• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017
    NP: WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD (Robin Guthrie & Harold Budd)

So gorgeous -- and perfect listening for a lazy Saturday morning.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Played earlier: Collage (2016) - James Horner

An excellent album all around. The Collage Concerto with its Star Trek sensibilities has become an often played favourite of mine.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017
    I love that album, and his horn concerto was an incredible swansong (I'm sure someone will tell me how it technically isn't, but I don't care).

Spider-Man: Homecoming
    Michael Giacchino

Ridiculously entertaining.
  2. NP: Kong: Skull Island (2017) - Henry Jackman

Better than I thought actually. I just discovered I have no Jackman score in my collection so far.

Volker
  3. Steven wrote
    I love that album, and his horn concerto was an incredible swansong (I'm sure someone will tell me how it technically isn't, but I don't care).

Spider-Man: Homecoming
    Michael Giacchino

Ridiculously entertaining.

I think it is even technically, as the last album that was released was a score written two years before it was released and there's not that much Horner to Magnificent Seven anyway (and I think it was released a bit earlier than Collage).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. The Music Box release of Fitzwilly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2017
    101 Dalmatians Michael Kamen

Solid gold. One of my favourites by him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017
    christopher wrote
    Gorgeous score! I've never seen the film either. I understand it's quite harrowing.

I'll be listening to film music nonstop for the next 6 hours while I drive to LA to see John Williams tonight. I can't decide if I should listen to all Williams all the way there, or if I should save it for the concert.

Seen the film, loved it. Intense stuff. The music is fantastic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017 edited
    NP: SAMANTHA (Joel McNeely)

Breezy, but lovely. A bit in the vein of Michael Gore's DEFENDING YOUR LIFE.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. NP: Battlestar Galactica Saga of a Star World (1978) - Stu Phillips

Truly one of the great scifi scores. I own three incarnations of it. I am now listening to the recording made for the original LP.

cylon Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017
    ET John Williams

As good as it gets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2017
    FAILING MainTitles.net has a TREMENDOUSLY BAD review of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. CROOKED THOMAS GLORIEUX doesn't understand film music. Very Sad!!

Covfefe
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  6. Moana: The Deluxe Edition.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2017 edited
    Ali's Wedding - Nigel Westlake

A new score from one of our finest composers down here is something to treasure. And his latest is just about what you'd expect - a glorious work filled with thematic beauty, heart and soul, and rare compositional talent. It's just magnificent.
  7. Great to hear! I'm planning on listening to that one next.
  8. NP: The Best Years of our Lives (1946) - Hugo Friedhofer

A true classic.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aidabaida wrote
    FAILING MainTitles.net has a TREMENDOUSLY BAD review of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. CROOKED THOMAS GLORIEUX doesn't understand film music. Very Sad!!

Covfefe

biggrin Even though you still need to be pacified with extreme prejudice for your signature, this made me smile. biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  9. Aidabaida wrote

Covfefe

I hope this is a tongue in cheek post, not to be taken seriously. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. NP: Navstevnici / Die Besucher (1984) - Karel Svoboda

Scarcely anyone outside the Czech Republic and Germany will ever have heard about this. smile

Volker
  11. Aidabaida wrote

Covfefe

thank you at least for reading my review then wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  12. Oh so it was a joke post ? Well one never knows with all these crazy fans spouting insane nonsense all over the interweb. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  13. David OC wrote

A new score from one of our finest composers down here is something to treasure. And his latest is just about what you'd expect - a glorious work filled with thematic beauty, heart and soul, and rare compositional talent. It's just magnificent.

I've loved everything I've heard of Westlake's, which isn't much. Talk about an underemployed composer. Will be on the lookout for this one for sure, thanks for the tip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    DreamTheater wrote
    Oh so it was a joke post ? Well one never knows with all these crazy fans spouting insane nonsense all over the interweb. tongue

Poe's Law.
  14. NP: The Theory of Everything (2014) - Jóhann Jóhannsson

Beautiful music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Theory of Everything (2014) - Jóhann Jóhannsson

Beautiful music!

I played that yesterday. Wonderful score, albeit surprisingly conventional for Jóhannsson.
    I am extremely serious.
  15. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    David OC wrote

I've loved everything I've heard of Westlake's, which isn't much. Talk about an underemployed composer. Will be on the lookout for this one for sure, thanks for the tip.

I just finished my first listen to this. Great stuff. Westlake is so talented, and his music is so classy. There's a lot of plucked string instruments in this score (harp, guitar, and especially minaret). I loved the all-too-brief burst of gloriousness at the end of the first track. I really liked "In Loving Memory," which is just one of the loveliest acoustic guitar-based cues I've heard in a long time. "Train Station Wedding" was another highlight for me. It was just delightful! As was so much of this score. It's one of the best of the year so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2017 edited
    The Little Prince
    I've seen very little discussion in any board about Zimmer/Harvey's score for "The Little Prince". It's legitimately lovely, especially, the gorgeous, "Equation" cue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azANnKFaceY
  16. So apparently today was the 40th anniversary of Voyager 1's launch into space.

And I felt somehow compelled without knowing this to listen to one Mr Goldsmith's Star Trek: The Motion Picture this evening. Another amazing coincidence after a similar thing that happened on July 4th, independence day. cheesy
  17. NP: The Limehouse Golem - Johan Söderqvist

What a big dose of Howard Shore's Seven can be heard in this one. And a reminder of Shore's music for The Hobbit films in "Misery Junction" for good measure.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2017
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: The Limehouse Golem - Johan Söderqvist

What a big dose of Howard Shore's Seven can be heard in this one. And a reminder of Shore's music for The Hobbit films in "Misery Junction" for good measure.

didn't like it at all. very unmelodic , drony, bassy, passable and without identity. Very much unlike the rest of his body of work.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.