• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2020
    Big hugs guys
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Big hugs guys
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Big hugs guys
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Wtf

Why is there only that sentence from a larger post showing?
  1. Timmer wrote
    Wtf

That must be annoying!

It must be late where you are Tim?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Something wrong with the internet connection in Nepal, I suppose. Wouldn't be surprised. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2020
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Wtf

That must be annoying!

It must be late where you are Tim?

It was. I had a sleepless night and was playing loads of great film music. It's about 5 hours 15 minutes ahead of the UK here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Something wrong with the internet connection in Nepal, I suppose. Wouldn't be surprised. smile

More than likely Thor Internet connections here go from sub-awful to okay and if you're really lucky, pretty good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've been in Nepal since late January. My visa has run out but that doesn't matter as immigration is extending for free, I just have to go to the office when it's officially open again.

I've been using all this time to catch up on Netflix series, film and documentaries ( unfortunately all my reading material is spent ) and listening to music. Part of my lost post last night was about how much I was enjoying listening to John Barry's King Kong, John William's The Lost World, Wojciech Kilar's Dracula and Hans Zimmer's Inception. Only downside being that I can only listen through headphones on my iPhone or android tablet.

I'm very well aware of how lucky I am, I can't think of many places I would rather be.

I hope you're all well and healthy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just found out lockdown here has been extended to 18th May

If this situation had happened back in the heyday of MT's it would have taken hours to catch up with all the posts and continuous banter. As far as I can see there isn't even a new thread about lockdown.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just found out lockdown here has been extended to 18th May

If this situation had happened back in the heyday of MT's it would have taken hours to catch up with all the posts and continuous banter. As far as I can see there isn't even a new thread about lockdown.

P.S. Does Steven still come here at all?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2020 edited
    Timmer wrote
    P.S. Does Steven still come here at all?

No, haven't seen him in ages. As I said earlier, Maintitles is basically a Mausoleum now.

Good to hear that you're holding up, Tim. I guess you're just living it 'up', taking each day as it comes, without any particular plans to return to Bristol or the UK any time soon. Taking odd jobs here and there to make ends meet. I can appreciate that; in fact I'm a tad bit jealous -- even though I have no idea how that lifestyle works, and in Nepal, of all places. If you feel like sharing how, feel free to do so. I'm very curious. If not, that's OK too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2020
    wave

Very occasionally, my old friends. Perhaps we can start a renaissance.

NP: Summon the Heroes John Williams

After seeing the virtual performance of it, with Williams himself introducing it, I had to give it a play. Never gets old.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2020
    Good to here from you Steven, hope you're doing well in these bonkers elephant times.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor,

Not working but I have property I'm letting. There's my income
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ffs! Another long(ish) post swallowed by Nepali crappy connections
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In a nutshell, how are all of you here coping?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2020 edited
    Exercise and math! That's how I'm coping. dizzy Determined to come out of this a buff dude. punk The cabin fever is real though, especially when you're on your own. People complaining about living with their significant others can shove their complaints up their ass. rolleyes

How's the apocalypse your end?

edit:

Timmer wrote
    I've been in Nepal since late January. My visa has run out but that doesn't matter as immigration is extending for free, I just have to go to the office when it's officially open again.

I've been using all this time to catch up on Netflix series, film and documentaries ( unfortunately all my reading material is spent ) and listening to music. Part of my lost post last night was about how much I was enjoying listening to John Barry's King Kong, John William's The Lost World, Wojciech Kilar's Dracula and Hans Zimmer's Inception. Only downside being that I can only listen through headphones on my iPhone or android tablet.

I'm very well aware of how lucky I am, I can't think of many places I would rather be.

I hope you're all well and healthy

Nepal shocked What brought you there, Indy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2020
    Call of the Wild John Powell

Another career highlight with 'Buck Takes the Lead'. Powell just keeps knocking them out of the park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2020 edited
    Steven wrote
    Call of the Wild John Powell

Another career highlight with 'Buck Takes the Lead'. Powell just keeps knocking them out of the park.

I really don't mind if he continues doing just one film a year, as he has been doing recently, because the quality of them has been way above par, even for him. All of them have been worth the wait.

Good to hear you're still alive Steven pal. kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2020 edited
    It's somehow comforting to know that, even if he's been absent for a while, everything is still normal - i.e. Steven and I disagreeing about basically everything. I really disliked CALL OF THE WILD, ranged from mediocre to meandering and irritating. I wish Powell gets back to scoring serious live action movies again.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2020
    Still very much, despite the confusing rules.

The Force Awakens John Williams

Recently, I was rallying against these Disney era scores, complaining about the lack of heart. Although I think that's still true, as purely action scores, as typically expertly crafted music from Williams, I've come to love all three. Rise of Skywalker is actually my favourite, especially as there is a bit of soul to it with that new theme, closely followed by this one.

Never one to miss an opportunity to complain about Star Wars, my god does Rise of Skywalker suck. Given its level of suckiness, I can only imagine it's Thor's new favourite film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2020
    The Rise of Skywalker John Williams

I can categorically say I love this score. I'm frankly embarrassed by my earlier statements, but this actually became something I often returned to through trying times (even before covid19).

It's brilliant. A miracle given the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2020
    I’m not listening to anything at the moment.
  2. Southall wrote
    I’m not listening to anything at the moment.

That's one way to keep the board ticking over.

I am not listening to anything either.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2020
    Alexandre Desplat - De Battre mon coeur s'est arrêté and Les Corps Impatients

I spent an entire week listening to the two scores I feel represent the best of a variety of composers, such as the above. It was my intention to, if needed, correct myself and replace a title with another, and stop my adventure once I got the feeling I needed to do something else (a week and 40 composers). All my original choices were tested and still, supposedly, the right ones, even though I mostly chose composers I wasn't completely sure about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Never one to miss an opportunity to complain about Star Wars, my god does Rise of Skywalker suck. Given its level of suckiness, I can only imagine it's Thor's new favourite film.

Ha, ha. Not quite. I DO think it's a good film, much better than fans give it credit for, but the least good of the sequels. While TFA was 3rd and TLJ 4th of each respective year, TROS was 20th.

Never really cared for any of the scores, though. I could probably make a 30-minute playlist of the highlights that would suffice from this particular trilogy.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Having been on both sides of that particular debate, I can't exactly get animated at your opinion on the scores. But I've certainly come around on them. Christ, I can even listen to the complete versions and be entertained. That's the 180 I've done on them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2020
    The last three Star Wars scores are still very enjoyable. But I'm slowly becoming an old man stuck in his ways. So it'll always be the original trilogy for me. So glad they're finally giving them the full restoration treatment!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2020
    Steven wrote

Nepal shocked What brought you there, Indy?

Wine, women and song.

Nah! Mountains mate, big fuck off sized mountains. Now they're 40 km away and occasionally tease me by popping out from behind clouds. I haven't seen you on faceache for ages, I'm putting up regular updates and pics there.

Are you still with the Norwegian lady you were dating?