afterwards), boy oh boy these are good! I often revisit too.

Mainly my brother and I made the best possible versions of all three scores, expanded from the original albums, about an hour of more excellent music for each installment. Much more entertaining than the complete releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    n.p. danny Elfman - terminator: salvation

now this is the Elfman I love, not the quirky one with the 'oooo' 'oouuu'' high-pitched female choirs and the theremins smile

Amen to that. Elfman can write badass scores when he's given the right film, and this is probably one of his most badass. Planet of the Apes is probably my favourite Elfman/Burton score, save for Batman (which will always have a special place in my memory considering it was one of the first scores I lisrtened to).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Wonder Woman

The No-Man's Land cue is so good...if only the rest of the movie were as good as that one scene.
  8. THE BEST OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - BEAR MCCREARY

Season 3 and 4 today. Basically everything I need on one disc.

I'll put my playlist here now, check it out... highlights aplenty... a superb selection. beer

Season 1 : 1. Prologue, 2. Main Title, 3. The Olympic Carrier, 4. A Good Lighter, 5. The Thousandth Landing, 6. Boomer Flees, 7. Passacaglia, 8. The Shape of Things to Come, 9. Wander My Friends, 10. Bloodshed

Season 2 : 11. Baltar's Dream, 12. Martial Law, 13. Pegasus, 14. Lords of Kobol, 15. Something Dark Is Coming, 16. Roslin and Adama, 17. Gina Escapes, 18. Prelude to War, 19. Reuniting the Fleet, 20. One Year Later, 21. Worthy of Survival, 22. Black Market, 23. Colonial Anthem

Season 3 : 1. Precipice, 2. Admiral and Commander, 3. Adama Falls, 4. Battlestar Sonatica, 5. Fight Night, 6. Kat's Sacrifice, 7. Someone to Trust, 8. Heeding the Call, 9. All Along the Watchtower

Season 4 : 10. The Signal, 11. The Cult of Baltar, 12. Farewell Apollo, 13. Laura Runs, 14. Roslin and Adama Reunited, 15. Grand Old Lady, 16. Boomer Takes Hera, 17. Diaspora Oratorio, 18. Baltar's Sermon, 19. Kara's Coordinates, 20. So Much Life, 21. An Easterly View, 22. Gaeta's Lament (feat. Alessandro Juliani)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Dark Tower

Worse than you might think possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017 edited
    Southall wrote
    The Dark Tower

To quote Mr. Solo. I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit
    • CommentAuthorjb1234
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017
    Aidabaida wrote
    Southall wrote
    The Dark Tower

To quote Mr. Solo. I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit

It's pretty horrid. I turned it off less than halfway through and returned to Valerian.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    King Arthur:Legend of the Sword - Daniel Pemberton

I should explore all kinds of new scores. But I just cannot stop listening to this one.
  9. Southall wrote
    The Dark Tower

Ah bollocks. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Dark Tower Junkie XL

A contender for best score of the year.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE DARK TOWER - Junkie XL

I'm quite enjoying this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. NP: Valerian and the City of the Thousand Planets (2017) - Alexandre Desplat

The score without songs. First listen. I LIKE this! I'll by this film on BR, so I'm undecided whether to watch it on the big screen.

Volker
  11. NP: König der letzten Tage (1992) - Wojciech Kilar

The brilliant score for a German TV mini series that probably went under the radar of international score aficionados back in the early 90s. More than a thousand copies ultimately were destroyed before the CD sold second hand for fantastic money later. The score was recorded with a rather small ensemble. Naxos later recorded highlights of the score with a full orchestra.

Volker
  12. Jóhann Jóhannsson - Arrival

My favorite score and film of the last year. Listening to pay respect to the poor Jóhannsson, who probably went through quite an ordeal during Blade Runner.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2017
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: König der letzten Tage (1992) - Wojciech Kilar

The brilliant score for a German TV mini series that probably went under the radar of international score aficionados back in the early 90s. More than a thousand copies ultimately were destroyed before the CD sold second hand for fantastic money later. The score was recorded with a rather small ensemble. Naxos later recorded highlights of the score with a full orchestra.

Volker

Love this score and didn't know that information you've given.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. ^ The owner of Tarantula Records told me when I visited his shop in Hamburg in the year 2000. He said it was a regular occurrence since no one was able to store all the unsold CDs.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017
    Aidabaida wrote
    Wonder Woman

The No-Man's Land cue is so good...if only the rest of the movie were as good as that one scene.

the opening cue is very good,and some other highlights it too. when you edit the meaningless drone out, it's not bad at all.